• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

v0rtikal

did you guys know that you can actually zoom in some of the trading cards?! you should appreciate the art, like Bastion. Save those .jpgs before putting them on sale..

ee3237aa0bcf14facef6bf2a02f704f007b22e18.jpg

antitrop

So what is everyone's favorite indie game that is on sale?

For me, it has to be To The Moon. $3. Runs on just about any pc, and has a wonderful story. :)

ss_9885a7091273a238f86165b85350d35fec639c3f.600x338.jpg
I bought To The Moon the day it came out on Steam and have never played more than an hour of it. I have never uninstalled it since that day, because I have always meant to play it. I just can't make the time.

It's pretty similar. You end up with a pile of tranquilized dudes in a corner while you steal everything that's not bolted down and never once stand up.

pretty much my experience with all deus ex games yet I can't get enough of them, from your avatar I'm guessing you can't either

This dude still needs a home.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor with DLC -- MB-CD837C36C61C2CC6

Salsa

Do Steam Sales get less interesting every year?

First they introduced an awesome meta-game where you play games, earn achievements, and then get free games and badges.

Then they dumbed that down to just getting a badge by doing some various tasks.

Then they dumbed that down, removed the badge entirely. Now you create a badge out of trading cards you earn by voting.

I know this is a slippery slope argument, but whats next? We just get a badge by logging in on the first day?

I dont think the super active stuff got a good enough reception. I liked it but at the same kinda hated having to take the time to do it while mantaining/keeping up with this thread and all

did you guys know that you can actually zoom in some of the trading cards?! you should appreciate the art, like Bastion. Save those .jpgs before putting them on sale..

ee3237aa0bcf14facef6bf2a02f704f007b22e18.jpg

Yeah, they're pretty great. I particularly like the Infinite ones, but then again I'm a huge fan of that game.

antitrop

Do Steam Sales get less interesting every year?

First they introduced an awesome meta-game where you play games, earn achievements, and then get free games and badges.

Then they dumbed that down to just getting a badge by doing some various tasks.

Then they dumbed that down, removed the badge entirely. Now you create a badge out of trading cards you earn by voting.

I know this is a slippery slope argument, but whats next? We just get a badge by logging in on the first day?
Yes, the Steam Sale metagame is now so lame that I could not possibly care less. Used to be cool.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This dude still needs a home.
I tried last time and got nothing. I'm not a lurker by any means and never won from modbot before. Weird.

Anyway, I was mostly just curious. I have yet to find a roguelike I enjoy and figured most people who like them already have it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw #3 -- MB-B87D0D7626924E2E - Taken by pahamrick
The Maw #2 -- MB-4AC0D64F54C764F1 - Taken by CatPee
The Maw #4 -- MB-16CE6877A686ABD8 - Taken by Blizniak
The Maw #5 -- MB-F32BA9F7970C8D9B - Taken by Aitor
The Maw -- MB-2982225BF0CF552E - Taken by GAMERG0D

Quit spamming me Amazon

It's 2 bucks. Sell the 3 cards and it might cost you 50 cents.
How do I sell cards? Do you get cards right away? And I can't sell anything yet, I've only been on Steam 13 days

Vaas being awesome was an accident, and more the responsibility of the voice actor than the writer or anyone at UbiSoft.
Vaas was my favorite part of the game. I loved his monologue in the burning mansion. The voice actor and motion capture just was so so good

Salsa

He buried himself. He was warned, he knew what he was doing. He needs no defense.

it's not a defense, dude brags and then there's 100 posts of

"WOW!"

"oh wow what an asshole I hope he gets run over!"

and thus derailing like 3 pages

page 4: who is javadots why should I care?

-repeat-

who's the one being silly?

meh game was just ok most shittiest villains ever

I didn't mind the villains as much as I did how the main character interacted with them. The ambition of the game's writers was far greater than their skill, which sucks, because otherwise it's a very enjoyable game to play.

antitrop

I tried last time and got nothing. I'm not a lurker by any means and never won from modbot before. Weird.

Anyway, I was mostly just curious. I have yet to find a roguelike I enjoy and figured most people who like them already have it.
Rogue Legacy is the only Rogue-like I've ever played for more than an hour before giving up out of frustration and boredom.

This is my first Steam Summer sale. Fun times.

Bought: Endless Space (Gold edition) and Bastion
Keeping an eye on: Borderlands GotY, To the Moon, Winter Voices, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mirror's Edge.

Also, I submitted an order for Metro: Last Light at Best Buy for one penny. Order is still processing about an hour later. I'll update when something happens. Most likely not gonna get it, but there is still some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom