• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Hidden Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Awesome. I finally picked up Velvet Assassin because of this thread.

Django+Unchained+isn+t+a+remake+of+Django+in+the+same+_ac9e0083cf1c63385e8b3cca4e7c7bf2.jpg

#BusinessIsGood

Effect

Never finished The Last Remnant on the Xbox 360. I stupidly got rid of my copy years ago and have regretted ever since. So for $2.50 I couldn't pass it up. Even if I might never get around to playing it again at least this way I'll have it in my collection to play now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Danmaku Unlimited 2 is worth getting for ~$3 if you're a fan of bullet hell/SHMUP's in general.

Since it and Ikaruga are on sale, get this for cheap and wait for Ikaurga to hit a possible flash/daily/end of sale rush.

bbdude

I picked up Pac-Man and wow this game is super fun.... I've only ever played the demo of Pac-Man CE in the past. I like how it goes into slo-mo as you approach the ghosts. Makes me feel better about being terrible at games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd add Magicka: Wizard War's Flaming Hel Rider Pack to the list. It's 67% off for the duration of the sale and the phrasing suggests it'll disappear once Steam has resumed regular programming. If people come across similar LTO offers I'd appreciate a heads up, too, as I'm a sucker for things that are liable to be pulled.

Eusis

This is how I look at it:

75% off or higher, buy it now.

If the unlikely occurrence of a bought item dropped in price lower then 75% it's going to be pennies, anything labeled 50% is most likely going to see a daily deal, if anything was missed by the last day I buy what's missing.
Well, some stuff seems high profile enough (and with a high enough base cost) that holding out is worth it, notably with Payday 2. Though that kind of has DLC too as I recall.

SparkTR

Man of Prey is currently $5, XCOM-like TBS game set in a Stalker-esque post apocalyptic world. On another note I really wish they'd put The Precursors and White Gold 2 on Steam.

Cuddler

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is 75% off - 3,75€
Supposedly this is the good one, I've bought it but not played the game yet. I doubt it was any cheaper and if it was it wasn't by much.

I bought it because I'm a sucker for crappy 3D platformers, and the game is unfortunately locked at 30fps :(

Anyone has recommendations for other cheapo 3D platformers?
Any 3D platformers out there that someone would recommend?

No matter how crappy!
Mini Ninjas is 50% off - 4,99€
Personally I'm waiting for it to be 75% off.

yesss I was hoping for this thread, I love the hidden gems <3

Super Puzzle Platformer looks mighty appealing, I might bite at some point

also the sequel to a popular flash RTS, Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal, is 60% off at $5.99. Graphics are pretty barebones but if the gameplay appeals to you there is a lot of content (as in, thousands of included levels, a random level generator, and community stuff) that will last a while. The original can be played here.

Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando: Rearmed are both $2.49, they'll likely never go cheaper than that as it's been their standard sale price for a few sales now.

Both games are amazing for different reasons. Rearmed is a classic and one of the best remakes out there of anything, with one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Bionic Commando 09 is really unique TPS no one should pass up on, instead of cover mechanics there's a focus on maneuvering around the stage, being on the move, and really making the most of your arm. It has a few low points, but stick with it. Spiderman with guns.

On a side note, Bionic Commando 09 has some extremely entertaining multiplayer if you can grab a few friends over Hamachi (the games online hasn't been functional for years). Also, you can save (exactly) a penny by buying them individually instead of buying the package.

Here's an excellent trailer(?) you won't find on the Steam store.

GO! GO! GO! BIONIC!

oti

Banned
Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando: Rearmed are both $2.50, they'll likely never go cheaper than that, as it's been their standard sale price for a few sales now.

Both games are amazing for different reasons. Rearmed is a classic and one of the best remakes out there, with one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Bionic Commando 09 is really unique TPS no one should pass up on. It has a few low points, but stick with it. Spiderman with guns. On a side note, Bionic Commando 09 has some extremely entertaining multiplayer if you can grab a few friends over Hamachi (the games online hasn't been functional for years). Also, you can save (exactly) a penny by buying them individually instead of buying the package.

Here's an excellent trailer(?) you won't find on the Steam store.

GO! GO! GO! BIONIC!

The 2D one, yes, always wanted to play that. The 3D game, I don't know.

Hey Dusk, just wanted to say good job on the thread. Must have been a bit time consuming. Gonna pick up Onimusha 3 and Lost Planet. Does anyone know if Onimusha 3 works with a controller like any good, standard PC ported game of the last 6 years?

I picked up Pac-Man and wow this game is super fun.... I've only ever played the demo of Pac-Man CE in the past. I like how it goes into slo-mo as you approach the ghosts. Makes me feel better about being terrible at games

The original Pac-Man Championship Edition is available as part of Pac-Man Museum, which 75% off at $4.99 right now. Like Enslaved, be cautious, it could be a daily.

Note that the Ms. Pac-Man DLC
why is it DLC
is only half off, and that the version of Pac-Man Arrangement in the package is not the 90s arcade version.

Hey Dusk, just wanted to say good job on the thread. Must have been a bit time consuming. Gonna pick up Onimusha 3 and Lost Planet. Does anyone know if Onimusha 3 works with a controller like any good, standard PC ported game of the last 6 years?

Onimusha 3 was ported around the time Capcom was outsourcing their ports to those terrible people that did RE4 (the first PC port) and DMC3. I haven't tried it myself but based on those two, it's probably an awful port all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom