• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Toki Tori 2+ for me today, which is cool because I was going to buy it anyway. My cousin had the Wii U version at our vacation house 2 weeks ago and it looked like a lot of fun.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I like this post card

91a992de71156747aadac3da638170e0bd5a17a7.jpg

There's something so classy about German!

I'm sure the majority of people here already have these, but they've been sitting in my inventory for too long now:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half-Life 2 -- MB-988C9DC62D60C7E1 - Taken by eyeless
Portal -- MB-67559984001BEDC4 - Taken by 73V3N
Half-Life 2 Ep1 -- MB-738C208095D4E85C - Taken by javadots

Check your Wishlists guys. There are a ton of games not showing anywhere on the front page that are on sale for awesome prices.

Are these general sales going to stay that way for the entirety of the steam summer sale?

Will La Mulana (for example) stay 50% off until the final day of the summer sale?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, here are a few keys to give away:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Geneforge Saga (Geneforge 1-5) -- MB-6F738190F6E9D713 - Taken by javadots
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-E0A22DB281F7D81F - Taken by xDEKOIx

Apologies if this has been asked before (and I have to assume it was) but does crafting badges still drop a card for the summer sale or can you only get them now by paying a tenner?

Check your Wishlists guys. There are a ton of games not showing anywhere on the front page that are on sale for awesome prices.

Are these general sales going to stay that way for the entirety of the steam summer sale?

Will La Mulana (for example) stay 50% off until the final day of the summer sale?

Almost my entire wishlist is on sale.

Yes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trackmania 2 Stadium is on sale for $6.49 USD (33% off). None of the other Trackmania 2s are though. I'll wait for a daily.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

yes, except that if it is featured as a daily sale, flash sale, or community choice it will be discounted more

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Yes, and yes you should grab that game (although it might get even cheaper). Great, great game.

Apologies if this has been asked before (and I have to assume it was) but does crafting badges still drop a card for the summer sale or can you only get them now by paying a tenner?

Before the Summer Sale was upon us, crafting gave you a chance to get a coupon.
You can't use coupons on sales. The Summer Sale is a HUGE sale.

So crafting now just gives you a summer card. It will be the same way for the Winter sale. Otherwise you'd end up with pissed people with coupons they can't do shit with.

WolvenOne

Hmm, nothing I particularly want today. I'm sure there'll be plenty of tempting sales later on.

Course, right now, I'm only interested in Fez, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and any Y's games I don't already have. So, unless they surprise me with something I haven't already thought of, I don't think I'll be spending too much this time around. XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ok so if you're level 5 steam level or above, you get a card every 3rd flash sale vote. So if they dont repeat the cards you'll be able to craft a badge just from that

You'll be able to craft two badges solely by voting in every Flash Sale. Yeah, leaving you needing to spend $400 to make up the difference.

Edit: Haha, I initially borked the maths. It's 2:30am, leave me alone. :p

Edit edit: Oh, the badge is 10 cards. I thought it was 5, haha.

Socreges

Banned
You asked if there was a chance of Company of Heroes being a daily deal.

Yes, there is a chance.

I also told you that 50% is not heavily discounted, 75% is.

In othe words, if something is 75% off, the chance of getting a BIGGER discount in a daily deal is smaller.

It exists, but it's smaller. And also, what is it going to be? 85%? Probably not worth it.

However, you should always wait for the last day.

So the point of my post was to answer the question?
Sorry, just found your semantics to be a bit stupid. I understand that games can be discounted to 75%, even 90%. That's why I asked if CoH: Complete would be included. I just didn't know if a game that was MODESTLY DISCOUNTED IN THE WORLD OF STEAM SUMMER SALES WHERE 50% IS LAUGHABLE (better?) would be further reduced or if that's where we'd expect it to end. Now I know that such games can be discounted once again, on top of the previous discount. Thanks

Sajjaja

Guys... THIS THREAD IS A FAKE! If you look closely, it's titled:

Stearn Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Stearn Summer Sale 2013

Stearn

STEARN

Brick

So, while trying to buy Hotline Miami (have to use the webpage since I'm at work), I decided to check out the sound track in Youtube.

michael-jackson.gif

This might be the coolest soundtrack I've ever heard. SO GOOD

The store still won't work for me... it seems that some mysterious power wants me to work on my backlog before I buy anything else

damn

gilljoy

Only thing I want to pick up this year ( atleast to begin with) are the skyrim DLC packs and the crusader kings 2 packs.

Now to play the waiting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom