• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Hidden Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam fucking sucks sometimes.

I added numerous games to my shopping cart, and then I went to add funds to my account to make this (and future) purchases, and my cart gets wiped out and I have to start over. This has happened to me several times. They need to fix that shit.

Telecinision

Neo Member
Oh wow, an Onimusha game on Steam? Its the one with Jean Reno to boot! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Edit: Nevermind, time to scale back that excitement. People are saying its a horrible port. My heart hurts.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Everyone who hasn't bought Rock of Ages should.

It's TWO DOLLARS and an incredibly creative twist of mixing two genres. It's from the creators of Zeno Clash.

You are Sisyphus and control a giant boulder. You have to get to the bottom of the hill to smash down a door and destroy the enemy hiding behind it.

Meanwhile the enemy is doing the same.

Everytime you hit the door with your boulder you've gotta wait for a new boulder to get built so you can hit the door again. While it's being built, you go top down RTS style and put up traps and stopgaps for your enemy as the enemy does the same.

Also, all of the art is taking examples from classic pieces of famous art and ripping it into the game as characters and looks lovely. It's also really funny.

I cannot recommend this game enough. The single player is fantastic. The competitive multiplayer is a blast. The mix of the genres goes together so smoothly and it's an absolute treat front to back. It can actually get pretty tough at times too, for those who like a challenge. Properly utilizing blockades, war elephants, catapults, bombs, etc etc becomes pretty vital.

And it works with GeDoSaTo!

screenshot_2014_06_22_22_03_11_by_aloo81-d7njqfa.jpg

screenshot_2014_06_22_22_01_15_by_aloo81-d7njqca.jpg

screenshot_2014_06_22_22_07_50_by_aloo81-d7njqbn.jpg

Seriously, you should check it out. It's worth your time, and definitely worth at least 2 bucks.

Although not at its historical low of $1.34 (80% off), at $1.74 for Super House of Dead Ninja's, I've been having an absolute blast with it. Really fast paced platformer with solid controls and game design.

My favourite thing is the random slowdown thing that happens when there's too much sprite action going on. The throwback to consoles of the 90's is genius (Loading Blast Processing in particular).

NewFresh

Everyone who hasn't bought Rock of Ages should.

It's TWO DOLLARS and an incredibly creative twist of mixing two genres. It's from the creators of Zeno Clash.

You are Sisyphus and control a giant boulder. You have to get to the bottom of the hill to smash down a door and destroy the enemy hiding behind it.

Meanwhile the enemy is doing the same.

Everytime you hit the door with your boulder you've gotta wait for a new boulder to get built so you can hit the door again. While it's being built, you go top down RTS style and put up traps and stopgaps for your enemy as the enemy does the same.

Also, all of the art is taking examples from classic pieces of famous art and ripping it into the game as characters and looks lovely. It's also really funny.

I cannot recommend this game enough. The single player is fantastic. The competitive multiplayer is a blast. The mix of the genres goes together so smoothly and it's an absolute treat front to back. It can actually get pretty tough at times too, for those who like a challenge. Properly utilizing blockades, war elephants, catapults, bombs, etc etc becomes pretty vital.

And it works with GeDoSaTo!

Seriously, you should check it out. It's worth your time, and definitely worth at least 2 bucks.

I will second this recommendation. The game is fun and hilarious. The feeling of going that door at full speed is so incredibly satisfying.

Fjord

Thought I'd look up one of my favourite games, Defense Grid. Yep, 75% off!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18500/

$2.50 or $5.00 with all DLC. The DLC is good.

I have reinstalled this game half a dozen times, up to 38 hours played now. It has fantastic dev support as evidenced by all the DLC and fun minigames they run. I won a Razor mouse from them!

The graphics are fairly sharp and it's simply the best Tower Defense I've played. There are campaigns with full voiceovers, including a Portal tie-in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bkewdgjKA Face off against GLaDOS

Really looking forward to Defense Grid 2 which'll have co-op.

Facism

Thought I'd look up one of my favourite games, Defense Grid. Yep, 75% off!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18500/

$2.50 or $5.00 with all DLC. The DLC is good.

I have reinstalled this game half a dozen times, up to 38 hours played now. It has fantastic dev support as evidenced by all the DLC and fun minigames they run. I won a Razor mouse from them!

The graphics are fairly sharp and it's simply the best Tower Defense I've played. There are campaigns with full voiceovers, including a Portal tie-in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bkewdgjKA Face off against GLaDOS

Really looking forward to Defense Grid 2 which'll have co-op.

loved the first one, will grab the dlc i think. Is it decent?

Chariot

Cloudbuilt vs Vampire Masquerade vs Enslaved

Which will give you more hours of fun?
Vampire the Masquerade. Even if the main story don't change, you can play it at least one time again with another clan. It's interesting got get the different nuances. Especialy Malk.

O.DOGG

Cloudbuilt vs Vampire Masquerade vs Enslaved

Which will give you more hours of fun?

I'd say go for Enslaved. Excellent voice acting and interesting characters + pretty graphics. I am currently replaying it and enjoying every moment.

Enco

Thanks guys.

I accidentally posted in the wrong thread the first time so now I have replies from this and the main thread.

Vampires seems to hold the majority. I'll probably end up picking Vampires as well as Enslaved.

BJK

Will be getting Sid Meyer's Pirates and The Last Remnant on Sunday night, giving them every chance to be flash sales / community choice / dailies.

Thanks for the list OP.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
39 hours until all sales go off, some sales will go off sale in 15 hours (some regular sales ending on the 29th).

Ceebs

Orcs Must Die Franchise Pack on flash sale for 7 dollars or OMD2 for 3 bucks. Bargain for hours of fantastic game.

The Pinball Arcade season passes for season 1 and 2 are both on sale for 25% and 10% off. I am pretty sure it's the first time they have ever been on sale.

Ban Puncher

The Pinball Arcade season passes for season 1 and 2 are both on sale for 25% and 10% off. I am pretty sure it's the first time they have ever been on sale.

You can also get the Launch Pack tables (Theatre of Magic, Black Hole and Ripley's Believe or Not) in game for $0.01 during the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom