• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Thank you. Bugs me that I keep getting bastardized for not liking the first one. I'll try it since it is so cheap.

Yeah DS is a muuuuch better game. Not really sure but I do think it was another art designer... but I remember the loading screens in Demon Souls and just hated the art design. I'm soo glad the sequel is Dark Souls 2..
tip: Souls doesn't matter at all you can level with them but you can also beat the game at level 1 if your a boss :p I'm not just beat the 2nd boss at level 55 :p I also really enjoy watching speed-runs with the game.... A really great game with an insane atmosphere and a great soundtrack.. just take it slow and don't worry about dying ..:p or loosing a lot of souls... have fun. Remember to use this the only mod you need

x3uhzvy.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37010/

Though steam should have asked MS for some servers, haven't come through buying it yet.

could any fellow euro-gaffer help me getting this? it's 9,49€ here

Ezra2680

People that won Super Hexagon and 30 Half Minute Hero, let me know if you have any trouble redeeming. See the games in my inventory still, so just wanting to double check.

MikeDown

Banned
Lets see if I did this correctly...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rock of Ages -- MB-065AB86CD2306BAC - Taken by antitrop

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know you joined a little bit before this, but don't take impressions from this thread.

Steam Sale thread is literally the underbelly of GAF.

Nah, you guys are cool! I've won a few games from fellow GAF users, had a few gifted to me directly, and have distributed about 10 of my extra keys using ModBot.

Just having a hard time keeping up sometimes, that's all.

Booshka

For those of you that didn't like Demon's but liked Dark Souls, did you play World 3 in Demon's? It's probably the most atmospheric and well designed level in all of Souls. I played Dark Souls first, then went to Demon's and loved the atmosphere and tone of Demon's Souls. The gameplay was plenty excellent as well, just missing a few mechanics that Dark added, but overall great and the weapons were a bit more unique with movesets and styles.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Best Buy sold digital copies for 1 cent on accident, some of us actually got keys that work.

I've been wondering why I keep seeing "on accident" all over the place...

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/accident-versus-accident

Some of the most difficult questions I get are from non-native English speakers who want to know why we use a particular preposition in a specific phrase. Why do we say I'm in bed instead of I'm on bed? Do people suffer from a disease or suffer with a disease? Are we in a restaurant or at a restaurant? I’m a native English speaker, so my first thought is usually something like, “I don't know why; in bed just sounds right,” and sometimes either option seems correct.

Here's a question that a few people have asked:

Hi Grammar Girl. This is Tom Kennedy from Pleasanton, CA. What is the deal with the term on accident? I've always used by accident, but I've noticed a lot of pretty smart people . . . I've noticed them using on accident. So, am I wrong?

Sometimes when I get questions like this I can find an answer, and sometimes I can't. In this case, I hit pay dirt! I was lucky enough to find an entire research paper on the topic, published by Leslie Barratt, a professor of Linguistics at Indiana State University (1).

Language Changes Over Time

According to Barratt's study, use of the two different versions appears to be distributed by age. Whereas on accident is common in people under 35, almost no one over 40 says on accident. Most older people say by accident. It's really amazing: the study says that “on is more prevalent under age 10, both on and by are common between the ages of 10 and 35, and by is overwhelmingly preferred by those over 35.” I definitely prefer by accident.

[[AdMiddle]An interesting conclusion from the paper is that although there are some hypotheses, nobody really knows why younger people all over the U.S. started saying on accident instead of by accident. For example, there's the idea that on accident is parallel to on purpose, but nobody has proven that children all across the country started speaking differently from their parents because they were seeking parallelism. Although I have no proof, I suspect that it must have something to do with nationwide media since it is such a widespread age-related phenomenon. Barney & Friends started airing about 30 years ago, so maybe it's Barney's fault! But really, all we can say is that it's just one of those language things that happens sometimes.

Finally, although there is at least one source stating that on accident is an error (2), and Shelly from Texas asked me to do what I can to ban on accident, Barratt found that there is no widespread stigma associated with saying on accident. In addition, it seems to me that as those kids who say on accident grow up (some of whom are even unaware that by accident is an option, let alone the preferred phrase of grown-ups) on accident will become the main, accepted phrase. By that time, there won't be enough of us who say by accident left to correct them!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Whoa the guy who made Enhanced Steam is a gaffer?

He signed up and immediately started giving out codes through ModBot. The Steam thread is the best thread.

Enhanced Steam is sick, by the way. It's telling me that I Am Alive is currently at the lowest price it's been on Steam, but it's still a little bit more than I want to pay. Since that price lasts until the 22nd, I'm a bit worried it might not get a further discount. That would suck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just to reiterate: If anybody else is suffering from the blank payment info bug, change the language of the store by affixing, say, ?l=finnish to the end of the cart URL. This will allow you to check out successfully, although you may want to have Google Translate handy in case a warning/error message appears.

bigace33

Great opening day to the sale for me. To the Moon $2.99, Bionic Commando 2 pack $4.99, Max Payne 2 $4.99, and Halflife $4.99. Seriously thinking about Call of Juarez Gunslinger for $10 but might hold out for it going even cheaper later in the sale.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I'm sorry -- MB-9FEB26FDB138FDD6 - Taken by JoduanER2
My first ModBot giveaway!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

I'm sorry -- MB-9FEB26FDB138FDD6
Posting for new page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom