• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 - Make sure you take the time to thank Gabenbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperHans

I just fucked javadots out of the next hour with BAD RATS. Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Haha its a Rat Trap and he's been caught.

9e8ikKz.png

Regardless of rules chosen, you can only win once an hour.

Edit: LOL @ Corto digging up my most menacing photo ever!
So you can win now if you were part of the beta testing?

---
And is GMod still worth getting if I can do medium settings? I imagine the more complex possibilities and modes like Spacebuild can get pretty performance intensive. I can HL2 on medium/high though

Freki

Hardy har har, I'm not the only one affected by this you know. It'll be a burden for you hypocrites to want to submit to every game out of desire! So ha! *drinks whiskey*

I think the rest here will be fine - thankfully most of the people here are better than you and have a shred of decency left in them...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

warhammer 40,000 -- MB-546D7C16B380679D - Taken by MisterLuffy

bonesquad

Honestly, I'm surprised more people than just dots didn't create scripts to monitor this thread for ModBot posts. Or maybe they did and his is just more efficient...

Hey, I just got an iOS notification that the Steam Summer Sale is on!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hmmmm...to Bioshock Infinite or not to Bioshock Infinite. Are there better deals elsewhere? Not exactly a great discount.

Greenmangaming if you can use it, there's a 20% extra code that works with it iirc.

EDIT: Maybe it doesn't, I just tried it and it said it was unable to add the voucher. I don't know if that means its invalid or if I typed it wrong.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Re: the whole discussion vs jawa spam thing, a couple years ago Salsa made a thread about overlooked indie games etc etc, it was pretty fruitful with lots of discussion of the games that people might not know about. Last year, Toma made a separate thread as well (the giveaway thread) that had lots of discussion, since the contests were usually based around games people would not have played otherwise.

Maybe a "hidden gems of the Steam sale" discussion thread might be in order, if it's that big of a deal?

If Javadots was legitimately taking keys to add to his account and legitimately play, I'm sure a quick look at his Steam profile would show these games being added to his account. That would be the quickest way to disprove the "he's just taking keys to sell or trade away" hypothesis.

Unfortunately, he made his profile private when he started whoring up all the keys.

(What's the opposite of "innocuous"?)

This is why we can't have nice things.

iirc, there are some PC mods that make the game better than the console versions. Nothing too extreme, but they did help.

I'll look for them immediately then. The game looked good and reviewers seemed to like it as well, but it does have that unpolished look to it.

koolaroo

Dude you're just angry because I didn't give you Bioshock Infinite after begging me ever so long. It's not cool to ban me over it man.

I have nothing against you getting the games (well I do) seeing as people didn't blacklist you but you are being really smug and anti-community.

Starviper

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

warhammer 40,000 -- MB-546D7C16B380679D

Lol @ blocklist

Got one more to give away. This time C&C: Red Alert 3
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Red Alert 3 -- MB-2E54CE52A255B24F - Taken by louiedog

Haunted

I haven't seen a thread lynch mob rally against a single poster in such force since the GAF bingo thread earlier this year.

I personally would like to see the ModBot stuff moved to either the SteamTrading or SteamGifting thread. It clogs up the actually Steam community thread too much. There are people here who's opinions I value, and enjoy reading (especially about slightly obscure games in the sales). At the moment its hard to keep up with the thread as it's too ModBot centric.

Rules for this Giveaway:

warhammer 40,000 -- MB-546D7C16B380679D - Taken by MisterLuffy

Yay! Finally I won something.

Whools

Thinking of picking up to th moon for 70% off and Time gentleman please for 90% off, neither are daily deals but pretty good, worth it? The temptation is all the higher because they sum to the exact amount left in my steam wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom