• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Wow this thread exploded. I didn't even know the Steam Sale got people this crazy. Or are there giveaways going on in this thread?

Grief.exe

Wow this thread exploded. I didn't even know the Steam Sale got people this crazy. Or are there giveaways going on in this thread?

Don't ask, just move along. Nothing to see here.

g3VTEyW.png

neoism

Played Demon Souls a bit, but wasn't into it because of the art and graphics not looking very...nice, at all.

Should get Dark Souls?

yes get it I HATED Demon Souls but loved DS same with the art design in Demon souls hated it, its night and day better in DS

Mordeccai

Is there any way to play a game on Steam and download games in the background? Because its pretty annoying not being able to do anything but just sit there and watch bars grow.

Sykotik

Is there any way to play a game on Steam and download games in the background? Because its pretty annoying not being able to do anything but just sit there and watch bars grow.

Start the game, alt-tab and un-pause the download.

Unreliable, but it does work.

Damages so far:
CS: GO
Hotline Miami

Future Potential Damages:
Strike Suit Zero/Infinity Bundle
Crusader Kings II
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Last Remnant
Ultratron
Scribblenauts
Borderlands 2
Don't Starve

How am I doing so far? Any recommendations?

Get BL2, DS, Scribble, and TLR while they are on sale/discount.

Mordeccai

Start the game, alt-tab and un-pause the download.

Unreliable, but it does work.

Start Download, Start Game

Alt-Tab + Resume Download

Continue Playing

Start the game, alt-tab, pause the suspended download and resume it again.

You guys are peaches. Thanks, although I feel kinda stupid for not trying that myself first >.>

Holy shit Bioshock Infinite is huge. 15 gb install o_O is the DLC for this game worth it?

Snagged Endless Space Gold. Probably the only "big" purchase of the sale for me. Thought about Dark Souls, but it would be a double-dip as I already have it on 360 (even if my Gold sub is out and I can't get online), and I think I want to wait until I have a better computer to play it anyway. It'll always "be there" at the next sale, and money is tight.

Skyrim is another one I want, but it's the same case as Dark Souls where I have a 360 copy. I can wait until the Legendary Edition is cheaper that it'll probably get this sale. Never bought the DLC for Skyrim nor Dark Souls on 360, so the PC versions will be nice to get eventually.

In the immortal words of Mr. Ryan Davis, you are history's greatest monster....

<3

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236370/ -- MB-F3183BF3A38932E5 - Taken by Mordeccai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom