• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

The unwritten rule is basically: don't be a greedy asshole and take only games you really want and are going to play. If you got something, it might be nice to wait a while before trying again, giving others a chance to win something too.
There's no limit to the number of keys ModBot will give you, however you should really only grab what you personally want to play. If you're grabbing keys from every giveaway, someone will notice eventually and the people who give keys away may just start blacklisting you.

Basically, imagine the giveaway like a giant jar of coins. You're allowed to take whatever you need. Do you grab a few coins to get that candy bar you want, or do you grab the whole jar and snappily bark back a reply about hating the game not the player when someone calls B.S?
For all giveaways:
- You can only claim one game per giveaway. If you ask for two at once you get neither. If you ask for two in two separate PMs to ModBot, only your first claim is entered.

For certain giveaways on a per-giveaway basis:
- No previous winners
- No previous winners from the last week
- Only people who gave stuff away themselves
- Manual blocklist
- No lurkers (5 or fewer posts in this thread, 5 or fewer posts in last thread--if you have more than 5 in either you're safe)

Thank you all. I don't want to piss anyone off here but I wouldn't mind getting a couple things. I'll just use my best judgement and, you know, play the games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check OP, Stump programmed it in but hasn't added a guide to the FAQ yet

I'm well aware that you can give away gifts using the redemption URL (I tested it myself after Dunder did), but Rdott was referring to inventory items, not e-mailed gifts.

Edit: Ah, wait a minute, I know why my little test didn't work: I redeemed the gift back when I was testing whether or not the e-mail portion was the URL was necessary, haha.

BeesEight

Ugh, I still can't believe Bethesda won't give a proper discount to their DLC. Been waiting on a 75% off deal for Dawnguard for almost a year now. At this point, I'll probably just retire the game from my backlog and move on.

Not really feeling today's sales but that could be because I'm pretty broke. Anti-chamber and Hotline Miami might make me cave though. I suppose $2.50 is worth Hotline's short length...

73V3N

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-044F6BBAAD55C1FC - Taken by v0rtikal

Please tell me if the link doesn't work (it's a steam gift link).

javadots

Banned
Okay so my profile is currently public and here is a pic of my library so you may see that the games that are listed at Purchase are the ones on my other account.

s2k7Ptb.png

Gbraga

Damage so far:

Krater
Antichamber
Bad Bots
Bionic Commando
Hard Reset
Afterfall Insanity
Rock of Ages (or something like that)
and thinking about Dragon Age Ultimate Edition.

Copons

Since in the last couple of days I got like half my wishlist from giveaways and kind GAF users, it's time I show some more love.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-CB6A25170D0892F4
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-27403E7EE369A022

Also, I think those two are the last keys I've got. :(

No sale on trackmania valley :(
Stadium is 6.5 euros though. (35 percent off)

Is it worth getting over the old free trackmania?
How does it run on amd cards? (hd 6870) , is it very demanding on the cpu?

Turfster

I keep putting my Bioshock getaway card on the market and it's not showing. Really annoying. Guess I'll let it sit and wait a while.
It's there, you just can't see it. I did it with my Reus card and eventually, someone bought it. (for like, a tenth of what was being shown as the 'cheapest' card the last time I checked)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, more games. This time, they are steam gifts, so just paste the url you get into your browser, and it should work (I really hope it does, since I took off the part of the URL with my email address):
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Ship (1 of 2) -- MB-E1AC1AA010645DB0 - Taken by hygea
The Ship (2 of 2) -- MB-9D4F01A32A23477E - Taken by Giard
Portal -- MB-688A0E1D18E7FC43 - Taken by Pupi18
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-2D8CC9C03AAFC623 - Taken by Sajjaja

Thermite

You receive Summer Sale cards by:

- Spending $10 on the store during the sale (one card per $10 spent)
- Voting on Community's Choice polls (one card per three votes)
- Completing a set of Summer Sale cards and crafting the badge (one card per level up)
- Trading with other users or purchasing directly via the Steam Market

I see, thanks!

Guys - am I in trouble?

Just tried to get Skyrim Legendary Edition but the steam store crashed/face overload as I completed the transaction. Now it charged my credit card, I have Skyrim in my Games tab, have the licence for the Legendary Edition in my user profile but no way to download the DLC?

The last time such a thing happened I never got any access to my Dragon Age expansions and add ons over steam, as EA and Valve butted heads and the issue was not resolved.

*fear*

If you have the license in your user profile, you're golden. You don't have to download the DLC separately, it just comes in as an update to the game itself. Luckily you don't have to bother redeeming junk on separate websites like you did for Bioware DLC.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Have any gaffers played Endless space? It sounds really interesting, i'm a fan of sins of a solar empire and it looks pretty similar. Is this a good deal?

It's different from Sins in that combat is more of a secondary system and is purely turn-based. It's closer to say, Civ 5 than SoaSE. It's a fun game but it does suffer from less than stellar combat and barely any racial diversity. Half of the fun in 4x games is seeing how the different factions truly differentiate from each other in everything from combat to negotiations but in Endless Space everyone is more or less the same. I think it's one of the best space 4x games in recent memory though despite its flaws.

mrgone

Damage so far:

Krater
Antichamber
Bad Bots
Bionic Commando
Hard Reset
Afterfall Insanity
Rock of Ages (or something like that)
and thinking about Dragon Age Ultimate Edition.

Aaaaaa how are you people buying anything? Ze buttons do nothing!

smr00

Banned
I can't tell if Steam is trying to save me money by refusing to go through with this order or if i somehow pissed off the great holy Gabe and he is blocking me from buying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom