• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

catabarez

I'm going to go steal a whiskey bottle from my parent's stash :p
I need a drink.

That's it. It's happening

timetostopposting.jpg

... okay, I'm not sure if you're confused here.
- You send ModBot a PM with the keys you are giving you away (see the OP as to how you do this)
- He sends you back encrypted keys which are not real Steam keys and tells you to quote the PM into the thread
- You post those by quoting the PM into the thread
- People PM the encrypted key they want to ModBot
- He sends the winners the original keys you sent.

ooooooh encryption is what I missed. Okay, thank you for explaining. Here they are :

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (UnluckyKate, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-8C2283AB1CB24691 - Taken by Peace Walker
English Country Tune -- MB-CBEE0B462F30DA06 - Taken by Dipper145
Dear Esther -- MB-2165F54459DE601E - Taken by Mr. Hyde
Oil Rush -- MB-02AC71A621F8A1F2 - Taken by Facism

Fenror

Neo Member
Should i buy antichamber?

• I love puzzle games
  • I don't really care all the much for FPS
  • I do like Portal
  • I do like non-euclidian geometry (I studied maths in Uni)
  • I want to stay within my budget of $50 (lol) so I think I should save it for a game I want much more
  • It will probably go on sale again during the winter sale (I'm patient)
Yes you should.

Think I might actually go for the sale badge this time. Never really bothered with this stuff, but I just bought 3 Dota 2 cards to complete the Dota 2 badge, now I want to keep going : /

EDIT: I sold 2 cards I had though so I only spent 30c to complete it. lol

Blizzard

Banned
I like the subtle Stearn in the thread title.

The store is still crashing for me though, several hours after the sale starts. I hope they add some servers or something.

Quick Bioshock Infinite question: I'm buying the base game. The season pass currently doesn't do anything besides give you a few items, right? I didn't think any of the DLC was released yet.

But the important question is did you send thane into the vents? ;-)

I feel ya. Juggling relationship with the game releases is a pain.

And, brave new world just came out. Fun times.

I don't quite remember whom did what, but everyone survived.

Thank god.

I think that once someone gets a code they should be locked out for some time before they can participate. Something like 30 minutes or an hour, that way more people have a chance to win. But hey, I don't make the rules.

derExperte

Should i buy antichamber?

• I love puzzle games
  • I don't really care all the much for FPS
  • I do like Portal
  • I do like non-euclidian geometry (I studied maths in Uni)
  • I want to stay within my budget of $50 (lol) so I think I should save it for a game I want much more
  • It will probably go on sale again during the winter sale (I'm patient)

You could get hit by a bus before the winter sale. Buy now.

I hope Yesterday goes on sale. I missed it during the past sales due to being broke (damn you college!)

I've been "playing" Scribbles for about an hour and have only gotten one card -_-

Deadbeat

Banned
I think that once someone gets a code they should be locked out for some time before they can participate. Something like 30 minutes or an hour, that way more people have a chance to win. But hey, I don't make the rules.
You didnt read the op did you? Theres a mod bot option that does that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is javascript is it not?

No, ModBot is running in Python in part because the rest of ModBot is running in Python and in part because BeautifulSoup is heavenly and I wouldn't trade it for anything if I was screen scraping. The syntax between the two languages is not dissimilar for this particular command though.

reddmyst

Still Available :)

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NightSky -- MB-D032149BE4DB0BE3

Funny story.

Mass Effect 2 came out on the PS3, yeah? I got it. We were in my dorm room, I was playing the game, having a jolly old time, right? Unbeknownst to me she was behind me, on my bed, naked, trying to get my attention.

She never got it.

Three hours later I get up to piss, see her naked on her DS, and immediately pounce on her only to be promptly knocked off.

Needless to say, Mass Effect almost tore my marriage apart.
Holy shit man, i just can't stop laughing. at least you're still together with her XD

And is GMod still worth getting if I can do medium settings? I guess the crazier stuff and modes like Spacebuild can get pretty performance intensive

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Game #1~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

BAD RATS -- MB-143ECA57B7FDA913 - Taken by javadots

LuuKyK

I have no idea whats going on... How does this ModBot thing even exists here? What are people complaining about a single poster ruining the thread? *lost*

Fracas

#fuckonami
Alright guys, giving away 2 copies of Overlord for Steam. The 1st and 4th person to quote this image of Twinkie The Kid will get a copy.
bmYcPFO.jpg

Only requirements are that you have at least 5 posts in this thread, and haven't won an excessive amount of games today. I'll give the games by buying the copies on Steam and sending them to the winners via email.

Alright guys, giving away 2 copies of Overlord for Steam. The 1st and 4th person to quote this image of Twinkie The Kid will get a copy.
bmYcPFO.jpg

Only requirements are that you have at least 5 posts in this thread, and haven't won an excessive amount of games today. I'll give the games by buying the copies on Steam and sending them to the winners via email.

Quote!

I like seeing people give away stuff here on GAF, so I want to be generous too. I heard this game is cool so I bought it for a lucky gaffer.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.

The Binding of Isaac -- MB-D8E1606C9C3A1A19 - Taken by BHK3

bmYcPFO.jpg

noooooooooooo

Rafy

bmYcPFO.jpg

me

Sajjaja

bmYcPFO.jpg

bmYcPFO.jpg

Petrie

Banned
bmYcPFO.jpg

Quoting to buffer. Such a good game. The winner is in for a treat.

bmYcPFO.jpg

I would care for a copy.

bmYcPFO.jpg

Nice pic. I would love a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom