• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
If I didn't really like Pillars of Eternity due to the conbat, is there still a chance I might like Tyranny or Torment: ToN? Even if it isn't much different, I can get passed it if the exploration and atmosphere is interesting enough.

Torment has very little combat and you can get through most of it without actually fighting.

iiicon

I think I'm gonna lay low this sale, at least until the Humble Monthly comes through. My list of immediate wants is low at the moment anyway.

A friend gifted me Virginia and Botanicula so that's this weekend sorted.

So stickers aren't tradable and we can't get all of them at the end of the sale and they will expire too. Why do we need to save them if they gonna expire? Do we get a permanent background at the end?

Vibranium

Banned
Got a few great games, I think I'm done. Oxenfree and Pony Island look really interesting.

I know it's been said countless times before, but these Steam sales just aren't what they used to be.

This has been said the last 3 years, haha. People have to learn to deal with it, publishers and devs want higher prices due to the digital future, they aren't going to change. There are ways around it through third-party stores of course.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
What did people think of Cosmic Star Heroine?

I thought it was a really fun game for awhile, but at launch there were a bunch of bugs that were pretty game breaking for me and I ended up dropping it and never finishing it. I would imagine there are fixes by now though.

But the music is really good, the sprites and environments are really good and the combat is okay.

Zeeman

Anyone have thoughts on Stories: The Path of Destinies? It's on my wish list and it looks stylish as hell, but wondering how fun it is.

Miletius

If I didn't really like Pillars of Eternity due to the conbat, is there still a chance I might like Tyranny or Torment: ToN? Even if it isn't much different, I can get passed it if the exploration and atmosphere is interesting enough.

What didn't you like about Pillars Combat? Tyranny is mostly the same, but replaces a cast based system (mostly) with cooldown and skill based system. The engagement rules (which some people hated) are still there.

You could just play on easy, which makes combat a walk in the park. Personally I think Tyranny has a better story than Pillars. It's worth a playthrough, but without combat... it's hard to say. You might feel like you're getting 1/2 of a game. There is quite a bit of combat, and even playing a diplomat type you're gonna have to fight quite a bit.

Question: Is DE: Mankind Divided good enough without the DLC or should I pick that up. Kind of tempted.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What did people think of Cosmic Star Heroine?

Game is wonderful. Battles are interesting and the story doesn't drag on. The game is maybe 15hours or so? If you like a challenge I recommend playing on the Heroine difficulty (it is not actually akin to Hard as it might seem), but the battles will then require some thinking and that makes the difference IMO. The battle system is deep enough and the roster varied enough that you'll have to constantly approach battles differently. The game avoids having much in the way a "trash" encounters.

Great game, REALLY great music.

I have Witcher 3 Vanilla on GOG and want all the expansions. Is it more cheaper for me to just double dip on the Steam Complete edition at this point?

Mikurden

I know it's been said countless times before, but these Steam sales just aren't what they used to be.
image.php

Parsnip

Wait, Firewatch is now at -55%, what's the deal with the deals these days? No more larger discounts right?

No dailies, so that's what it's going to be.

Unless they do something weird like Ubisoft did that one year (at least) and had their own franchise "dailies".

KarmaCow

Is the store still fucked or am I getting something unrelated that makes it impossible to add games to the cart? Not sure what's going on.

edit: well I guess it isn't just me

Madventure

People, recommended me something like Diablo. Torchlight still the king?

Grim Dawn!

Path of Exile is alright too, but I played through it after being a hardcore D2 fan, I ended up being disappointed with Diablo3 I just couldn't get into it when looking for a new ARPG

I have friends with several thousand hours in POE, so I am going to give it another chance when they release their expansion (Or whatever it really is 6 new acts)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've updated the OP with actually relevant information to the sale.

Tizoc, that was... bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom