• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just hit level 100 in Rogue Legacy and I haven't even killed the third boss, yet. Someone before told me the average to finish the game is like... 40...

I dont believe that average at all. Maybe if I replayed it again knowing what I know, but not blind though like I did my first time.

antitrop

I'm almost 90 and haven't killed the 2nd boss

k3csVqk.gif

Wonderful, I was worried.

I really need to stop having the fast fingers on trying to win these giveaways. I keep entering for some and forget to read the rules first. I'm just glad Modbot auto blocks me from getting it because I always hot finger the giveaways in hopes of getting them. I already won 1 so I probably won't do another one for a long time, I don't want to be greedy.

Pyromancer and the key option will get you started. In general? Magic makes the game much easier than melee

I'd honestly recommend you going with thief if that's what you want to do. The classes mean very little if you're not min maxing. If you're going to get stuck anywhere because of class choice, it'll be at the beginning, and if anything picking a harder class will force you to learn the game better.

If you're just playing "casually" and not raising stats based on a structured build it won't matter what class you pick.

The easiest classes are probably Pyromancer or Mage though, since they both get magic right away. But like I said it hardly means anything since you can get magic on any character within a couple hours iirc.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'll go thief then since it only matters at the beginning of the game. Even though magic seems like the super safe way to play the game, I guess I'll give my self some challenge with using a thief.

I did! Also, now that the thread seems to have slowed down.. How's everyone's sale going thus far?

Haven't bought anything from Steam yet. Waiting for that Dishonorned Flash or Community sale.

Hopeing for a Remember Me sale or a very good sale that I cannot pass up.

If you are level 100+ the bosses should pose no threat at all.

You probably still assume that one class in particular that seems to suck would also suck against bosses. It doesn't.

Salsa

I keed, im at 80 or something after 3rd boss

I just dicked around with some of the classes and went with trial and error before figuring things out. System's pretty clever in making a game that is mechnically hard but doesnt really punish you for playing badly.

You all have better voted KOTOR II
I did. Never played a KOTOR game. I heard it's very MMO-ish, in terms of combat and quest design, at least in the first KOTOR.

I can't stand that kind of combat (peck away at enemy health), would I still enjoy the game. I loved Mass Effect and the Star Wars universe is intriguing

Ezra2680

Time for bed, before I waste more money buying games for people when they aren't the daily deal yet...

Edit: Guess "waste" isn't the best term. Maybe spend is better

Fracas

#fuckonami
Enjoy, fellas!

Is Modbot down? I PMed, but there was no response. If Half Life 2 is even still available, that is.

edit: oh wait, I didn't see the requirement of previously giving something through modbot. I gave away 2 copies of Overlord earlier if that means anything :p

jtb

Banned
what type of game is Euro Truck Simulator anyways? driving? or is it more in the vein of something like Railroad Tycoon? or is it a different beast entirely?

what type of game is Euro Truck Simulator anyways? driving? or is it more in the vein of something like Railroad Tycoon? or is it a different beast entirely?

Think flight simulator X or boat simulator, but instead of flying or sailing you're driving trucks through europe.

Thieve

Neo Member
Is Modbot down? I PMed, but there was no response. If Half Life 2 is even still available, that is.

edit: oh wait, I didn't see the requirement of previously giving something through modbot. I gave away 2 copies of Overlord earlier if that means anything lol

He's either swamped with pm's or someone else won it.

kewlmyc

I got your back.

Also, since no one has claimed it yet.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum -- MB-098B024672D45A53

Literally seconds between our answers, congrats pock3tmonster! :)

Thanks man. Sutton Dagger is the generous sort. Looks like you've been taken care of too. ;)

It's ok, being upside down all the time, all that blood rushing to your head, probably made it hard to think.

:p

True, true! The toilets flush in the opposite direction here too. ;) Never forget. Blood-induced headaches and counter-clockwise plumbing makes for a special kind of nation.

I did! Also, now that the thread seems to have slowed down.. How's everyone's sale going thus far?
Got Bastion. OST is great, struggling with the controls. I'm only a two finger typer so having to move with WASD, evade with space, defend with shift, all with one hand is kind of awkward. But I finally see the benefits of a mouse over analog. It's so much faster and accurate aiming ranged weapons compared to when I tried the XBLA demo.

Waiting for Gunpoint, Warband, GMod, Incredipede, and maybe Rainbow Six 3 Gold to get discounted further

Some amazing games are selling really well on Steam now

mMb8tDu.jpg

I need to remember to pick up that Duke Nukem guide before the end of the sale.

DaBoss

edit: oh wait, I didn't see the requirement of previously giving something through modbot. I gave away 2 copies of Overlord earlier if that means anything :p
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So I bought Euro truck simulator 2... What have I done:( I don't even know how to drive in real life. I hope this goes well.

Grief.exe

That deal isn't very good, only reason I didn't vote for that one

I did. Never played a KOTOR game. I heard it's very MMO-ish, in terms of combat and quest design, at least in the first KOTOR.

I can't stand that kind of combat (peck away at enemy health), would I still enjoy the game. I loved Mass Effect and the Star Wars universe is intriguing

Whoever told you that seems like they have no idea what they are talking about.

KOTOR is turn based.
The quests aren't MMO-ish to any degree.
Great story, fun combat, fun customization, good dialogue system.

Grief.exe

Got Bastion. OST is great, struggling with the controls. I'm only a two finger typer so having to move with WASD, evade with space, defend with shift, all with one hand is kind of awkward. But I finally see the benefits of a mouse over analog. It's so much faster and accurate aiming ranged weapons compared to when I tried the XBLA demo.

Waiting for Gunpoint, Warband, GMod, Incredipede, and maybe Rainbow Six 3 Gold to get discounted further

You probably don't have one yet, but you could use a controller.

Sats

Banned
When you buy a game, and then by a collection of all the DLC, does the DLC collection show up as a separate download in your Library, or is it included in the download of the base game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom