• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit man, i just can't stop laughing. at least you're still together with her XD

The very mention of Mass Effect makes her angry.

4dL5ziw.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon The Black Fortress -- MB-123246289E2A6CC7

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ah, I have an idea.

Edit: Regardless of rules chosen, you can only win once an hour.

That would be better but still promotes sniping in a sense(atleast until people realize and use blocking). Once per 24 hours for a free game seems fair to me.

I left for 1hr and I'm 30 threads behind, wow. Anyways I gave away my game for the day so I feel good.

I just bought The Last Remnant for myself and I hope it's good. I just gotta wait because my dl speed is 183kb/s ...this may take a while.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's more than just his heart being in the right place. He has actually been one of the major driving forces for multiple relatively unknown games being promoted in the Steam threads, which caused people to take note and buy titles they might not have otherwise even noticed. SpaceChem, Frozen Synapse, Dungeons, his Indie threads, etc. It is what he does, and it is quite wonderful to find compared to lazy repeat questions or a flood of commentary about bots and giveaways.

Compared to earlier threads during Steam Sales, this thread, at least for me, seems to have had FAR less comments about the quality or merits of games, especially little known gems worth mentioning. :(

Yeah but they're not mutually exclusive. He can still discuss whatever he wishes. Arbitrarily choosing not to because ModBot is stealing attention or whatever is a personal decision. The threads move fast enough with or without ModBot that the spotlight isn't going to be on anyone for more than a page or two, just a side effect of GAF getting more and more members. Also why, in the past, much of this discussion has taken place in dedicated indie game/sale gems type threads.

kenta

Has no PEINS
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship (2 Pack Gift) -- MB-D98D528AD4A4715F - Taken by RibbedHero
Good luck, javadots!!!!

IrishNinja

goddamn, i wanted scribblenauts unlimited on WU for that price but shit ain't happenin...also everyone should own Hotline Miami

cicero

Thanks dude :) Good to read something nice after fighting with one of my favourite mods :p
I should just... play a round of Frozen Synapse with Stump to duke it out :p

Community members who are passionate and informed about games they love, especially underappreciated unknown games, has been a major part of what I personally feels makes a Sale/Steam thread really interesting and worthwhile.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

javadots

Banned
Hardy har har, I'm not the only one affected by this you know. It'll be a burden for you hypocrites to want to submit to every game out of desire! So ha! *drinks whiskey*

Dipper145

Once per hour is a great idea. I'm wondering what will happen to the keys on modbot that get buried in this very quickly moving thread

Caerith

Re: the whole discussion vs jawa spam thing, a couple years ago Salsa made a thread about overlooked indie games etc etc, it was pretty fruitful with lots of discussion of the games that people might not know about. Last year, Toma made a separate thread as well (the giveaway thread) that had lots of discussion, since the contests were usually based around games people would not have played otherwise.

Maybe a "hidden gems of the Steam sale" discussion thread might be in order, if it's that big of a deal?

it has to be, if javadots is taking all this games he must be keeping them for selling them after this.
If Javadots was legitimately taking keys to add to his account and legitimately play, I'm sure a quick look at his Steam profile would show these games being added to his account. That would be the quickest way to disprove the "he's just taking keys to sell or trade away" hypothesis.

Unfortunately, he made his profile private when he started whoring up all the keys.

(What's the opposite of "innocuous"?)

RS4-

I left for 1hr and I'm 30 threads behind, wow. Anyways I gave away my game for the day so I feel good.

I just bought The Last Remnant for myself and I hope it's good. I just gotta wait because my dl speed is 183kb/s ...this may take a while.

iirc, there are some PC mods that make the game better than the console versions. Nothing too extreme, but they did help.

Why? I mean... just... why?

You are a brave man to go back for seconds.

Saw it with two different friends, just poor choices all around. Pretty sure I saw Spirits Within twice on opening day as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom