• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Yondy604, accept your friend requests on Steam. I've sent you two already - once immediately after getting your initial winning and another after you complained about me not sending you a key.

Kind of souring me on this gifting thing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
stump do you quote just the key or the entire line containing the name of the game and the key?

either or, the format is flexible--but it says to quote the full line so that people don't accidentally just quote part of it and lock themselves out if they mangle the key.

vazel

Banned
Both the website and the client keep telling me the store is unavailable due to heavy load on the servers.

I don't think I've ever seen that before in a previous sale. Is this the most popular sale yet?
I think it's the increased load from the servers having to do all the trading card calculations. Valve should buy one of those old Soviet BESM mainframes to help them out.

Cheddahz

Banned
Yondy604, accept your friend requests on Steam. I've sent you two already - once immediately after getting your initial winning and another after you complained about me not sending you a key.

Kind of souring me on this gifting thing.

I'll take the key if he doesn't accept it, lol

ev0

Card market is working again for me... though now the price for the ex-mystery cards are lower than what I paid for them. Thanks Steam for not listing my cards earlier... :(

Yeah I put stuff up hours ago and it never showed up, now my prices look ridiculous in comparison

catabarez

I wanted to say thanks to Salsa or Stump, whoever is responsible, for naming the thread Stearn.

And two, get off Steam you, you people! I'm trying to buy Dear Esther and thinking about Antichamber and Recettear but the client keeps 503 error'ing!

Check your PMs

Glix

McPixel X 2
Magical Drop V X 2
Dyad
To The Moon
Half Minute Hero
Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed

First days haul. The X 2's are for a buddy of mine.

Caerith

Interesting. I think you could approximate the "value" of the giveaways by subtracting out the keys that haven't been claimed-- like, if you gave 20, but only 5 were claimed, then only count those 5 because the other 15 were apparently not worth claiming and just exist to pad out the "give" numbers.

inlwtra55I7Ax.jpg

My only pick up so far today, he's a nibbler! Been so long since I've had a puppy, forgot you have to wane them off that.

Only link because I mentioned it yesterday and people expressed interest :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Interesting. I think you could approximate the "value" of the giveaways by subtracting out the keys that haven't been claimed-- like, if you gave 20, but only 5 were claimed, then only count those 5 because the other 15 were apparently not worth claiming and just exist to pad out the "give" numbers.

I can't remember if I did that when I generated the stats but yeah that's an option.

I'll probably end up getting Kentucky Route Zero just because that's my home state and it's kind of horror-y which is just really cool to me.

bengraven

I'll take the key if he doesn't accept it, lol

If I don't hear from him tonight, it will go the third person who PMed me. I was going indie, outside of Modbot, so if I say I'm taking back, I will. He kind of pissed me off with the "this user hasn't sent me my key" thing anyway. ha

tineladia

Neo Member
BL2 has been on sale a million times already though.

Wasn't there a game that ended up being a flash, daily and community choice during the last winter sale? I could be going mad but I'm sure it's happened. I think that a lot of people, if they already own all the games on the vote, just vote for one they like, rather than thinking about discount amounts/how often bargains come around.

Wok

For what it's worth, ModBot prohibits multiple claims in the same giveaway even if you use no rules at all so it would have been impossible ;)

Right, so this allows fair share. I thought different PMs would allow to claim multiple keys, but that is good to know this does not bypass your security system!

Wasn't there a game that ended up being a flash, daily and community choice during the last winter sale? I could be going mad but I'm sure it's happened. I think that a lot of people, if they already own all the games on the vote, just vote for one they like, rather than thinking about discount amounts/how often bargains come around.

Batman: Arkham City was that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom