• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

What's the consensus on Cities XL? Seems wherever I read, it's like a watered-down SimCity with better graphics, but overall reception seems lukewarm. Yay or nay?

Ferrio

Banned
I just delivered a truck load of planks from Nurnberg to Munchen. I stalled on an onramp, and almost hit several cars. I can now transport explosives too.

Thank you steam sale!

Sats

Banned
Oh good, I can buy more great stuff on Steam that I never get around to playing! For cheap, though! =D

What is this from, an outtake? I don't remember this scene from that movie. I am cracking up at this.

Yeah it's from the surprisingly good bloopers.

How is Cities XL? I was looking forward to the new Sim City but when it got all the negative press I decided to hold off? The only sim game I've plyaed and enjoyed is roller coaster tycoon 2 and the sims 1.

jtb

Banned
How is Cities XL? I was looking forward to the new Sim City but when it got all the negative press I decided to hold off? The only sim game I've plyaed and enjoyed is roller coaster tycoon 2 and the sims 1.

I wasn't impressed with it. It runs (or at least ran... haven't played it in ages) like complete shit, really poorly optimized at launch, and while you gain 3D and smooth curves... you don't get much else. I'd stick with Sim City 4 + modding the shit out of it.

also, I forget if it was XL or the update (2011 iirc?) but they were also designed like the new Sim City with MMO elements standing in for DRM, and the implementation was awful and basically made single player modes broken (basically you had to buy shit through the online MMO-verse with real money if you had a hope in hell of making a half-decent city).

I don't know if the game's changed much over the past couple years, but from my experience, I really can't recommend it to anyone.

Raxus

I laugh at everyone who bought Euro Truck Sim for the sake of cards.

I bought several games already for that exact purpose. God help me.

What's the consensus on Cities XL? Seems wherever I read, it's like a watered-down SimCity with better graphics, but overall reception seems lukewarm. Yay or nay?
It's a competent city builder. I don't really know how to compare it to anything. I avoided the new SimCity and everything else is too old. It's worth $5, maybe $7.50 if you're itching for that genre.

theman5141

Neo Member
Okay, my little giveaway is probably way too hard for such a small prize, so here are all the regions in Australia - NSW. Pick one, you don't even have to understand the riddle.

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

1/9 chance of guessing it correctly. GO!!!

Orana?

Salsa

Okay, my little giveaway is probably way too hard for such a small prize, so here are all the regions in Australia - NSW. Pick one, you don't even have to understand the riddle.

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

koalas

I just delivered a truck load of planks from Nurnberg to Munchen. I stalled on an onramp, and almost hit several cars. I can now transport explosives too.

Thank you steam sale!

I got a satisfactory rating for killing what is likely only 8 or 9 people after jack knifing through an intersection in an attempt to cut some corners like a boss.

I consider this a success.

Best 10 dollars spent in a while. Thanks GAF.

3phemeral

It's a competent city builder. I don't really know how to compare it to anything. I avoided the new SimCity and everything else is too old. It's worth $5, maybe $7.50 if you're itching for that genre.

Hmm... Thanks! I may wait on it then. I just got through playing CivV from the previous Amazon sale, so if it's anything like that, I'd bite. But I might wait until it drops and if it doesn't, I'll probably just pass.

Amagon

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

North Coast

I'm kind of broke at the moment, so t's only going to be a small giveaway at this time, but I just bought a copy of Hotline Miami to give away (don't own it, but everyone raves about it).

So instead of doing the ModBot thing I thought I would do a little picture riddle.

Blue+Tongue+Lizard.jpg

emirates3_440x330.jpg

Name the REGION of Australia that I live in.

First person to quote me with the correct Answer wins Hotline Miami. Goodluck. ;)

Victoria?

qazqaNii

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

south coast

Deadbeat

Banned
You guys are all idiots, its the part of the country with spiders that catch and eat birds.

this is a joke as Australia is covered in spiders

Cth

I'm afraid to get Euro Trucking for fear of my daughter seeing it and then I gotta explain to a 6 year old how to drive a truck.

scottzorus

Neo Member
So I'm playing these games getting cards now. It's like 30 cents a card for the Half Life 2 ones, yet I just got all four of them and am reinstalling every game I own that has cards.
Why does Gaben do this

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

Central coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom