• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you are trying to win a game modbot won't PM you back if you were too slow.

He's either swamped with pm's or someone else won it.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two

I thought it was still available, as I didn't see it edited out by modbot. Oh well, it's all good; I grabbed a copy from an older post.
There are other HL2 giveaways. Try this one.
Thanks for the tip! And thanks to the anonymous donor!

Booshka

I really need to stop having the fast fingers on trying to win these giveaways. I keep entering for some and forget to read the rules first. I'm just glad Modbot auto blocks me from getting it because I always hot finger the giveaways in hopes of getting them. I already won 1 so I probably won't do another one for a long time, I don't want to be greedy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I guess I'll go thief then since it only matters at the beginning of the game. Even though magic seems like the super safe way to play the game, I guess I'll give my self some challenge with using a thief.

Also, if you are having a tough time with the Thief starter class and getting frustrated, don't be afraid to restart as another character. Even if you have put hours into the Thief character, when you restart you will breeze through the parts you struggled with and be back where you were in no time.

I personally suggest, Warrior or Wanderer for a starter class for melee that isn't heavy weapons focused, but Thief is a fun challenge.

That deal isn't very good, only reason I didn't vote for that one

Whoever told you that seems like they have no idea what they are talking about.

KOTOR is turn based.
The quests aren't MMO-ish to any degree.
Great story, fun combat, fun customization, good dialogue system.
Actually I read it in a few reviews for the iPad version.

neat trick valve - gamifying sales to compete with amazon and gmg. i only wanted la mulana, possibly when it's $5 or even at its current price but now i want to hit $10 to get the card, possibly to sell it back too.

Caerith

I thought it was still available, as I didn't see it edited out by modbot. Oh well, it's all good; I grabbed a copy from an older post.

Thanks for the tip! And thanks to the anonymous donor!
This thread moves so fast that there are plenty of older giveaways that nobody grabbed. Most are for things like HL2 or Nightsky or whatever where everybody already has them and/or the giver makes silly requirements like "must be a giver but no winners" which rules out pretty much everybody.

jtb

Banned
hmm... to buy DS3 or to just personally mail Chris Avellone $5. decisions, decisions.

Actually I read it in a few reviews for the iPad version.

just buy it when it goes on sale. It's one of the most accessible WRPGs around (that's still actually an RPG) and still holds up really well.

and play them in order.

You probably don't have one yet, but you could use a controller.
I have my Dualshock as a gamepad through some trick with drivers a fellow GAFfer told me in my Finally Joined Steam thread

I kind of want to keep playing with KB/M cause I like using the mouse for this game.

---
So in two days, I'll be able to buy and sell cards. How does that work? I have ten right now.
(Should I post a picture of what I have, get an estimate?)

Muscle Diggle must rank as one of the best badges. Look at him...

4e01cc2737353e6ced5aa8db1d9f5f835d6286ed.png

...HE FUCK YOU UP BIG STYLE.

sprinkles

Quick check before work and I bought my first item of the Summer Sale: the Bastion Soundtrack, cannot wait to listen to this during my commute.

Yondy604

Banned
Random comment.

But is it just me or has NO company every tried to make a Dragon class in a MMO?.

I wanna play as a humanish dragon

Prestige probably. Much like the TF2 hats.

it just baffles me that people think undercutting the current price will get them a sale. They're just killing their own profit.

People are incompetent, sold a card earlier for 2 dollars and a minute later some joker came in and put his up for 40 cents and sent the value to hell. Awful.

antitrop

I have my Dualshock as a gamepad through some trick with drivers a fellow GAFfer told me in my Finally Joined Steam thread

I kind of want to keep playing with KB/M cause I like using the mouse for this game.

---
So in two days, I'll be able to buy and sell cards. How does that work? I have ten right now.
(Should I post a picture of what I have, get an estimate?)
You'll be able to see a graph of the average price of the card and set your own price, and see what the buyer will pay with the fee. It's all very self-explanatory and simple.

Amzin

Since thread has calmed down about, going to finally give away these keys I've been saving. Givers only first, if they remain unclaimed when I wake up I'll try and redo it open to more people. Some of them suck I hear, but shrug :p

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Morrowind GOTY Edition -- MB-0594D232A070D0AD - Taken by jtb
Fallout 3 GOTY -- MB-B33B71448E7781EF - Taken by The Grim Heaper
Oblivion GOTY Edition -- MB-8536CDFC63496470 - Taken by Cth
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate -- MB-CD90A067AC9A928B - Taken by Sajjaja
Hunted The Demons Forge -- MB-61D2CE8E92B96707 - Taken by Leon Belmont
Brink Complete Pack -- MB-2958EFF9A90BCCC0 - Taken by Wake
Rogue Warrior -- MB-09AC1D636AEE8D8D - Taken by ricochetguro

Noogy

So disappointed Dishonored didn't win earlier. I voted for KOTOR II for those who wanted that.

Yeah, seriously bummed Dishonored didn't win the vote. Hopefully it'll pop back up during the week.

Phew, day 1 over, only spent around $50 so far. Pacing myself.

Lingitiz

Everyone vote KOTOR 2. I'm replaying it with the restored content mod for the first time in years and I've put 17 hours in since Monday. Awesome game that does really interesting things with the universe.

Salsa

im tempted to grab rogue warrior just so I can rocknrollin' slay throats of commie fucks with mickey rourke but I dont wanna miss on something that's actually good

Got Bastion. OST is great, struggling with the controls. I'm only a two finger typer so having to move with WASD, evade with space, defend with shift, all with one hand is kind of awkward. But I finally see the benefits of a mouse over analog. It's so much faster and accurate aiming ranged weapons compared to when I tried the XBLA demo.

Waiting for Gunpoint, Warband, GMod, Incredipede, and maybe Rainbow Six 3 Gold to get discounted further

:D

I haven't played Bastion before but those seem like some awkward controls. Can you change them in options or anything? I'd usually have block on the right mouse button (unless there's something else you need that button for, like I said haven't played it before xD)

Also, if you do get Warband or GMod, look for servers with low ping (less lag). Not sure how much PC gaming you've done in the past so figured I'd mention it!

Since thread has calmed down about, going to finally give away these keys I've been saving. Givers only first, if they remain unclaimed when I wake up I'll try and redo it open to more people. Some of them suck I hear, but shrug :p

Thanks for Rogue Warrior you commie piece of shit <3

Cth

Yes, awesome giveaway Amzin! Thanks! My wife is gonna love playing! Looking forward to the mods we missed out on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom