• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

I can't imagine anyone still wants this, but why not. :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship 2 Pack -- MB-12D8B9F736BA964E - Taken by thecjm

bengraven

They arent. I have a bad feeling it will win. Shit thats always been on sale will continue to always be on sale cause it sells so well on sale.

If every bit of DLC also goes on sale, I'm not complaining. I'll take Krieg and the remaining skins I have left for less than 5, please Alex.

Also, holy shit on you using 3 "sale"s and one "sells" in the same sentence.

dxhc99

I refused to buy it cause it's scary!

It's not scary at all. It's maybe a little creepy but I'm a total wimp when it comes to scary games and I had no problem with Alan Wake. I would say get American Nightmare and try that it's even less scary than the core game.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
PeBTfW5.png

YESSSSSSS

I have a key from a bundle that I never used (I never claimed it before so I guess it's good to give) if anyone wants to try :

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key

first nice fella to quote me can have it to try

reddmyst

Trying one to make sure I didn't screw up!

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NightSky -- MB-D032149BE4DB0BE3

Why is Don't Starve so much more expensive than Hotline Miami? Don't they have similar budgets and replayability?

Hotline Miami was made with a tiny team, don't starve had a large team. They're both replayable, don't starve edges it if you're a fan of rogue like s.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Go easy on me, but...why would anyone buy these trading cards you can earn?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone let me know if they claim a key and get a PM from Modbot 2? I'm trying to add extra manpower to make it a little quicker in cases where many people claim stuff at the same time.

This is still available, I think.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dungeons of Dredmor with DLC -- MB-CD837C36C61C2CC6

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just to make sure, Flash sales were equivalent to daily deal discounts for the last winter sale, correct?

Kinda feel like getting skyrim, but I can't remember if it'll go for cheaper as a daily.

If anyone really has a problem with needing to spend $10 for every Summer Card drop....

We're in a sale. Everyone's going to get one.

(Plus, every three community choices you get one)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
A negative opinion is now called a bizarre vendetta? I am sure there are a few people not speaking out against this clogging up the sales thread because its by a mod. Maybe it will quiet down a bit after a few days, but currently I dont feel like participating much in this thread because it definitely is more bloated through this program and talk about how the program works than in previous threads, in which I had many discussions about the quality of games.

But sure, every negative criticism is a "bizarre vendetta" instead of something that might be something to consider the use. Get your blinders off. But I can see how that might be hard for you since you are personally invested in the tool. Still, maybe someone should create a game discussion thread if this keeps clogging up the thread (since I apparently wasnt the only one agreeing with this).

Before ModBot, if I wanted to give away keys without lurkers taking them it would actually result in more posts. Quote if you want the key etc. It also adds a very useful layer of accountability and transparency which isn't there with manual giveaways. Once the excitement of having a new method to give gifts wears off, and when everyone has learned how the system works, the number of posts pertaining to ModBot will dwindle. I see nothing wrong with the marked increase in generosity surrounding the summer sale that ModBot -- in large part -- has helped facilitate, though.

Stump already created a separate thread for the ModBot FAQ and has told posters to refer to it when asking questions, but as the bot itself serves to replace the traditional methods we used to hand out Steam keys in the Steam thread (yes, was never in a separate thread), I don't see why that function would need a separate thread.

The reason you don't see many other complaints has nothing to do with Stump being an admin; rather, it is because appreciation is the standard human reaction when someone uses their own free time to make life easier for yourself and others while expecting and receiving nothing in return.

DTKT

Did they increase the timer for card drops again? I can never figure out if it's bugged or just taking a long time.

bengraven

Oh, I figured I was too late for that one, didn't know I was still in the running.

so you don't think I'm sexy?

Well I assumed the picture was of James Franco, so depending on how you feel about him and his appearance, then take from it what you will. :p

DirtRiver

Wait, wasn't the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass on sale? No!!!!! I just finished the game, I need to buy that season pass so I play the DLC right away when it comes.

Goddamnit Valve...

jrcbandit

Picked up Don't Starve, not sure if I'll get anything else other than Rogue Legacy at some point since I've gotten every AAA game I've wanted already from GMG.

Is Psycho dlc for BL2 worth keeping an eye on for a sale?

Also why do people care about this trading card BS? I guess I'll never understand the E-peen mentality.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Titan Quest -- MB-83C322BBB64E529D - Taken by PBalfredo
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War -- MB-D460DDB747FF4A24 - Taken by Therion

IF YOU WIN ONE OF THESE AND GET A PM FROM MODBOT 2, LET STUMP KNOW. THANKS!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wait, wasn't the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass on sale? No!!!!! I just finished the game, I need to buy that season pass so I play the DLC right away when it comes.

Goddamnit Valve...

It was on sale for like 50 minutes. I guess it wasn't suppose to be discounted, rightly so. Kind of a slap in the face to owners of the pass already, lol

Oreoleo

Did they increase the timer for card drops again? I can never figure out if it's bugged or just taking a long time.

Cards stopped dropping for me like 2 hours ago. I couldn't tell if it was borked either but it kinda seemed like it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom