• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just realized that between giving away Overlord copies and getting Last Light for $.01, I haven't actually bought anything today.

What's wrong with meeeee

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Came home. Bought Endless Space. Installed Endless Space. Launched Brave New World. Have been playing Brave New World for hours.

(1)%20Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Why do people buy cosmetic dlc? It's a similar concept, people like vanity stuff for their games/profile. Trading cards are just that, you get unique emotes for steam chat, backgrounds for your steam profile page, badges to display, higher steam level, etc.

It's all for show, just like buying cosmetic dlc in any other video game.

I guess it's true what they say about fools and money

Salsa

k that's the old version dont post it cause the shadows are all screwed up also let me know if any of you get a seizure

in1DCZLJ700Gp.gif

javadots

Banned
Why do people buy cosmetic dlc? It's a similar concept, people like vanity stuff for their games/profile. Trading cards are just that, you get unique emotes for steam chat, backgrounds for your steam profile page, badges to display, higher steam level, etc.

It's all for show, just like buying cosmetic dlc in any other video game.

Because they aren't very smart. Poster boys and girls of Valve.

Don't cross Gunpoint off your list. It's only a few hours long, but It's a fantastic little stealth based puzzle game.
Gunpoint is my most wanted game. I played the demo for almost three hours. Trying to ghost each level and just messing around with the Crosslink. It's like an awesome retro mix of Mark of the Ninja, Watchdog's hacking, and witty humor. I just hope the dev adds any easier to play user levels

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
What amazes me is that this thread barely slows down even when the same sales have been up for nearly 12 hours.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Gunpoint is my most wanted game. I played the demo for almost three hours. Trying to ghost each level and just messing around with the Crosslink. It's like an awesome retro mix of Mark of the Ninja, Watchdog's hacking, and witty humor. I just hope the dev adds any easier to play user levels

I want Gunpoint badly.

It's well worth the price but I just wish there were more levels to play, even if they weren't tied to the story.

ZenaxPure

I guess it's true what they say about fools and money

To me it's not really much different than buying expensive clothes at a store. It makes you feel pretty and special so you buy it. That concept has just spilled over onto the internet and video games now.

I am not really into the card system myself but it's a fucking brilliant system because regardless of how you feel about it you can get something out of it. I've made over $20 just selling cards for the games I own. It's great.

Thanks for the gift alr1ght, here's something I've had in my inventory for a while just sitting there.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 -- MB-A882DCAD78712E88 - Taken by ElectricBlue187

Edit: I'm strongly considering Defiance. I have no one to play it with though :(

i'll play it with you!

if I get it, I swore to my wife I wouldnt buy anything this week cause she's having minor cardiac surgery and she's worried about the medical bill...

lol, pay for my wifes surgery or revel in the Steam Summer Sale

To the two bros waiting for Metro (which I just subconsciously typed as Metroid) codes; I gotta go to sleep for work, if they aren't cancelled, I will deliver them tomorrow.

BorntoPlay

We're sorry, but the order you placed on July 11, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information.... FUCK...=(

Card Boy

Banned
Whats the point of Dungeons of Dredmor: You Have To Name The Expansion Pack? What it do besides naming the expansion pack? Also what expansion pack?

I was thinking of calling it Dungeons of Dredmor: Prepare to Die Edition

Question about Rainbow Six 3:
So I found this gameplay video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4AUq9oE9rg

So there's something called tactics mode? The guy who made the video said this in the comments:
"actually, it's a FPS game, but if you play the tactics mode (let AI execute your plan), you can change it to the third person."

So does this mean I can do the planning phase and let the AI do everything and not play it like an FPS?

oipic

After 2.5 hours (?), my Last Light order was just cancelled. Sad face. Non-US credit card details, I guess.

Well done to all you guys who managed to snare a copy (or two)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom