• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Hidden Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Ok question, since i'm not going to be buying ALL those games. Doesn't anyone have recommendations for like the best 5-10 on that list?

Forkball

I recommend Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ to everyone if you like Pac-Man, but wish the game was completely insane and had a rainbow throw up all over it.

Yakkue

Ok question, since i'm not going to be buying ALL those games. Doesn't anyone have recommendations for like the best 5-10 on that list?

I'd say that depends on what kind of game you like.
I personally would recommend The Last Remnant and Toki Tori 2+ highly.

Other than that, I've seen the following games from this list recommended a lot (but I don't own them myself):
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -
PixelJunk Shooter
Sid Meier's Pirates

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Obviously now is prime time for the topic as the sale no longer has any deals and the sale goes off in about 22 hours.

Tellaerin

The Patricians and Merchants bundle (Darkstar One, Patrician III, and The Great Art Race) is on sale for $1.59 (80% off), which is less than buying Darkstar One by itself right now. (Darkstar One's on sale for $2.49 (75% off).)

Don't know about the other two games, but Darkstar One's a pretty decent space combat/trading game (with more emphasis on the combat than the trading) and the reviews for the other two make them sound pretty good, too. Might be worth a look.

Sulla1980

The Patricians and Merchants bundle (Darkstar One, Patrician III, and The Great Art Race) is on sale for $1.59 (80% off), which is less than buying Darkstar One by itself right now. (Darkstar One's on sale for $2.49 (75% off).)

Don't know about the other two games, but Darkstar One's a pretty decent space combat/trading game (with more emphasis on the combat than the trading) and the reviews for the other two make them sound pretty good, too. Might be worth a look.

Thanks, Darkstar One has been in my wishlist for awhile. I know that there is a newer Patrician game, but it looks like III will satisfy my need to act out my Patrician digital lifestyle

L Thammy

On the fence about Onimusha 3. Haven't played an classic RE-style game since 1996, and Devil May Cry 3 for PC took some work to fix.

Enco

Is enslaved a good port?
Just played for a few mins and so far it seems ok.

There are very very few video options but it runs nicely. Graphics are decent for a game so old. Wont blow your mind though.

Runs smoothly and from the few minutes I played it seems fine.

L Thammy

Neither game was ported by Ubisoft. They were ported by a Japanese company called Sourcenext. Resident Evil 4 as well. None of them are good.

Wait, why is Ubisoft distributing patches, then? Anyway, I think DMC3 is worth the hassle if you don't have a PS2, not sure about Onimusha 3.

tmarques

Is enslaved a good port?

It looks good and runs well on low-end machines, but it's kind of buggy. Not sure how the console versions are, but I'm halfway through and I've had to reload the last checkpoint at least 4 times. Twice because a particular boss would get stuck in a wall and become invincible, once because the secondary character fell through the floor and once because enemies I had to kill never spawned (and I only discovered what was going on after 45 minutes of walking around and finally resorting to a walkthrough). It's not the end of the world, but I'm kind of afraid the game will auto-save (there's only one save spot) after one of these glitches and I'll be screwed.

Any "cute platformers" up in this mug? I'm looking for something fir my sister.

the Bit.Trip Runner games are pretty cute, and aren't so difficult that the difficulty gets in the way of the cuteness.

I found They Bleed Pixels' protagonist cute, even when she transforms into a purple creature with bloody claws

Jørdan

BC Kings (85%) is a competent RTS with.a Warcraft vibe.

bmrgpaS.png

Arthea

oh my... I forgot to buy Onimusha...
and I really can't spend anything anymore. Should have bought it first day when I found it discounted, it was obvious it won't be daily or flash anyway. That will teach me (><)

Tizoc

I completely forgot to mention it because I don't think it went on a deeper discount but:
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is a great rpg+match 3 hybrid, and if you're in need of a little cash to get na extra card, consider grabbing it during the sale.

Cronox

Banned
On a whim, I bought Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action. It's on sale for $3.49 from $9.99.

It's pretty damn fun. Surprised I'd never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74OjNt16o3I

Watching that makes me sad that the Dishwasher games are still stuck on XBLA and not on PC. They were as close to playing a 2D Ninja Gaiden Black as I've seen, which is what this game seems to be attempting also, though its enemies take significantly more hits.

Corpekata

Banned
Watching that makes me sad that the Dishwasher games are still stuck on XBLA and not on PC. They were as close to playing a 2D Ninja Gaiden Black as I've seen, which is what this game seems to be attempting also, though its enemies take significantly more hits.

They've announced a PC port. Just seem to not be actually making it very fast.

I completely forgot to mention it because I don't think it went on a deeper discount but:
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is a great rpg+match 3 hybrid, and if you're in need of a little cash to get na extra card, consider grabbing it during the sale.

awesome game and made by gaffers at capy

Best fun local coop games? I've been playing the soccer minigame in Rayman Legends with my brother and I miss the dumb/hilarious moments that come from games like that. Used to play fuzion frenzy, mario party, that mini game from Mr. Mosquito a lot back in the day.

Any recs?

Best fun local coop games? I've been playing the soccer minigame in Rayman Legends with my brother and I miss the dumb/hilarious moments that come from games like that. Used to play fuzion frenzy, mario party, that mini game from Mr. Mosquito a lot back in the day.

Any recs?

obviously Towerfall Ascension, which is totally bonkers and tons of fun

Speedrunners is lots of chaotic local MP fun, too

Nidhogg is fantastic but might be a bit limited in what you're looking for if you want longer playtimes

obviously Towerfall Ascension, which is totally bonkers and tons of fun

Speedrunners is lots of chaotic local MP fun, too

Nidhogg is fantastic but might be a bit limited in what you're looking for if you want longer playtimes

I play a lot speddrunners with my daughter, is seven years old but the mechanics of the game are pretty simple and we have a lot of fun, i bought Nidhogg in this sale to give it a try with her, i love the amount of this games that are appearing this days, they´re fun an easy to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom