• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

How do I "uncap the framerate?" I see a section called "Frames per second" with an Enable box that's not checked, next to a greyed-out 60, and below it is a 10 for a "Dynamically disable SMAA if your framerate drops below." Also, for AA, should I got SMAA or FXAA?

I think the setting is called unlockFPS

Sounds like you're using a version of DsFix that has a GUI wrapper though? In Durante's version, you just edit a .ini file

Gleeky

Metro deal still working.

Ordered about 30m ago, code just came in.

Redeemed on Steam no problem.

Used my Visa CC. Live in Cali.

Overdoziz

Banned
Everyone getting in this thread right now:

haxvIm7.gif
This gif is very fitting, haha.

antitrop

How do I "uncap the framerate?" I see a section called "Frames per second" with an Enable box that's not checked, next to a greyed-out 60, and below it is a 10 for a "Dynamically disable SMAA if your framerate drops below." Also, for AA, should I got SMAA or FXAA?
I see your introduction to PC gaming is going pretty rough. O_O

I think you're overthinking it?

Go SMAA, fuck FXAA it sucks.

Talyn

Ordered 1 Metro code and paid via PayPal when the deal first broke here. Haven't gotten a code yet, just ordered a 2nd and paid via Mastercard. Both orders still show as processing but this deal is all over the freaking net now, I just saw an announcement of it in the Hookups group on Steam.

I think I'm going to pass on Dark Souls for now. I'd rather wait to see other sales... maybe if there is another deal after I get what I want.

Still hoping Amalur goes on sale.

Crayons

Banned
Ordered 1 Metro code and paid via PayPal when the deal first broke here. Haven't gotten a code yet, just ordered a 2nd and paid via Mastercard. Both orders still show as processing but this deal is all over the freaking net now, I just saw an announcement of it in the Hookups group on Steam.

Same for me. I'm hoping for just one code.

Damn this thread moves fast. Last time I checked, I was on page 109.

Anyways, for those of you wondering about Endless Space, BUY IT! I'm a 4x noob, having only played a bit of Civ 5, I am loving Endless Space. It's a lot of fun and has that "just one more turn" syndrome.

keit4

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-96D97A348965BF86 - Taken by Thezez
Hotline Miami -- MB-E067BDAFE674B42B - Taken by rainking187
Cave Story Plus -- MB-5F68B0780F7FD29A - Taken by DomZ
Little Inferno -- MB-50AD87EF39146BFC - Taken by Blizniak

Neiteio

I see your introduction to PC gaming is going pretty rough. O_O

I think you're overthinking it?

Go SMAA, fuck FXAA it sucks.
I've never hacked a game before. I've been PC gaming for a while but I've never had to do anything like this to get a game working.

I think the setting is called unlockFPS

Sounds like you're using a version of DsFix that has a GUI wrapper though? In Durante's version, you just edit a .ini file
I'm using the Morten242 visual tool for the config utility for DsFix2.1. I'm noo sure which option is the equivalent of "unlockFPS."

There's a "unlockFPS" command. Set it to 1.
I'm looking for it. :-\

Scythian

I need a US Paypal account for Metro LL :(
And I registered with Best Buy and everything, by any change does anyone have a spare key? I'm also willing to pay with PayPal if you need :)

Also, I've yet to buy anything, Scribblenauts was tempting, as was Don't Starve, but they would need a deeper discount for me to buy them.

calder

I used that exact one and it didn't work for me. Got cancelled.

Yeah mine didn't work either. The CC declined saying it couldn't verify my address (canadian credit card obviously) and paypal didn't work either as it knows it's a canadian PP account. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom