• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Mine definitely was not. I wasn't aware of his multiple wins (I just got home from work and came into the thread,) and didn't think to block previous winners. Will do in the future, though.

I keed of course, your generosity hasn't gone unnoticed by the thread as well as all who have dispensed prizes for everyone so far. Just a little bit of drama with some jokes going along with it have sort of self-perpetuated into a stearn sale meme and the due thanks have gotten lost in the fuss.

Thanks for yours and everyone else's giveaways thus far.

One more time (for now).

This is still available, I think.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor with DLC -- MB-CD837C36C61C2CC6

ijdpXGlPIfTho.gif

Best yet.

Right up there with Fifth Element E3 and Princess Bride E3.

JoduanER2

I didn't think you said anything wrong. I don't understand the hyper-sensitivity. It's pretty scummy, plain and simple. Saying you hope someone gets hit by a bus is hardly a death threat.

Yea most likely. Still people saying he should die is a little overboard. I would just like some action to be taken so we don't have to talk about this anymore. It was funny for a while now it's just a little ridiculous.

it has to be, if javadots is taking all this games he must be keeping them for selling them after this.

Ryan_

Well, since the sale was so dissapointing I bought another Humble Bundle and decided to gift the keys! I hope someone (other then Javadots!) can enjoy them!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-AE37EA45E86C6271
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-D7529EA18DA9F242
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-CAE813B77DB0F04A - Taken by Silky

Freki

How can a single GAFfer derail one entire thread full of great people in such special time -Steam Summer Sale- in the best Community Gaming site, ever made?

I'm either getting old or I just miss old GAF.

:(
Completely agree - one guy single handedly ruins the experience for a lot of people... this is Bullshit

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
They keys will only appear to the people who are elligible to the rules I choose ?

... okay, I'm not sure if you're confused here.
- You send ModBot a PM with the keys you are giving you away (see the OP as to how you do this)
- He sends you back encrypted keys which are not real Steam keys and tells you to quote the PM into the thread
- You post those by quoting the PM into the thread
- People PM the encrypted key they want to ModBot
- He sends the winners the original keys you sent.

Vodh

Guys I forgot how to play this game... What do I do when I'm waiting for the countdown on flash deals? For now I'm just staring at the timer...

So, McPixel is one of the weirdest games I've ever played.

Basically, every level consists of 6 one-screen point-and-click adventure puzzles. Like WarioWare, you have a limited period of time to solve them--20 seconds to be precise. After 20 seconds, the level explodes. You need to put out the bomb by clicking on things, or by picking up things and using them on other things.

If you win, you move to the next screen.
If you lose, you move to the next screen.
After all 6 screens it wraps back around to the first unfinished screen.
Once you've beaten the level you can replay it to try to unlock all the various failure types as well as the success type.

But the thing that makes it most weird is that there's no rhyme or reason. In one level you might see a bomb and click on it and it blows up, you lose, and then in the next level you might click on the same bomb and your character eats it and thus it doesn't explode and you win. So basically you have no idea what's going to happen.

Because of this it's more an interactive screensaver than a game, but it's still pretty fun. You can beat the whole game (4 chapters of 4 stages of 6 screens each) in a few hours and there's a ton of free DLC. It doesn't have Steam achievements or work with Steam overlay.

Weird.

Yeah, that suprised me as well. I find it to be fun in a teenage-fun kind of way. Kicking the shit out of those bombs.

Should i buy antichamber?

• I love puzzle games
  • I don't really care all the much for FPS
  • I do like Portal
  • I do like non-euclidian geometry (I studied maths in Uni)
  • I want to stay within my budget of $50 (lol) so I think I should save it for a game I want much more
  • It will probably go on sale again during the winter sale (I'm patient)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Strange thing: a few weeks ago, when the Carpe Fulgur Collection went on sale at 75% off, I downloaded all 3 demos (Recettear, Chantelise and Fortune Summoners) and liked them enough that I decided to buy the pack. That same night, right before I hit the Steam store and make the transaction, my ISP decides that I was enjoying internet a little too much and it stopped working for almost a week. Which means I missed the sale, as Steam is blocked at work and I couldn't buy it from work the next morning. And my phone's 3G connection is shitty at best, so that's out of the question.

Cut to now, beginning of the Summer Seal, and the pack goes on sale for the same amount. But something is different now. I don't feel like getting it anymore. I feel like there are many other games I could buy instead. So I won't get it for now, despite enjoying Recettear and Chantelise demos.

Could it be because of sale oversaturation? Or fear of spending money on it and not being able to get some potentially better game(s) because of that? Whatever it is, that's my story.

You may be wondering what's the point of all this rant, or if there's a moral to it, right? Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I never said there was going to be one.

Veezy

que?
Funny story.

Mass Effect 2 came out on the PS3, yeah? I got it. We were in my dorm room, I was playing the game, having a jolly old time, right? Unbeknownst to me she was behind me, on my bed, naked, trying to get my attention.

She never got it.

Three hours later I get up to piss, see her naked on her DS, and immediately pounce on her only to be promptly knocked off.

Needless to say, Mass Effect almost tore my marriage apart.
But the important question is did you send thane into the vents? ;-)

I feel ya. Juggling relationship with the game releases is a pain.

And, brave new world just came out. Fun times.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Javadots figured out the ModBot encryption and he's hacking all of us RIGHT NOW

In case anyone was wondering:
Code:
secureKey = str(hashlib.sha1(keys[k]+" MODBOT'S SECRET SALT GOES HERE OBVIOUSLY I AM NOT GOING TO POST IT PUBLICLY").hexdigest())[0:16].upper()

Why not use your PM pal modbot and make it fair?

if he's already claimed the key it'll error out that the key was already used

Deadbeat

Banned
I wonder how the steam thread would have been in the past when you never knew who won the games
I just asked nice for some keys and people (like you) gave them to me
Will play Binary Domain soon as I get through a few other games

By being a jerk is what pisses people off when you win.

Rufus

Should i buy antichamber?

• I love puzzle games
  • I don't really care all the much for FPS
  • I do like Portal
  • I do like non-euclidian geometry (I studied maths in Uni)
  • I want to stay within my budget of $50 (lol) so I think I should save it for a game I want much more
  • It will probably go on sale again during the winter sale (I'm patient)
I haven't played it but I know that it's about as much an FPS as Portal is, so that shouldn't be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom