• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
I clicked that link the moment the post came up, if he was able to switch it that fast (and maybe he can seeing as how he's able to swipe codes faster than light) then shit.
I clicked it like a minute after he posted and it was private.

Maybe your internet had a hiccup and you thought you saw it the second it came up.

A cheap but fun game for you, GAF

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SourCinnamon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Critter Crunch -- MB-60E992496CEAE48D - Taken by Symphonic

Inversive

uhhh is steam fucked for anyone? I've tried two separate cards to try and buy/add steam funds and both said 'Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again.'

The first card was mine and i've purchased 3 games today for a total of around 8 pounds, i put 50 pounds into my bank today on top of whatever else was in there so it isn't a lack of money. The problem started happening after i tried to buy shogun 2 fall of the samurai, the transaction failed about 6 times on the purchase screen just saying the transaction failed to complete or some fucking bullshit (it even downloaded vanilla shogun from scratch for NO fucking reason). The second card was my mothers and i was testing the waters by trying to add 5 pound to the wallet and even that failed. Wtf Valve you incompetent fucks, you've had all the time in the world to make sure this sale went smoothly, it was my first sale too and it's just a clusterfuck of disappointment.

Does anyone know of a solution?

RK9039

Someone help, I keep getting this annoying message when I try to buy something:

'Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.
Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After correcting any errors in the information displayed below, please try your purchase again'.

I already bought three games today, now it has messed up for some reason...? I have money in my account, and it doesn't even let me add funds.

Is Steam mucking around?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Okay, then I have some codes to give away that I got got from some bundles (most of them should be unused, but one or two might not):

Fairy Bloom Freesia
Lucid
X-Blades
Two Worlds II - Castle Defense
Iron Grip Warlord

DukeBobby

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-EB5CDF31905106FE - Taken by Nabs
Anna -- MB-7CA2735AAA11BB82 - Taken by derExperte
The Darkness 2 -- MB-2C5D4E964FAE3F2A - Taken by Papercuts

Some games I bought in the GMG sale that I don't need.

It's the Anna Extended Edition btw

_woLf

Guys, is Endless Space worth it? When I last played it (when it was free for a weekend) it was super confusing but I've heard they improved it a bit...is that true?

Just wanted to jump in and say congrats to java-whatever for getting all those free games and simultaneously acting like a thankless child about it. And also for seeming to be immune to being temp banned even though I've seen juniors sacrificed to Evilore's blood chamber for much, much less.

Sad to see a thread that should be full of a ton of people sharing games and being excited about great deals, being shit on by a rude guy with both an attitude problem and persecutory delusions(which really doesn't make sense after getting free games).

Now, hopefully I get paid in the next few days so I can sprinkle a few indie games in here for people (with a couple obvious blacklistings implemented of course).

Omega

Banned
Can you have multiple games idle to get cards? I'm guessing not because I've had CS:GO opened for almost 2 hours and nothing

I keep seeing Don't starve pop up here and am tempted to buy it, then I remember It's coming to Plus on PS4 and I decide against it...

Same, I keep going back and forth on if I want to buy it or not. I know I'm getting a ps4, and thus also know I'm getting PS+, and thus also know I'm gonna be getting Don't Starve for free. On the other hand....that's a couple months from now.

Sianos

Whoever is on the fence for Just Cause 2, once it hits $3.75 like it always does, snap it up. Its phenomenally fun, the hookshot is a fantastic mechanic well-executed alongside the parachute.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Guys, is Endless Space worth it? When I last played it (when it was free for a weekend) it was super confusing but I've heard they improved it a bit...is that true?

I love the game. But people find different things confusing. I dont play these games typically and after doing the tutorials i caught on.

Gbraga

Okay, then I have some codes to give away that I got got from some bundles (most of them should be unused, but one or two might not):

Fairy Bloom Freesia
Lucid
X-Blades
Two Worlds II - Castle Defense
Iron Grip Warlord

Fairy Bloom Freesia is lovely, someone get this.

marrec

Banned
Getting in on the game giving away fun:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-219685BB98376B1E

calder

Hmm, modbot wasn't responding because apparently he's a lazy bastard, so I PMed modbot2 a couple of minutes ago. So I should be getting a PM back from the non-lazy modbot, and I post the contents of that PM in this thread right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom