• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I made this one:
U9u9pdD.gif

I like "Ugly Bastards".
I like you too.

The new Civ DLC already went on sale, though.

KarmaCow

Alright Antichamber is pretty awesome.

I'm assuming I'm still fairly early on but it's already a great puzzle game. Definitely worth the $6.70.

It does make me painfully aware of how dirty my monitor is though. :(

Just played the beginning of The Last Remnant and so far it's pretty darn good. The graphics look very good for an old game (I think it's 4 years old), the MC isn't so bad so far, good VA so far, and the battle system I'm not sure about. I've only been in a couple of battle's but so far they seem to play out by themselves. I was in one battle against 4 enemies and I only told the team to attack 2 of them, and next thing I know they killed them all. It was like they just kept attacking themselves until they were all dead or something. It's probably because it's still a little into the beginning so I'm not judging the battle system yet.

So as far as I am, and what I'm playing. This game is DEFINITELY worth $3.

Also this.
The games I got so far:
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition
Bastion
The Last Remnant

Dingotech

Got an e-mail from Best Buy RE my order!!!!!

"Action required, billing problem encountered, please call us on..."

How the heck can I call them, I'm in Australia and I'm not spending a billion dollars on a phone call. Guess my order is a lost cause...

Damages so far:
CS: GO
Hotline Miami

Future Potential Damages:
Strike Suit Zero/Infinity Bundle
Crusader Kings II
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Last Remnant
Ultratron
Scribblenauts
Borderlands 2
Don't Starve

How am I doing so far? Any recommendations?

BorntoPlay

i want this POP...=(

Awesome, I'll pass this along to him and see if he'll bite.

So crushed about Metro, put an order in when it first popped up online and it just sat on processing. #1 on my wishlist too, stupid Best Buy!

To lose the taste of pricing error defeat, here's some games:

Prince of Persia is The Forgotten Sands, had to abbreviate it because I know ModBot likes his keys or URLS on the same line as the game name. Enjoy!

Smash88

Banned
Does anyone know if Dishonored will get discounted even though it lost in the community vote?

Suck it Salsa! - I already own Dishonored.

So today has been crazy... first time for me participating in one of these... and on the same day my brand new iMac 27" arrived.

Ended the day with:

CounterStrike: Complete
Borderlands 2 w/ Season Pass
Bastion
Hotline Miami w/ Soundtrack
Left 4 Dead 2

Un related to the sale I also got Team Fortress 2.

Don't see myself getting any other big name games unless they are available on Mac OS X. Speaking of which I'm holding out for Civ 5 Gold Edition to drop some more and grab that. I think the rest will be whatever indie darlings available on Mac.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Lacks seizure-inducing speeds.

It's because all the frames are set to display for 0 seconds, which means they just display at the default speed.

Here it is proper.

http://i.imgur.com/quKprG5.gif[img]

And bonus!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AyPl0pt.gif[/mg]

Edit: flashy images above, sorry about that. Didn't know it was an issue for some gaffers.

Labrys

Why does it look like the dump I took last night?

Those shadows are hideugly. Yeah, hideugly: hideous and ugly.

If your poop is black and white with hideugly shadows, I would consider contacting a doctor. You may be terminal.
Also, I didn't see the shadows until after the gif was made. The maker I have doesn't like transparency :/

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Buys:
Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome
Dark Souls™: Prepare To Die™ Edition
Gemini Rue
Super Hexagon
Home
Wizorb
Toki Tori
SiN Episodes: Emergence
Postal 2 Complete
Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle
The Cave
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami
The Last Remnant™

Gifts
Dear Esther (Thanks, Modbot. ^_^)
Tomb Raider 1 (Thanks statham. ^_^)

Pretty productive first day. ^_^

Question about Rainbow Six 3:
So I found this gameplay video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4AUq9oE9rg

So there's something called tactics mode? The guy who made the video said this in the comments:
"actually, it's a FPS game, but if you play the tactics mode (let AI execute your plan), you can change it to the third person."

So does this mean I can do the planning phase and let the AI do everything and not play it like an FPS?

OH man, that brings back memories of when Rainbow Six was a good game franchise.
But yes, I do remember playing that mode before.

Blablurn

I'm actually going for badges. Of course I could just sell cards but I hve enough games right now. So what I'm doing is just selling cards where I don't wanna have the badge. And that momey I will directly re use to complete i batch i want. So I'm actually not just spending any money.

Omega

Banned
It's because all the frames are set to display for 0 seconds, which means they just display at the default speed.

Here it is proper.

http://i.imgur.com/quKprG5.gif[img]

And bonus!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AyPl0pt.gif[img][/QUOTE]

these things are annoying =/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Game #3 - In honor of those who didn't get into the 1 cent Metro deal :( , here is arguably the 2nd best deal of the today

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FD73D1BDD66D1A65 - Taken by TheExodu5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom