• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

At first I was like "Why does this GIF fucking suck so badly?" and then I remembered I was using Chrome. Looks great in Firefox.

Eventually, Google will get their shit together.

so now you quote it on the new page for everyone who has chrome to suffer

you bastard

def sim

It is.

That's how I made slow-mo GIF's like this.

dragoo_by_alo81-d67v4pz.gif

Rendered at 150fps.

I've played so much Dark Souls, but this is the first time I've seen the full dragon transformation of that covenant. LOL that small tail is :3

The_Monk

I really need to go to sleep but I don't to wake up tomorrow with an empty inbox.

I wanted to give something to all the kind fellow GAFfers...

Question about Dark Souls, has anyone played through the PC version with Mouse + Keyboard? If so, how was it?

I have a friend who wants it but he's hesitating because he's scared of how it controls on PC. Help me sway him Stearn GAF!

M*A*S*H

I'm saying that I don't think that DSFix is capable of running Dark Souls at higher than 60fps.

Just tried it, worked fine. This is from dsfix.ini:

# FPS limit, only used with unlocked framerate
# do not set this much higher than 60, this will lead to various issues with the engine

So I guess you can, but you probably don't want to.

hlhbk

Man this thread has been all over the place. First its the sale, then it was modbot and that guy who was getting all the games, and now its this best buy thing. We might need a second thread by tomorrow. :D

Nimajneb

Steam's download manager sucks. I just wanted to download Dark Souls while playing The Walking Dead, idling Hotline Miami for cards, and queue up Skyrim to download next so I can grab those cards too. I've had to manually force Steam to download Dark Souls 4 times already. Why is this so hard, Valve?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Stop quoting a 20MB gif in a sale thread, fuck me! I'm on broadband and it just made me angry as shit waiting for it to load off deviant arts shit servers.

mcnarnia

Neo Member
I got my key. Is it supposed to only come with a NVidia card or something? It made me redeem it through the NVidia promotion site first. Thanks, Best Buy!

I picked up Dark Souls and then someone linked me to the Euro Truck Simulator Giant Bomb quick look and I had no choice but to pick that up too.

antitrop

Steam's download manager sucks. I just wanted to download Dark Souls while playing The Walking Dead, idling Hotline Miami for cards, and queue up Skyrim to download next so I can grab those cards too. I've had to manually force Steam to download Dark Souls 4 times already. Why is this so hard, Valve?
Considering how long it took them to add the ability to cap the bandwidth on your downloads, I think the chances of Steam's download manager ever not completely fucking sucking is unlikely.

Er, um, so... anyways, Borderlands 2 season pass. Worth $10 if I've already beaten the game once? I don't know that I'd go through the whole game again with another character (though I did think about doing another run with Gaige). Plus I have this habit of buying DLC for games I've already beaten and then never going back to play them--I think literally the only game I didn't do this with was Fallout 3. I even have all the New Vegas DLC waiting for me to play.

Question about Dark Souls, has anyone played through the PC version with Mouse + Keyboard? If so, how was it?

I have a friend who wants it but he's hesitating because he's scared of how it controls on PC. Help me sway him Stearn GAF!

Playing dark soul is like walking on broken glass.

Playing dark soul with a keyboard+m is like walking on fire melting broken glass

It's the best way to play it :)

Ugh.

I really want to buy Dark Souls, but I'm not too sure if I'll be able to until right before the sale ends.

Let's hope that Steam doesn't screw up.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well, it's hardly "suffering", it just doesn't display at the proper frame rate.

You should open it in its own tab then it'll show you it at full speed.

Also, little side note - Firefox doesn't display 50fps GIF's correctly, it actually shows them at a slightly slower speed.

Currently, Chrome (as shitty as it is) is the best way to view GIFs from an accuracy standpoint because when it DOES fully load it and display it how it's supposed to, it's exactly the way the GIF was rendered.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man this thread has been all over the place. First its the sale, then it was modbot and that guy who was getting all the games, and now its this best buy thing. We might need a second thread by tomorrow. :D
And I still haven't had an answer to my question regarding Inversion's quality and price :(

That's it, I'm moving to the Origin thread.

no I'm not. I like it here.

metalshade

I'm gonna go off-topic here, sorry.

Has anyone played Inversion? It's currently $4.99 at 75% off, and it looks interesting. I won't regret it, right?

It is exactly what it looks like, uninspired copycat.
But, the story does take an interesting turn or two, so if you are a sci fi NUT like me, it is worth a few hours of your time.

PBalfredo

So GAF, I have no preference since I already own these games, so which one should I vote for in the Community Choice poll? Saint's Row the Third, Mass Effect 2, or KOTOR 2?

REP: I understand the inconvenience on the game Metro "Last night", there is an error in the system, on the page it lists a few graphics cards that need to be purchased with it. The order will most likely be canceled if you place the order.

Salsa

REP: I understand the inconvenience on the game Metro "Last night", there is an error in the system, on the page it lists a few graphics cards that need to be purchased with it. The order will most likely be canceled if you place the order.

what if all of our $0.01 orders turn into a $1000 order for a Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom