• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is a question:

How big is everyone's wishlist?

Lately I've come to the realization that mine is slowly growing very large. It seems like I add a game a day, sometimes more. It's starting to worry me, as I already have a huge backlog of games to even install yet.... o_O
I got 20. I used to have more but I deleted a bunch of the ones that I figured I'd most likely only play for an hour. Now I got it down to games that I truly want to play, a lot.
A whopping 3 games lol

Metal Gear Rising
Transistor
DMC
Dang yo, if I knew you wanted DMC I could've gotten it for you while it was on sale before it got region locked

So here is a question:

Lately I've come to the realization that mine is slowly growing very large. It seems like I add a game a day, sometimes more. It's starting to worry me, as I already have a huge backlog of games to even install yet.... o_O

It was around 750-800 at the beginning of 2013. It's around 400 now and I update it very regularly. Granted a lot of games are "oh that looks like it could be really fun!" but I don't put games on just for the sake of it. Majority of the stuff on my wishlist is DLC at the moment anyways.

Monooboe

So here is a question:

I used to keep it under 10 games but lately I've been adding more and more. I think mostly just to keep track of interesting games that I haven't really decided on.

So here is a question:

Mine used to be around 700, but one day I realized that it caused problems with Enhanced Steam, so I had to trim it. Now I'm sitting at 164.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Yes, sadly.

NVM, misread the post, it has always been like this.

Well that blows.. I'll probably pass then.

Why does it say this in the Extra Copies info then?
Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.

EDIT: I've never purchased The Orange Box or the Valve Complete Pack before.

Anteater

Bigger than Jasec's
emot-smuggog4iep.gif

Alavard

So here is a question:

I got mine down to ~25 after the Summer Steam Sale, but now it's back to 41. Almost half of those are games that aren't out yet, however, and a couple are Early Access titles that I'm waiting for a full release.

Turfster

Huh.
Now that I look at your list, HL2 is in there, which is weird.
You'll notice HL2:E1 , L4D1 and Portal are is absent, so you should be getting an extra one of those if you already own them (which I guess you do)

Edit: Weird, I thought I remembered it giving the other 2 too.
Guess not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Why does it say this in the Extra Copies info then?

EDIT: I've never purchased The Orange Box or the Valve Complete Pack before.

The FAQ is correct. The sub is set up to reward HL2 and Episode One if you own them.

OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage Half-Life 2 (470) --> AppIDOwnedRequired Half-Life 2 (220)
OnPurchaseGrantGuestPassPackage1 Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (471) --> AppIDOwnedRequired Half-Life 2: Episode One (380)

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Huh.
Now that I look at your list, HL2 is in there, which is weird.
You'll notice HL2:E1, L4D1 and Portal are absent, so you'd be getting an extra one of those if you already own them (which I guess you do)

No, I don't own those on steam. It's just being goofy I guess.

The FAQ is correct. The sub is set up to reward HL2 and Episode One if you own them.

So even though they say I'm not going to get them, I am going to get them?

JaseC

You're right, according to their own official f.a.q. you should be entitled to an extra copy of Half-life 2, Portal, Left for dead and Half-Life episode 1 whether you already own them.

The L4D and Portal scenarios presented don't apply to the VCP.

dex3108

My wishlist is at 10 games.

Also, why can't we download The Vanishing of Ethan Carter yet? What's going on here Valve?

Team Astronauts is still working on game. 19:00 CET (in 15 minutes) is when they aim to release it but there is chance for small delay by couple of hours.

Jawmuncher

Depend from the spells. Some has a source, like Ultima, in which you pay and you can draw some. When you will be plenty of Gil, you need to acquire 100 Ultima spells and bind them to your stats.
But sucking spells from enemies is useless. Junction is really generally useless, because if you mantain LOW the level of your characters, the game is so easy you will defeat Ultima Weapons in a couple of rounds. If you will do junction with some spells like Ultima on your attack, you will do plenty of damage. This, plus the fact you can take Lion Heart on Disc 1, make the whole junction thing facultative.

I'll have to mess with it then when I get around to playing it.
I plan on beating all of the FF games at some point. Currently need 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, and Lightning Returns.

Andrefpvs

I keep my wishlist short so in case I ever win one of those official Steam giveaways I get something I really want.
It's never going to happen.

Only a few hours left on Groupees' (Sometimes) Tuesday Ion Robot Bundle. It's no longer forcing you to buy multiple games, so if you only like one, you can pay 50 cents to get it AND still get the bonuses! I only wanted Ionball 2 + Power-Up (bonus). I already had Face Noir and Not the Robots (thanks to GAF), and Bad Hotel doesn't really interest me.

Thank you for this! $.50 for two games, and both have cards.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
At this point, it mostly serves as a means to look during Steam sales for price mistakes I'd want to jump on.

Yep, that's what I use mine for too, it's an easy way to see if games I'm interested in are on sale. It's especially useful for the smaller lesser known games that I want, the games that never pop up on the main page anyway.

Mine's at 181 games (and climbing), seems like most of you have far less than me, but a couple have MUCH more too, lol.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to be a known issue, yeah.

also it's time for another shameless announcement from chubigans really sorry y'all

3CdK5KQ.png

ok cy'all laters

I need more details now.

It's so good.

There are just so many games out there that look interesting, to the point that you'll never play all of them in your life time. The wishlist feature is nice because it can be a reference point for sales and bundles, which is why I put a lot of games on it.

It's nowhere near the amount of Rhaknar's list though :p

Shadownet

Banned
The devs are still working on some lingering issues. They're hoping to release it later today.

Ah poop. I was hoping to preload it. and now this delay is killing me :(

Only TEN? Man, I can only dream..

I only put 10 games I wanted on there because people keep asking me why I don't have anything on my wishlist :p
But I put some expensive games on my wishlist, so people will be discouraged to buy me gifts. I keep all the cheap ones I want in my mind.

JaseC

A -15% coupon for Road Redemption was sent out to owners of Defy Gravity Extended earlier. It stacks atop the current early bird discount of 10%.

what would be the difference?

One is a game I don't own and the other isn't. ;) I think the two are the same as far as content is concerned.

Edit:
ThomNG (Nordic Games) said:
Painkiller Gold Edition is the US name of Painkiller Black Edition. The versions may differ in some small files etc. but in general they have the same content (Painkiller + Painkiller Battle out of Hell). Gold Edition was put offline - I think in 2007 - and replaced by Black Edition as this version was available in more languages (if I remember correctly). If you have both versions, you can hopefully gift one.

Cheers

cHinzo

Just bought Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. God, this game looks fun, but still a month away untill it's unlocked. ;__;

So here is a question:

Only 6 here. :d I don't put stuff on it which I dont intend to play.

A -15% coupon for Road Redemption was sent out to owners of Defy Gravity Extended earlier. It stacks atop the current early bird discount of 10%.
Is that game any good? I loved Road Rash Jailbreak on my PS1.

legacyzero

Banned
I only put 10 games I wanted on there because people keep asking me why I don't have anything on my wishlist :p
But I put some expensive games on my wishlist, so people will be discouraged to buy me gifts. I keep all the cheap ones I want in my mind.

You dont like gifts, EH?!

DocSeuss

Sounds like pretty legitimate complaints, though to be honest it's not like I usually love open world games for the writing (Just Cause 2 anyone?). And it's not like we really have any chance of it coming to PC at this point, it's just always been one of those few multi-platform games not on PC that seemed worthy of wanting.

It's a game worth playing. It has some utterly fantastic audiovisual stuff worth talking about. It's just also poorly-written, buggy as a mosquito-infested swamp (which is supposedly the reason why it won't be ported to PC, ever), and features REALLY STUPID DESIGN DECISIONS LIKE MASH A TO RUN.

Can you imagine just tapping shift constantly to actually run?

When I start making more than $275 a month, I will gift the poop out of you.

Arthea

Nuuvem has FFXIII for ~8 €, but I can't myself to actually buy it because I just know it's going to be an awful port :(

What makes you think so? Aside from iOS ports, and I'm not even sure these are bad, as I don't know about iOS possibilities too much, all SE modern ports were good. Or am I forgetting something?

Just bought Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. God, this game looks fun, but still a month away untill it's unlocked. ;__;

Only 6 here. :d I don't put stuff on it which I dont intend to play.

Is that game any good? I loved Road Rash Jailbreak on my PS1.

I did the same with Borderlands. I used a 23% off voucher on GMG so at least the wait isn't as expensive as it could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom