• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Now I just want the LucasArts Adventure Pack and Vampire Bloodlines to be cheap, and I'll be a happy (and broke) man.

In fact, I'm quite curious about the 39 Steps "game" adaptation too, 75% off would be nice.

I was a little surprised the adventure pack was only at 33%. Every single sale it has been at 50%, and every single sale I would say, "Eh, I can get it some other day." Then that day comes and it's 33%.

Terra_Ex

I was a little surprised the adventure pack was only at 33%. Every single sale it has been at 50%, and every single sale I would say, "Eh, I can get it some other day." Then that day comes and it's 33%.

You and me both, this was going to be sale I'd pull the trigger on that pack, now I probably won't on principle.

WolvenOne

Okay, so far I've grabbed.

Fez, Tomb Raider, Dust, and AAAAAAAHHHHahhhAHAHahhahaHH~!

Now all I have to do is grab Y's collection, and I'll have all the titles I wanted to grab during the summer sale.

chugen

Why does this happen on a regular basis to a lot of people here?

0hUHS.gif

Zushin

Quite pleased with what I've picked up in this sale thus far.

- Bioshock 2
- Antichamber
- FEZ
- Tomb Raider 1-6
- Tomb Raider Underworld
- Universe Sandbox
(lol)
- Fallout NV: Ultimate
- Mirrors Edge
- Max Payne 1 + 2

Also got both Batman Games GOTY from GMG the other day.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have to assume that some people just dont categorise their game libraries properly, and dont use enhanced steam.

Or have more than 600 games and buy every Indie Bundle out there and put them all under a "Indie" category on Steam.

Hey, at least that's how it works for me.

Leonsito

Or have more than 600 games and buy every Indie Bundle out there and put them all under a "Indie" category on Steam.

Pretty much what happened to me today with Organ Trail, I already had it hidden on my huge Indie category lol

To anyone on the fence about Killing Floor you should definitely buy it. It has some of the most satisfying shooting and weapons of any FPS game I've played this gen. At that price it's a steal too.

Cheddahz

Banned
This is all I have picked up so far

- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- System Shock 2
- X-Com: Enemy Unknown (gift)
- Spec Ops: The Line (gift)
- McPixel (gift)

metalshade

I only have just under 200, I didnt realise enhanced steam had a limit, sorry.
But still, organisation is key.

Owned by Disney now.

I wouldn't be surprised if no Lucasarts title ever gets a discount greater than that on any service ever again.

Prophane33

That's exactly what I was doing until I took the time out to organize them under individual bundles.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Owned by Disney now.

I wouldn't be surprised if no Lucasarts title ever gets a discount greater than that on any service ever again.

I was a little concerned about that. I REALLY hope that's not the case, though I imagine most of the game IPs are going to be pushed back into the vault and ignored forever.

I look forward to the 22nd and the Sale ends. Who will go on to play their newly bought games and who will let them rot in their backlog for eternity.... That is the true question. I'm trying to at least play through an hour or so of every game I buy before I buy another one.

Panda Rin

How friendly and active is the NS2 community? I'm totally new to this sort of gameplay, and after watching some footage, it looks like a really fun game.

mug

Pickups so far:

Surgeon Simulator
Monaco
Gunpoint

Waiting to buy:

Fez
Killing Floor

only played SS so far and it's quite an entertaining/bizarre/addicting game.

Volotaire

Thank you very much for all of your hard work in hosting a 4-Pack of Terraria for your fellow GAFers. I appreciate it.

Haha my timing was unlucky, maybe I should wait after the daily deals start in the future to avoid steam servers crashing and all that.

Karu

Just came home...

Seems like there are some nice deals. Thinking about Terraria, Dust & Reus.
Probably just Dust though - looks amazing!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if anyone remembers the Steam launch of Half-Life 2 in 2004, but I do.

Half-Life 3 launch won't be pretty, dear Jesus.
How would I remember? I wasn't even born back then.

little 13 years old me was too busy waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to care about random games like HL2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom