• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Vote Dishonored people. Vote Dishonored!
LLShC.gif

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wait, today's deals are supposed to end in 20 hours, yet the individual pages show them ending in 40 hours. Which one is it? If it's the latter, then good, because Defiance is real tempting, but I need to get more money in my Steam Wallet.

Got Don't Starve, Scribblenauts, the Bioshock Infinite DLC, and some Pinball FX2 tables.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-C5825024F692F0BD - Taken by OneEightZero

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RE: Reposting, if you repost ModBot may or may not pick up the new post versus editing the old post. So you might get people claiming stuff but it not being marked. This is not something that's going to be fixed.

will edit the new post manually.

kewlmyc

Time to do my nice deed for the day.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum -- MB-098B024672D45A53

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I thought you had a soul when you mentioned yerba mate.
Now I know better!(

Move all discussion of dulce de leche to where it belongs, friend: The Origin Thread.

If it helps at all I'm drinking some yerba mate right now, ice cold, just like how I like my revenge.

Hammer drop? I'm surprised anything short of a ban would shut him up.

I mean, it is more of a symbolic move, but it wouldn't be long before something more severe and hilarious was put in place or simply made common practice within the community. I think if the goal was to change his tone, it certainly will have worked.

javadots

Banned
I would like to take this time and apologize for my disruptive, stubborn and selfish behavior. They say I am selfish for including my raffle in unlimited quantity, all the while abusing my inclusion as one of thousands in the exclusivity that is neoGAF, alongside its amiable yet strong community of individuals. They say that I am stubborn for not understanding this, but I do now. My behavior was irreverent to say the least. My plea remains questionable. My reputation tarnished. I do not ask that I be exonerated because I know what is written in stone cannot be regained. I do, however, ask that you remain patient with me. Give me a second chance and I will show you how productive and generous of a GAFer I can be.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-AA81589C571DDF9D - Taken by Overdoziz

Salsa

Wait, today's deals are supposed to end in 20 hours, yet the individual pages show them ending in 40 hours. Which one is it? If it's the latter, then good, because Defiance is real tempting, but I need to get more money in my Steam Wallet.

Got Don't Starve, Scribblenauts, the Bioshock Infinite DLC, and some Pinball FX2 tables.

the "daily deals" transform in "yesterday's deals" on the next day and are still available for 24 more hours

Mugatu

It's a lot of fun. They implemented the Dota style matchmaking system, so you'll get placed on good servers against decent competition. I highly recommend playing it with friends.

I realize most people are not like me but just in case, it does have bot support.

I'm not that good at competitive FPSs but I do enjoy playing against bots to work out aggression after a tough day - it's sometimes fun to just go slaughtering bots.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I see "powered by modbot" on mods' posts when they lock a thread. I'm guessing this is related? I'm new to the thread and all this lol.

usea

I would like to take this time and apologize for my disruptive, stubborn and selfish behavior. They say I am selfish for including my raffle in unlimited quantity, all the while abusing my inclusion as one of thousands in the exclusivity that is neoGAF, alongside its amiable yet strong community of individuals. They say that I am stubborn for not understanding this, but I do now. My behavior was irreverent to say the least. My plea remains questionable. My reputation tarnished. I do not ask that I be exonerated because I know what is written in stone cannot be regained. I do, however, ask that you remain patient with me. Give me a second chance and I will show you how productive and generous of a GAFer I can be.
You were irreverent, sure. But I don't think you were wrong. Don't sweat it, sir or madam.

Sajjaja

Enjoy.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Titan Quest -- MB-FBB39F45C2FE19AB - Taken by MormaPope

To the people having trouble buying games, what error are you getting? I'm getting

I got general errors, then an error saying their was a hold on my CC, then that transaction magically went through after I restarted Steam and now I can't buy anything because it says a previous transaction is still being processed.

Whatever. As long as it's all sorted by the time the next flash sale starts.

Caerith

I mean, it is more of a symbolic move, but it wouldn't be long before something more severe and hilarious was put in place or simply made common practice within the community. I think if the goal was to change his tone, it certainly will have worked.
I'll be honest, instead of reading the last 50 pages of this thread I opted to take a nap. I saw ModBot has a permablock and blacklist thing now-- is that it? I would have figured that move more aimed at Deadbeat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I see "powered by modbot" on mods' posts when they lock a thread. I'm guessing this is related? I'm new to the thread and all this lol.

Possibility 1:
Elaborate joke by a bunch of us moderators

Possibility 2:
ModBot does more than giveaways and also possesses a bunch of moderation tools to make things easy on us.

Who knows which is true.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's all good, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom