• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

M*A*S*H

I'm using the config utility for Dark Souls' DSFix right now. What settings should I be adjusting? I changed resolution to 1600x900. Should I mess with AA, etc? I thought I saw in the ReadMe not to touch AA...?

Make sure to uncap the frame rate, though I'd still limit it at 30 (separate setting). Otherwise it'll run like ass.

Metro has been cancelled. I am cry.
Paid with Visa.
We're sorry, but the order you placed on July 11, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information. Be assured that if you paid by credit card, it has not been charged, and any other method of payment has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call the number below and we'll send you a replacement.

Neiteio

Disable the in game AA, or the game won't render properly.
You can enable all the lovely AA options in DSFix just fine.
Ah, OK -- so I can pump up AA in DSFix, but just turn it off in the game's options when I boot up the game.

What other options should I adjust? Anything with the HUD section?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I tried for another code and used Paypal this time. Canceled already. Guess they shut it down.

I thought I couldn't hate Kotaku more. I thought wrong.

this is why things dont last long

why cant people just order one?

well i was just saying for the entire steam community, Borderlands is always on sale, i figured something new would get voted :

One for me, one for my brother and the others for my friends. I don't see the problem.

MonkeyDot

Banned
Everyone getting in this thread right now:

haxvIm7.gif

RoKKeR

I think the only one who has anything to regret out of this is Best Buy and maybe Deep Silver.

If anything, the devs benefit because more people get to play their game. They don't benefit directly from the sales, at this point.
You're most likely right. 4A needs all the love they can get. And let me know what you think about it because I know you were hesitant beforehand.

It really is one of my favorite FPS campaigns.

RC

Banned
From Canada, used the Houston address posted a few pages ago and my order was just cancelled. Oh well, it was worth a try atleast.

ink4n3

I just placed an order for that Metro Last Light game. I have no idea what it is but I couldn't pass it up for $0.01. Thanks for the heads up!

I guess I put too many restrictions on this, it's still available.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor with DLC -- MB-CD837C36C61C2CC6

smr00

Banned
this is why things dont last long

why cant people just order one?

well i was just saying for the entire steam community, Borderlands is always on sale, i figured something new would get voted :
Well my initial order was Pay Pal because my debit card wasn't around and i was afraid it would try some shit so i did 1 more with my debit.

If i get both ill gladly give one out. Been like 30 minutes on the paypal order and no code, the other 15-20 minutes no code. Still says order in process though.

Sami+

Don't care for Metro, I'll give mine away if I get it.

About the Modbot thing... excuse me for being really stupid, but what does it mean by "keyline" to paste? I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, haha.

Neiteio

Make sure to uncap the frame rate, though I'd still limit it at 30 (separate setting). Otherwise it'll run like ass.
How do I "uncap the framerate?" I see a section called "Frames per second" with an Enable box that's not checked, next to a greyed-out 60, and below it is a 10 for a "Dynamically disable SMAA if your framerate drops below." Also, for AA, should I got SMAA or FXAA?

KScorp

5 orders still processing. Gonna go for a walk, will report back then.

(I ordered one for myself that already went through, so we'll see.)

Grief.exe

I think the only one who has anything to regret out of this is Best Buy and maybe Deep Silver.

If anything, the devs benefit because more people get to play their game. They don't benefit directly from the sales, at this point.

I hope Best Buy loses the money and still has to pay Deep Silver for every copy.

I feel regret, but I cant pass up that kind if deal.

TGMIII

How do I "uncap the framerate?" I see a section called "Frames per second" with an Enable box that's not checked, next to a greyed-out 60, and below it is a 10 for a "Dynamically disable SMAA if your framerate drops below." Also, for AA, should I got SMAA or FXAA?

There's a "unlockFPS" command. Set it to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom