• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Seriously, is there a trick to buying shit right now? All the javascript buttons are dead whether I try them in the client or another browser. God damnit, I need to walk away from this for a while.

El Odio

Banned
Cool, I had to do it via e-mail the gift myself and send out the URL to modbot. Did you get the game okay? If not, I can PM it to you.

Buy buy buy!!

If it's a Daily Deal it won't get any cheaper.

Yes, it will never be at a lower price than it is for a Daily Deal.

Buy.

Pretty sure that if it goes on sale for a lower price, it'll be something like $2.
So yeah, you should get it now.

It's as low as it's ever going to go. Good time to buy

Definitely worth it!

Well consider it bought then. And got it on the Daily Deals. This is my first summer sale so I'm not sure how all the pricing methods work.

derExperte

I tested this extensively with GPU-Z. Disabling Aero gave me an increase of ~10FPS in BF3. Yes, I do have a dual-display setup. This was on my GTS250. I'm using a 660ti now and I don't notice much a performance boost by disabling Aero since I'm not starved for VRAM anymore.

I think a GTS250 running BF3 on dual monitors was pretty extreme so it could be that even very few MBs actually made a difference. Or you were still showing the desktop UI on one display, then Aero of course uses a little more VRAM.

Oh, Steam is fast right now. Must buybuybuybuy.

smr00

Banned
Was able to complete my order for

Critter Crunch
Magic Drop V
Dungeons of Dredmor
PID
Waves

Going to try and browse around the store in a little bit and see if it's any better. Took me like 20 minutes to finish this order because it kept failing.

PBalfredo

If I buy my games as a gift, can I activate them myself aswell?

Yes. When you go to the page in your Steam account where you access your gifts, you can press the Add to my Game Library button to claim the gift as your own. It's yours then and you won't be able to gift it afterwards.

ircVTYl.png

bonesquad

Oh my. Summer sale already. I haven't paid attention to Steam lately. Time to fix that. Already I see Antichamber which is high on my wish list...

slabrock

Banned
Seriously, is there a trick to buying shit right now? All the javascript buttons are dead whether I try them in the client or another browser. God damnit, I need to walk away from this for a while.
Maybe i'm just lucky but it is letting me buy at the moment.

Freki

And now it's my turn:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-31EA3DD88CEF73BB - Taken by stutte

I have read it actually but am still confused ^^;, if it can produce an extra key for a game, I could do a Group giveaway to increase my Steamgifts ranking, etc.

You don't produce an extra key... ModBot generates a code that you PM to him to claim the steam key.

nexen

I liked Mini Motor Racing quite a bit for awhile on the iPad; it hard to say how it will translate to PC though. One issue (common with mobile stuff): it can get repetitive pretty fast. It'll likely give you some quick arcade fun for awhile but may get tired. Bang Bang Racing (which is 3.39) may be a better choice. I played that on PC and it's a lot of fun.

Thanks. I already own Bang Bang Racing and quite enjoyed it. I bit on MMR EVO though because tiny cars.

bender

What time is it?
might buy Gunslinger, wich would end the sale early for me, but I really want it

deal is disappointing tho, was hoping for $7.5

I'm pretty burnt on shooters this days but I love Gunslinger. I probably put in 20+ hours. I'm a sucker for westerns though.

I think I'm spoiled too. Don't Starve is on my wishlist and I'm bummed out that it's only marked 40% off.

Martian

Dear Esther -- MB-E4FA374DA8E157E0
Oil Rush -- MB-6D2B531A3B24D070
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-88367B0440ADFB9A

not taking anything: but please

Dear Esther is one of the best experiences I have had in the last year. Don't grab it if you're not interested in following a story. Its like an old school point-and-click adventure

Khronico

Will wait and see if Cart Life will go even cheaper (Buying either way)... Anyone have any good recommendations for cheap indie games? preferably under $5.

Gunpoint, M&B Warband, M&B Napoleonic Wars, Incredipede, Garry's Mod, and Arma Gold are all on sale.

That's literally everything I wanted to get.

What' should I do?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey Stump, any thoughts on a RAFFLE flag for ModBot? The idea would be that it'd collect PMs over a set period of time and then randomly select one person.

Would that put too much computational stress on your server?

Peace Walker

Neo Member
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-39ABE3A3EDB334C6 - Taken by Habieru
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War -- MB-2C387E7FDECEABC7 - Taken by DamnTheMan
Cortex Command -- MB-058DCE59EE932560 - Taken by Freezard
Red Orchestra -- MB-B62C0DB3A2619279 - Taken by javadots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom