• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've always been tempted to get Sins of the Solar Empire Rebellion, as it doesn't look like one of those 4X type strategy games (Like Endless Space). It seems to have a more "omph" to it. Should I purchase, as I'm still wanting something to itch that space sim desire.

Dec

Currently installing Ys I. Is it working with the 360 controller ?

Yes. Played it to completion in one sitting yesterday. Pretty fantastic, but have a walkthrough to check before leaving an area to be 100% sure you didn't miss something that will break the game.

Tenrius

Steam is great: I can play Metroid Prime in another room while idling for cards. I don't even need to be close to the computer, what convenience!

Once you actually try to spend your bells in real life, you're in for a terrible surprise.

ofdf0asw1hk.jpg
Ooooooh.

I've always been tempted to get Sins of the Solar Empire Rebellion, as it doesn't look like one of those 4X type strategy games (Like Endless Space). It seems to have a more "omph" to it. Should I purchase, as I'm still wanting something to itch that space sim desire.
It's faster paced because it's real-time vs most others being turn based. I don't know if that's the oomph, but it's a lot of fun sending a giant fleet into an enemy's colony and watching them battle.

jtb

Banned
No. That's Sins Trinity. Rebellions is a separate stand alone expansion game.

is there any reason to get Trinity over Rebellion? (or vice versa?)

interested in doing a 4-pack? I'm also thinking of getting Sins

That looks awesome.

When you're able to pull of your first double envelopment and watch the enemy's supplies dwindle to the point where it becomes more a turkey shoot than a war... my god man. Start feeling like this guy:

MV5BMTI5ODQ5MDgzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA5NzE5._V1_SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

Or for you brits:

250px-Bernard_Law_Montgomery.jpg

So good. So, so good.

is there any reason to get Trinity over Rebellion? (or vice versa?)

Rebellion is the latest version [with all of Trinity's content, new ships, new graphical effects, balance tweaks and Steamworks multiplayer]. The only reason to purchase Trinity would be to get a basic idea of the franchise at a cheaper price, or to play multiplayer with someone else who only has Trinity.

Tecl0n

That's because it's not a "true" 4X, it's micromagement while there and economy sustainability is not as complex as other space 4X, think it as a very big in scope RTS, and a VERY good one at that, buy it, treasure it. Also, Mods, MODS.

jtb

Banned
Rebellion is the latest version [with all of Trinity's content, new ships, new graphical effects and Steamworks multiplayer]. The only reason to purchase Trinity would be to get a basic idea of the franchise at a cheaper price, or to play multiplayer with someone else who only has Trinity.

No. Trinity has some interesting expansions for people who play a specific way but Rebellion is the way to go.

perfect, just what I wanted to hear. thank you!

Def Jukie

What's the word on Dust? Art looks good technically but I really can't get into the style. I could overlook it if the gameplay is amazing. Is it a metroidvania type of game?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, going off to bed. You people continue to sell Reus for anyone in doubt for me please :p

Post template!
screen1.jpg

It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

Because Adventure games

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Post Mortem -- MB-B0E9D12FB91CCD42 - Taken by Dipper145

I've owned this since a long time ago and haven't played it yet. Maybe you will?

Avallon

hey Toma should people get Reus watchu think

I know people are saying buy buy buy, but how varied is the gameplay in Reus? I watched the Quicklook a while back and looked like a bit of a one-trick-pony. Are there tons of upgrades and units and stuff? Multiple maps?

Mordeccai

So I just played Reus, the first three tutorials.

This is a very cool little game. My steam budget is very limited, but I am glad I spend 5 dollars on this game. I love the art design of the giants, they could totally be my bros if they lived in our world.

Was also fun to watch a village get greedy and just wreck their shit by building a mountain on them. Greedy bastards. Do not tempt the wrath of giants!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Good day everyone. What have I missed since I was gone?

(Other than the limited timed release of Half life 3, and the glitch where all games were only a single euro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom