• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's more than just his heart being in the right place. He has actually been one of the major driving forces for multiple relatively unknown games being promoted in the Steam threads, which caused people to take note and buy titles they might not have otherwise even noticed. SpaceChem, Frozen Synapse, Dungeons, his Indie threads, etc. It is what he does, and it is quite wonderful to find compared to lazy repeat questions or a flood of commentary about bots and giveaways.

Compared to earlier threads during Steam Sales, this thread, at least for me, seems to have had FAR less comments about the quality or merits of games, especially little known gems worth mentioning. :(

Thanks dude :) Good to read something nice after fighting with one of my favourite mods :p
I should just... play a round of Frozen Synapse with Stump to duke it out :p

Vodh

Damn, it's on... I'm considering Antichamber, but then again Dishonored might be on sale for pretty much the same price, and I already know I won't be able to get every single reasonably priced game that looks appealing to me...

Petrie

Banned
Wasn't all super serious kids.

Javadots is a scumbag. The internet is full of scumbags.

I'm not even trying to win any giveaways this year so no skin off my back. Scumbags gonna scum.

Silky

Banned
For this Javadots guy...can't you just use the ModBot thing to ban the person from entering any future giveaways? :s

kuYuri

What's the secret to selling cards on Steam? Or is everyone here just playing shit ton of games, earning cards, and then selling them $.30+ at a time or something?

Volotaire

Fck it . Bought the Counter Stike pack because I had fun with Source at my family member's comp for years. And the GO beta was kind of entertaining.

derExperte

xl8P9t1.png

I hope that's not yours. If it is: Update that shit immediately.

kenta

Has no PEINS
What to do if a user is so abusive that you want to permanently block them from your giveaways:
Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word permablock. The body should contain, one per line, usernames you want to permanently block.

Just a friendly reminder

Corto

People can block members on their giveaways. Just a reminder.

From Modbot instruction post

Rules and Restrictions:
- To add a rule or restriction to your giveaway, you need to put the rule on its own line in the PM. So nothing else should be on the line, just the rule. The following rules are supported:

BLOCK username
This will block that username from participating in specific.

Caerith

I'm sorry to say that this is going to get worse and worse as the site gets larger and larger and the end game is not having a Steam thread at all because the platform gets too big and we start treating it like the consoles. It's very difficult to have a thread on GAF that incorporates both ongoing / breaking news elements and thoughtful reflection on games that were played. That's the price you pay for a site this large.
True, it's largely just a reflection of human nature and society. Maybe you could splice ModBot 3 with some of Clippy's code. "It looks like you're asking a question that's been answered three times on this page alone."

Now I kinda wish Transformice would get a Steam port.

RetroMG

Morningbus is laughing at us all right now

This is all him in one elaborate drama staged by him and purely him through the guise of alt accounts

Mine definitely was not. I wasn't aware of his multiple wins (I just got home from work and came into the thread,) and didn't think to block previous winners. Will do in the future, though.

def sim

What's the secret to selling cards on Steam? Or is everyone here just playing shit ton of games, earning cards, and then selling them $.30+ at a time or something?

You don't have to play the game. Boot up then alt tab out and do whatevs. Sell cards at market price.

I'm not buying it yet...but is Garry's Mod good? I enjoy physics sandbox/simulator, but I've never heard of it before. Will the price go even lower?

YOU tell her to watch that mouth or you'll stop putting out. Then, you have more time to download those games. You'll show her. You'll be the winner.

Funny story.

Mass Effect 2 came out on the PS3, yeah? I got it. We were in my dorm room, I was playing the game, having a jolly old time, right? Unbeknownst to me she was behind me, on my bed, naked, trying to get my attention.

She never got it.

Three hours later I get up to piss, see her naked on her DS, and immediately pounce on her only to be promptly knocked off.

Needless to say, Mass Effect almost tore my marriage apart.

Stimpack

Wasn't all super serious kids.

Javadots is a scumbag. The internet is full of scumbags.

I'm not even trying to win any giveaways this year so no skin off my back. Scumbags gonna scum.

I didn't think you said anything wrong. I don't understand the hyper-sensitivity. It's pretty scummy, plain and simple. Saying you hope someone gets hit by a bus is hardly a death threat.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Alright, I'll do it traditionally. I'll be giving away 2 copies of Overlord in a bit (for those that don't want to spend $1.24 lol)

Let me get on my laptop and I'll get it done.

Now people are wishing death on me. Dude this is getting out of hand :/

I doubt he literally wishes you were dead. He's just frustrated, as are many others, at your attitude. Because whether you're gaming the system or not, you've made out like a bandit, and the decent thing to do would be to move off to the side and let other people get a chance at 'winning'.

xtop

was gone for a few hours. javabots is still sniping games? lol. still can't blame the guy, but he's got to realize he's bringing all the hate on himself

TheD

The Detective
You shouldn't get keys with the intention of giving them away. The general rule is if you take a key you should intend on playing the game.

You make it sound like giving it as a birthday gift is the same as getting the game to regift it to someone at random.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Now people are wishing death on me. Dude this is getting out of hand :/

So you apologized and allegedly realized you were being selfish, and then decided you'd go ahead and take Bioshock: Infinite anyway because it's worth more than your dignity. Congrats?

The_Monk

How can a single GAFfer derail one entire thread full of great people in such special time -Steam Summer Sale- in the best Community Gaming site, ever made?

I'm either getting old or I just miss old GAF.

:(

Petrie

Banned
I didn't think you said anything wrong. I don't understand the hyper-sensitivity. It's pretty scummy, plain and simple. Saying you hope someone gets hit by a bus is hardly a death threat.

Thank you.

I get that GAF is a bit sensitive because of Mr. Davis' passing recently, but it wasn't a serious comment.

i think hes going to sell them after this, it seems many of the keys he won have not been redeemed
Yea most likely. Still people saying he should die is a little overboard. I would just like some action to be taken so we don't have to talk about this anymore. It was funny for a while now it's just a little ridiculous.

vall03

I wonder if theres a chance that Rainslick 3+4 pack will go lower than 50% off. Might as well just wait, The only other games I want are Satazius, Defenders Quest, maybe Defense Grid too. Still thinking whether to get Anomaly on Steam or on iOS. I really prefer TD games on handhelds/mobile.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yo javadots lemme hit that B:I code

which team are you guys on #teamtoma or #teammodbot place ya bets ladies n gentlemen

I'm #teammodbot because I know that dissenters will be the first against the wall. Toma's a good dude, and I understand his complaints. He just needs to move on, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom