• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorEdge

Banned
Still don't get it exactly:

Bioshock is 50% off
Borderlands 2 is 66% off.

I don't "need" any of them now, but want to play them sometime later this year probably.
So should I wait and hope for 75% sometime later or from another dealer?

Oh man, I didn't realise Tiny Tiny DLC wasn't part of the season pass.....

Now do I buy at 66% off or hold out for more?

It is included. The product description wasn't updated to include the release of the final DLC. If you look at it it says there's a saving of 33%. That wouldn't be true if there were only 3 DLC packs

Bioshock is 50% off

I don't "need" any of them now, but want to play them sometime later this year probably.

Bioshock is cheaper on Amazon with the discount code.

Dingotech

Bioshock is 50% off

Borderlands 2 is on sale at multiple sites all the time.

If you aren't going to play it now just hold off.

Talyn

anyone's Metro LL still in process?

I'm 99% sure I won't ever get it, but it just keeps teasing me knowing it hasn't been cancelled yet
Both of my orders claim to be in processing. The 1st one says it's in the process of being fulfilled. The 2nd has a "status not available" message. I don't think it's looking too good for that one.

That game was worth 90 damn dollars!
American, bought original retail at $50 from Fry's, bought PC DD for $40.
GFWL stripped out a lot of value for me. I was ready to buy it at full price during the rumor days. Full price. *weeps*

...but to be fair, they've been patching the game via GFWL quite regularly! Excellent support via From.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
im like the only person in the planet who paid full price, played through all of it, and didnt like it that much

but yeah, it's good and to some people's eyes its fucking amazing
Between that and beating Fez on your own, I think you're a genius.

I gave up on both :/

ZenaxPure

People have been waterfall-undercutting my McPixel foil.
Still hasn't sold.

Yeah it's rough, I got undercut twice but I just rolled with it since kinda regardless of the price I would still come out ahead.

Really nifty because I actually wanted to play McPixel (and what I've played so far has been a lot of fun) and I basically got paid to play it haha.

Dingotech

It is included. The product description wasn't updated to include the release of the final DLC. If you look at it it says there's a saving of 33%. That wouldn't be true if there were only 3 DLC packs

Thanks for clarifying, the fact it isn't mentioned on the season pass store page is what was throwing me off!

DrSlek

So the price of the chivalry summer sale foil card has dropped from $4.50 to $2.80 in the space of 6 hours.

What a waste.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Still got a Dark Souls and Hotline key up for grabs. There seems to have been an error on my side so if you claim the key and it does not work correctly, PM me and I will send it to you via Steam promptly

If someone here really hates me and wants to exact revenge send me a Dark Souls key..

hey Gaffers, what's your opinion about Super House of Dead Ninjas? looks super oldschool/fun!

reviews?
I love it, one of my favorite indie games from this year.

It's super well made and controls well and has lots of rogue-like qualities to add massive replayability.

The last thing I'd be spending my money on during a Steam summer SALE is trading cards. Pffft. :p Though, I guess if that's what people wanna do then fine by me cause I'm selling my cards to get some wallet funds for new deals.

The games are where it's at.

xJavonta

Banned
Is there some joke I missed behind Steam being spelled Stearn?

Freaking just bought Antichamber 3 weeks ago for $10 :p
Yeah. It was in the regular steam thread.

A page that resembled a steam store page for half life 3 showed up but the URL was store.stearnpowered instead of store.steampowered

Ostinatto

don't starve $7.64 US on amazon with the code.

ilF1CAGoZVghu.gif

yes or no?

I have 19 badges, around12 if you count level ups related to games (ie, I had to craft using cards)

Haven't paid a single cent for cards, you just trade back and forth. If you get extras, trade them and hope for the best. Don't care for a game? Sell those cards to pay for another set.

Labrys

I put all my trading cards except the pretty Infinite one I got up. 60-70 cents for them.
I also had a "Secret Saxton" on TF2, put that up as well. It sold for 20 cents.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
block rockin beats

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-05AC782A62E92FA9 - Taken by Shalashaska

ZenaxPure

can anyone explain to me why anyone would pay money for these cards?

Why do people buy cosmetic dlc? It's a similar concept, people like vanity stuff for their games/profile. Trading cards are just that, you get unique emotes for steam chat, backgrounds for your steam profile page, badges to display, higher steam level, etc.

It's all for show, just like buying cosmetic dlc in any other video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom