• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my little giveaway is probably way too hard for such a small prize, so here are all the regions in Australia - NSW. Pick one, you don't even have to understand the riddle.

North Coast

South Coast

Central Coast

Northern Tablelands

Southern Tablelands

Snowy Mountains

North-West Slopes

South-West Slopes

Orana

1/9 chance of guessing it correctly. GO!!!

Central Coast

Forkball

Wow, good stuff. 10 daily deals, four flash sales, and a community's choice. The discounts are great too outside of Don't Starve. The meta game is pretty disappointing, though I suppose they want to push this card stuff hard.

Dipper145

LOL. My riddle idea was either crap, or detective/riddle GAF is slipping ;)

My friends boyfriend lives in queensland I'm pretty sure, and theres some team called the gold coast blue tongues, so I'm going to guess near there..|

Gold coast wasn't an option so I didn't pick anything

Cth

Sutton Dagger -- It's Australian for Brain Teaser!

18040-a-bottle-of-fosters-beer-stands-near-a-freshly-poured-glass-.jpg

So I'm guessing it's not a smart move to start off Dark Souls using a thief. I want to pick a class that will make the game a little bit easier for me, while I love being a thief in any game I don't want to get far in this and get stuck.

So what does people suggest for the best starter class? I've been reading online and it seems the Knight and Pyromancer is the best starter classes so far, but I want to be sure.

I think Valve doesn't do the meta game anymore because so many people cheated trying to get all the achievements, which sucks.

Admittedly, I probably cheated a few times myself but for the most part I hunted and earned most of my cheevos.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Counter Strike Source -- MB-2814BD4EA408175E - Taken by The Wizard
The Ship -- MB-A11F01E7BFD90F85
Half-Life 2 -- MB-4DC56EB16BBC09E2 - Taken by ameridion
The Binding of Isaac -- MB-79622A2745F42248 - Taken by Discoid
hai yall, enjoy

antitrop

So I just hit level 100 in Rogue Legacy and I haven't even killed the third boss, yet. Someone before told me the average to finish the game is like... 40...

So I'm guessing it's not a smart move to start off Dark Souls using a thief. I want to pick a class that will make the game a little bit easier for me, while I love being a thief in any game I don't want to get far in this and get stuck.

So what does people suggest for the best starter class? I've been reading online and it seems the Knight and Pyromancer is the best starter classes so far, but I want to be sure.

Pyromancer and the key option will get you started. In general? Magic makes the game much easier than melee

Forkball

Oh snap, I just noticed a bunch of new games got cards. Time to idle. I bet the new cards go for a lot since crafting badges gets you the summer cards.

I'd honestly recommend you going with thief if that's what you want to do. The classes mean very little if you're not min maxing. If you're going to get stuck anywhere because of class choice, it'll be at the beginning, and if anything picking a harder class will force you to learn the game better.

If you're just playing "casually" and not raising stats based on a structured build it won't matter what class you pick.

The easiest classes are probably Pyromancer or Mage though, since they both get magic right away. But like I said it hardly means anything since you can get magic on any character within a couple hours iirc.
Edit: Also, I recommend against getting the skeleton key as the gift. But its up to you.

I think Valve doesn't do the meta game anymore because so many people cheated trying to get all the achievements, which sucks.

Admittedly, I probably cheated a few times myself but for the most part I hunted and earned most of my cheevos.
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. If people cared enough to cheat Valve was doing something right.

Got 6 games and spent less than $5. I'd say its going pretty good. ;)
Bad Rats x6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom