• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

Several indies on my wishlist... but i keep thinking that the best thing on those is to wait for a Humble Bundle...
I pretty much just buy anything on my wishlist that's under $5.

Right now these look good. I want to buy them but steam won't let me.
starseed pilgrim
kairo
dyad
super puzzle platformer
organ trail
gnomoria
super splatters

I'm sure there are plenty of others that I already own.

Nabs

Hrm, I should have stated, dont just quote this post, actually show me the proof. I'm going to disregard all posts that were above, starting now.

So if you posted earlier, do so now. Any posts that get edited get nothing.

So basically, show me all 3 of those things, but dont edit your posts, and it has to be after this post.

For Infinite:

I gave away Bioshock 1 and 2 the other day: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=69303506&highlight=#post69303506
Had it on my wishlist since it was listed: http://i4.minus.com/ibpq416hXTBGfa.png
and I don't own it: http://i7.minus.com/ibk5w49P17O1Ay.png

Mordeccai

Hrm, odd, the link takes me to my own steam profile. If everything checks out though, I'll send it.

I think I might have just died. I am also in the process of starting a CoJ Gunslinger mod bot giveaway when the PM comes through.

If I screwed up the profile link the name is DetectiveKimble.

You are way too generous friend.

WeaselJCD

Neo Member
Hrm, I should have stated, dont just quote this post, actually show me the proof. I'm going to disregard all posts that were above, starting now.

So basically, show me all 3 of those things, but dont edit your posts, and it has to be after this post.

Don't know if im too late

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WeaselJCD/wishlist/

Gave away some stuff through modbod earlier and yesterday

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69589916&postcount=18997

Cth

It's a 30 minute long short story. Just know what you're getting into.

I dug it for what it was.

That's what I was thinking. I like "experimental" games,especially since i'm in a game development program. I figure for 74 cents, what the hell, why not?

Thanks!

The_Monk

Ok, I'll do it!
Now about this Hotline Miami deal...

You have done good, sir. I'm still waiting for Market to work before I jump on that. I need to grab it!

Hotline Miami is a great game, you need to have some good reflexes. The price is good and the soundtrack is amazing!

However, I believe not everyone can play because of the colors and the images (seizures and all that).

You gotta be patient that shit happened to tons of people here. They are getting tons of action over there as you can imagine.

Don't really have much more patience to be honest, already been 3 hours and still can't put money in my wallet or buy any games, great start to the sale!

scottzorus

Neo Member
You have done good, sir. I'm still waiting for Market to work before I jump on that. I need to grab it!

Hotline Miami is a great game, you need to have some good reflexes. The price is good and the soundtrack is amazing!

However, I believe not everyone can play because of the colors and the images (seizures and all that).

Of course I'll get it
Thank you Gaben

I had a good three minutes to grab that last XCOM but hesitated since I wasn't sure I would play it soon.

Now if there's a Rogue Legacy giveaway, ima pounce hard.

x3uhzvy.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37010/

Though steam should have asked MS for some servers, haven't come through buying it yet.

could any fellow euro-gaffer help me getting this? it's 9,49€ here

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The next movie Salsa moves to is going to be Jingle All The Way.
I liked that one. Never got my Turbo Man toy, sadly :(

After the sale has settled down I'm going to look at the kind of data input ModBot has gotten for everything and make a decision about how to deal with some of the user abuse issues going forward. I want to stress that ModBot is not a mod and so I'm very very very skeptical about linking any kind of GAF punishment to any kind of misuse of ModBot. I want it so that even if I were not a mod, ModBot would still function the same way. But obviously if anyone abuses it and permablocks RionaaM or something like that, I'll have to figure out a way going forward to avoid that kind of thing.
Thanks a lot! I knew I could count on you, Stump.

Time for me to pay it forward

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-4B3D567BA4767C71 - Taken by Mr.Awesome

Grief.exe

not sure if that wouldnt fuck up other parts of the thread. I'll fix it

It won't remove other URL tags that are already there.

Just remove the ones around the links in that part and it will work fine.

I'm sure this has been asked/answered but I'm lazy: So the easiest way to have ModBot give away games in my inventory is to e-mail them to myself and then copy-paste the gift URL(s) into the PM, right?

Modbot Guide for Gifts through Steam

Add Game to Cart

Select Purchase as Gift

Select Send Gift Via email

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/A010G4A0EF24336F?redeemer=YOUREMAIL@gmail.com
Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Wedge7

I think I might have just died. I am also in the process of starting a CoJ Gunslinger mod bot giveaway when the PM comes through.

If I screwed up the profile link the name is DetectiveKimble.

You are way too generous friend.

Theirs 4 Detective Kimbles. Dunno which one you are. Send me a working link to your Profile and I'll send it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not trying to be a bully here or anything, but I do find it pretty funny that javadots hasn't poked his head back in since the hammer dropped.

usea

I had a good three minutes to grab that last XCOM but hesitated since I wasn't sure I would play it soon.

Now if there's a Rogue Legacy giveaway, ima pounce hard.
x-com has been on the top of my wishlist for a long time. I tried to claim, but was defeated!

Question: what's up with the steam group? Why are people joining it? Sorry I don't mean to sound rude. I'm curious.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
To the people having trouble buying games, what error are you getting? I'm getting

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Caerith

Good on you for giving nice things away. And good luck cutting through the chaff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's the blacklist code again? I need to ban that guy that everyone hates. Didn't see it in the FAQ

To use community permablocklists in your own giveaway:
BLACKLIST

To add someone to your own perma blocklist:
- PM to ModBot
- Subject permablock
- Body = a series of usernames, one per line
IE
Stumpokapow
ModBot
EviLore
Nirolak

Effect: any future giveaway you give will block these people automatically

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

edna harvey -- MB-57D8E9217F70346D - Taken by Saty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom