• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of many, I hope. Let's try this

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DeadlyVirus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-D2FB866A00897A9B - Taken by v0rtikal

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I have games in my Gift inventory, how do I find the steam code so I can send it to ModBot to put it up for a giveaway? Or rather, can I do so with the games in my gift inventory, or does this only work for pure steam codes (like those purchased through GreenMan Gaming) that have never ever been entered into Steam, even as gifts?

Send the gift to your e-mail address and copy/paste the redemption URL (you can remove the e-mail address portion) to ModBot as a "key".

Giard

Is there a way that ModBot could post all keys that haven't been taken? I'm pretty sure my Aquaria, NightSky and HIB3 haven't been taken yet, and I'm sure other keys will never be used because they're lost in previous pages.

Amzin

Probably gonna pick up CS:GO and Scribblenauts for this first run. Sad that Bioshock season pass isn't on sale as well.

Tizoc

I'm confused by the Modbot...say I have a code for Mark of the Ninja that I've not used yet, I PM it to the Modbot, and it'll give me an extra code for Mark of the Ninja?
If so will this work with codes I've already used?

Any thoughts about Mini Motor Racing EVO it's 75% OFF ~ $2.49?
I liked Mini Motor Racing quite a bit for awhile on the iPad; it hard to say how it will translate to PC though. One issue (common with mobile stuff): it can get repetitive pretty fast. It'll likely give you some quick arcade fun for awhile but may get tired. Bang Bang Racing (which is 3.39) may be a better choice. I played that on PC and it's a lot of fun.

Smash88

Banned
Antichamber

Puddle

pid

Under the Ocean

----

All bought. The 3 other games are 75% off and as a veteran, I know it won't get any lower than this. So I don't need to wait for the daily deal on those.

I wanted to get Endless Space Disharmony, but I can't justify $9 for DLC and Gunslinger is still too high for my liking. I would get it if it hits $7.50.

OrangeOak

I bought GTR2 two days before summer sale and now it's 50% cheaper.Lesson learned :(
I'm new to Steam summer sales(last time when I had a capable PC there was no such thing) so I have a question.
How often the older games go on daily and flash sales? Or is it only for newer titles?

vazel

Banned
That I find hard to believe as Aero shouldn't take up any VRAM when you're running anything fullscreen, that's a misconception. Or are you using multiple monitors?
I tested this extensively with GPU-Z. Disabling Aero gave me an increase of ~10FPS in BF3. Yes, I do have a dual-display setup. This was on my GTS250. I'm using a 660ti now and I don't notice much a performance boost by disabling Aero since I'm not starved for VRAM anymore.

RPG

Finally! Summer Sale, time to chip away at this wishlist I've been sitting on for months (just to add more games to a never-ending backlog).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm confused by the Modbot...say I have a code for Mark of the Ninja that I've not used yet, I PM it to the Modbot, and it'll give me an extra code for Mark of the Ninja?

The giveaway key you receive from ModBot after registering a nominated key is so it knows which Steam key to pinch from the database; they're not both Steam keys.

I liked Mini Motor Racing quite a bit for awhile on the iPad; it hard to say how it will translate to PC though. One issue (common with mobile stuff): it can get repetitive pretty fast. It'll likely give you some quick arcade fun for awhile but may get tired. Bang Bang Racing (which is 3.39) may be a better choice. I played that on PC and it's a lot of fun.

Ok, I'll ckeck Bang Bang Racing out then, thank you very much bro :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I disabled the windows OS appearance scripts and set it to Windows 95 template so that it will go faster.
If you have a Pentium without MMX and 16MB of RAM, sure.

Salsa

might buy Gunslinger, wich would end the sale early for me, but I really want it

deal is disappointing tho, was hoping for $7.5

Xanathus

:jackiechanmindblown:

Are you seriously thinking that Modbot will give you infinite free games?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah I see. Makes sense now. Though I still didn't understand how I'd say that I want to get in on a giveaway. Do I just need to quote the post where it is?

Honestly, please just read the posts that people post. They contain the information you need. I don't mean to be rude, but you're asking people to spend their time to explain it to you and you're not taking the time to read.

Every ModBot post says:
"I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM. "

So to enter, you send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line (for example Hotline Miami -- MB-D2FB866A00897A9B) into the body of the PM. In other words, just follow the instructions listed in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom