• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. CRPGs and RTSs mostly.

nod-of-approval.gif

You still might want to give Bastion a go. The standard difficulty is pretty easy. But SuperGiantGames included a system where you can raise the difficulty by adjusting the variable in the game, i.e damage output, amount of enemies, effects, etc.

Hotline: Miami is a really interesting game. The soundtrack is a homage/interpretation of the 80s electronic scene. But it does rely on a combination of strategic planning and twitch reflexes to survive. You might not find the latter that appealing.

I dunno. It's not available in my region still.

Anyone wanna help me out?

Sure.

PaulLFC

I'm getting this too. So annoying! :(
I'm sure it's something at Steam's end rather than my card now - just tried buying some cheap DLC on GMG, using the exact same card that I tried using with Steam - and it went through fine.

I have more than enough funds for the Steam purchase to go through - I have a feeling it's something do with the verification check card companies do as extra security as the last step before the purchase is confirmed - pretty much every site does this check - Steam doesn't, however.

Seems to be either that, or Steam adding the requirement for CVV / security digits at checkout has messed something up.

Anyone still having this issue?
R1lzVNO.png
Yep, I'm getting the same issue on mobile and desktop web store. Very annoying.

Commandos 2: Men of Courage - for an older game it sounds really cool and complex. Has anyone played it?

Yes, it's only 0.99...but that's a buck extra I could be saving for something else

Almighty

You still might want to give Bastion a go. The standard difficulty is pretty easy. But SuperGiantGames included a system where you can raise the difficulty by adjusting the variable in the game, i.e damage output, amount of enemies, effects, etc.

Hotline: Miami is a really interesting game. The soundtrack is a homage/interpretation of the 80s electronic scene. But it does rely on a combination of strategic planning and twitch reflexes to survive. You might not find the latter that appealing.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will try to expand my horizons and give them a shot. If I end up not liking them no big deal was only five bucks.

Dynoro

Commandos 2: Men of Courage - for an older game it sounds really cool and complex. Has anyone played it?

Yes, it's only 0.99...but that's a buck extra I could be saving for something else

This was an excellent game when I played it; but that was on release many many years ago. It is a tough game but you get a great feeling of accomplishment when you string everything together to get through a tough level. I don't know how well it has aged though.

As long as you have the time for it 0.99 is a great price.

Dang... page 57168134

I picked up La Mulana of course, caved on Antichamber (even tho I probably can barely run it), and was gobsmacked to finally see Puzzle Quest 2 on sale. $16. Sweet.

I might watch for deals on 4 other games... but I might hold out for Vita ports or Humble Bundle, respectively, on those likely candidates. MAY pick up the Steam port of Castle Crashers finally if it's 75%. The game's sure to have a better community and longer future than my PS3 game.

Luckily I bought way too many games last year and copped enough Hunble Bundles to not have a big list of must haves or curious indie surprises. My wallet is relatively safe.

Got Civ 5 Gold + G&K last year. I should have preordered Brave New World $5 off. I swear Summer Steam is just a way to sell old Civ 5 stuff and make people want a new $30 expansion.

Caerith

I replaced MotioninJoy with this. Emulates the DS3 as a 360 controller. So far I am liking it better as I just plug in my controller and it works. No need to run anything else like MotioninJoy makes you.

Edit: I should mention that I use my DS3 via USB.

Also throwing my support behind this.

Launching Dark Souls. Hope I did everything right with DSfix and the PS3 controller driver. Wish me luck.
You might want to pick up the high rest UI and subtitles mod.
And Quelaag texture fix mod.

I was just about to buy Dark Souls when i noticed that its GFWL :(
Does it encrypt your save and lock it to your account?

I went through nightmares losing my Batman saves, no way am i trusting something as long as DS to GFWL.

No, and DSFix regularly backs up your save (and it's rather easy to restore if something happens). Dark Souls has probably the least-intrusive GFWL in all history.

Dang... page 57168134

I picked up La Mulana of course, caved on Antichamber (even tho I probably can barely run it), and was gobsmacked to finally see Puzzle Quest 2 on sale. $16. Sweet.

I might watch for deals on 4 other games... but I might hold out for Vita ports or Humble Bundle, respectively, on those likely candidates. MAY pick up the Steam port of Castle Crashers finally if it's 75%. The game's sure to have a better community and linger future than my PS3 game.

Luckily I bought way too many games last year and copped enough Hunble Bundles to not have a big list of must haves or curious indie surprises. My wallet is relatively safe.

Got Civ 5 Gold + G&K last year. I should have preordered Brave New World $5 off. I swear Summer Steam is just a way to sell old Civ 5 stuff and make people want a new $30 expansion.

La Mulana is worth it for the soundtrack alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rfhi6I84hM&list=PL68C99805ED58C684

Flash Sales:
Duke Nukem 3D $3.39
Little Inferno $2.49
Football Manager 2013 $9.99
Civ V $7.49

Community Choice:
GTAIV (75%)
Portal 2 (75%)
Mirror's Edge (70%)

Flash deals are up but I don't think they have taken effect.

Civ V, Football Manager 2013, Duke Nukem 3D and Little Inferno on the current Flash Deals.

EDIT: Now it has taken effect.

3phemeral

Boo, last minute decided to get Cities XL premium and it took too long to get it verified. Now it's back up to $15. Ah well. Perhaps it's for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom