• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPJZKC

I can't speak for the rest of the DLC, but holy god, Assault on Dragon keep is so worth it. Better than the rest of the game, and honestly I think it's a necessary epilogue for it. Basically the ending scene that should have been in the base game :p

smr00

Banned
So what does GAF think about the Commandos series? Right now you can get Commandos 1, 2, 3 and Beyond the Call of Duty for $3.24.

Romir

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bard's Tale -- MB-9CDB974073B6E071 - Taken by KPJZKC
Torchlight -- MB-CA270408D29376FC - Taken by DukeBobby

javadots

Banned
as for selling them off, yeah—it would be nice if we all had good intentions, but imo once you give something to someone as a gift, they can do whatever they want with it. if you're not comfortable with that (or the possibility of someone selling it off/whatever) then don't participate (both givers/takers)

I secretly think some of these GAFers are around 14 or so. Sure you could try explaining that to them, but they'll turn a deaf ear.

Right now the five game I want (Gunpoint, Warband, Napoleonic Wars, Incredipede, Garry's Mod) add up to $32.96

If I get Bastion, I'll have $29.78 left.

Is it 100% likely that some or all of those games will be discounted even more?

graywolf323

just got a cancellation email for one of my remaining orders with Best Buy

oddly it was order #8 so that leaves 2-7 still processing

Salsa

Right now the five game I want (Gunpoint, Warband, Napoleonic Wars, Incredipede, Garry's Mod) add up to $32.96

yeah dude

what is it with this anxiety, chill out

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

I secretly think some of these GAFers are around 14 or so. Sure you could try explaining that to them, but they'll turn a deaf ear.
No, we're adults with jobs, who like to use that money to give back to the community. That generosity gets ruined by mooching children like you.

Tecl0n

Easy, don't get napoleonic wars.

Salsa

Antichamber is good right? Had my eye on it since it came out but aside from knowing its a mindfuck, I have no idea what it is

im like the only person in the planet who paid full price, played through all of it, and didnt like it that much

but yeah, it's good and to some people's eyes its fucking amazing

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What's the odds that The Walking Dead DLC gets discounted?

I know it's only 5 bucks but I'd feel pretty dumb if I bought it and it ended up getting a discount. Guess I can always just wait until after the sale is over to purchase. It's not like I have a shortage of games to play or anything. I just kinda get blinded by steam hype and want to buy everything at summer and xmas sale times.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I was kind of starting to get into Shira the Wanderer on DS a few years ago, but then got frustrated and gave up. That was the most I enjoyed a Rogue-like until this week.

I didn't really mean that game in particular, just seems like the past couple pages there's been a lot of negativity about games coming from you! Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Rogue Legacy, and there may have been more but those are off the top of my head.

Cynar

God damn I'm getting spammed by TotalBiscuit fans since he retweeted me calling him a pussy.

Eh, I wouldn't call him a pussy. An idiot who loves to have his consumer rights trampled though... that is definitely what I would call him (and have).

What's the odds that The Walking Dead DLC gets discounted?

I know it's only 5 bucks but I'd feel pretty dumb if I bought it and it ended up getting a discount. Guess I can always just wait until after the sale is over to purchase. It's not like I have a shortage of games to play or anything. I just kinda get blinded by steam hype and want to buy everything at summer and xmas sale times.

I think there's a possibility. Doesn't hurt to wait until the 22nd. Wait for the dailies/flash sales etc.

Labrys

Everyone, all you have to do is add:
BLOCK javadots
or
BLACKLIST
to the PM and they can't get it. I think it's a bit more effective, and it doesn't give them attention.

zychi

Banned
So ModBot updates who won the key right? I won a key a few pages back and can't find who gave it away. So thanks to whoever gave away the 3rd Penny Arcade game!

daveo42

Banned
Antichamber is good right? Had my eye on it since it came out but aside from knowing its a mindfuck, I have no idea how it actually plays

It looks awesome. Haven't played it but had my eye on it for a long time. Even watched a little bit of a play through and decided it would be a bad idea to spoil the puzzles. I'm just glad I'm finally able to get a copy of it.

jtb

Banned
How does it hurt the developer? Don't they get their money up front here? More people get to play their game now.

yeah, it was already being given away for free as a pack-in so they've been compensated for that. at worst, they lost out on potential sales (though I'm incredibly skeptical of this argument... just because you're took something for free, doesn't mean you'd be willing to pay for and therefore are not necessarily a lost costumer; the piracy argument essentially) and BB will take a small hit.

TheExodu5

Banned
I haven't beaten Antichamber, but what I played was pretty cool. I know it's amir0x's GOTY.

My only complaint is that the IQ sucks and I haven't found a way to get proper anti-aliasing working with it.

Grief.exe

Every time I make a purchase, I'm like this. Since I have such a limited budget to spend.

You should see all the questions I ask on the Toucharcade forums when I'm deciding whether to get an IOS game or not

Just be patient, deals repeat so many times you don't need to worry about it.

If its on a Flash/Daily/Community it won't get any cheaper, just buy it.

Just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom