• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3TRODYCE

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-A1F8A73D9D717A2F - Taken by Freki

Think I did it right.

I did not know The Last Remnant was on PC or even $4. I'm definitely buying this IMMEDIATELY after I go get my steam card later.

Thanks to whoever brought this game up. I lost your post but I can't wait to get this game.

Salsa

yeah ive experienced very few things as frustrating as seeing I could get a great price on a card and the market not letting me sell it

back to shit price now anyway

bengraven

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-BC13AA6180259859 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo

I knew I'd find something to do with this after the Amazon sale...

Grief.exe

Some free games for people, only take them if you have an interest in old school rpgs.

modbot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nethergate -- MB-64063DF625AF1E7C
The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-31CBC12BC5CE5D11
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-4889D2C44235CD72
Avadon -- MB-E3A06ACAAFCF858D

Bumping this giveaway

Giard

Ok, more games. This time, they are steam gifts, so just paste the url you get into your browser, and it should work (I really hope it does, since I took off the part of the URL with my email address):

Thank you! Got the second copy of The Ship.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What a cool OP. I still didn't understand that ModBot thing though. People can make giveaways, and then a computer program randomly selects a winner. Is that right? How does it know who is "entered" in it?

I'm not sure how you're getting this impression. ModBot is for first-come first-serve. You enter by sending it a PM. It knows you entered by checking its PMs.

Before ModBot you had three options:
- Post key in thread, someone who has no GAF account likely claims it. Benefit: maximum simplicity. Downside: no accountability at all, no way of knowing when to edit out keys from post to stop people from wasting their time.
- Post key hidden in email tags, restricted to GAF posters. Benefit: fairly simple. Downside: Accountability limited to having a GAF account, anyone can claim all the keys at the same time, no guarantee you'll be thanked, no way of knowing when to edit out keys from post to stop people from wasting their time.
- Post list of games have users PM you. Benefit: Accountability. Downside: You have to manually PM all the users and manually edit out keys and although the keys will be claimed quickly there will probably be a delay if you don't read your PMs immediate. Also users claiming need to send PMs.

Now you have ModBot. Benefit: Very detailed accountability, no effort to give away past initial PM which is easy Downside: Users claiming need to send PMs, people who can't read have difficulty figuring out how to do it, requires me to run a server for the bot (which I have to do anyway for all of ModBot's non-giveaway functions)

RS4-

Ugh, I don't know what I really want aside from Gunpoint, Rogue Legacy and whatever random indie stuff.

I might bite on Scribblenauts though

Zia

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-1FE2B6B550618441

PBalfredo

If I have games in my Gift inventory, how do I find the steam code so I can send it to ModBot to put it up for a giveaway? Or rather, can I do so with the games in my gift inventory, or does this only work for pure steam codes (like those purchased through GreenMan Gaming) that have never ever been entered into Steam, even as gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom