• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Try to see if you can find someone with a 75% off SS3 coupon. Gave mine to a friend at the start of the sale, letting him get the game for $4.
They disabled the SS3 coupon from stacking with this sale at the request of the publisher.

What would you cut gaf?

rJCei.jpg

The Hitman games, they haven't aged well.

Fireblend

Banned
Whats the specs of your PC and number of RAM eating processes you're running?!
Not running anything more than Skyrim, my computer should be able to handle Skyrim without any issue; i7 core, 8GBs of RAM, Radeon HD 6970... And as I said, it runs flawlessly until the crash.

Anyway, I verified the file integrity and it seems to be working fine right now. I'll see if that fixed it, surely hope so!

jarosh

Yeah I've had my eye on it too and was planning on picking it up this sale. One question though: How difficult is it? I know you mentioned some wonky controls and hit detection but aside from that is it a tough game?
I did die a bunch of times but I haven't lost all my lives yet. It definitely gets more challenging, especially in the later worlds and if you're trying to collect everything. But it's no Super Meat Boy.

Everyone should get Bastion if you don't have it already (though it was in a Humble Bundle). Definitely a top-tier game from 2011 for me. Played it all in one sitting - it was magnificent.

Certainly it will play better with a 360 pad, but I played KB+M and it was still serviceable.

I may pick up the soundtrack myself. Definitely a highlight of the game.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I did die a bunch of times but I haven't lost all my lives yet. It definitely gets more challenging, especially in the later worlds and if you're trying to collect everything. But it's no Super Meat Boy.

I was asking because I was thinking about co-op with my fiancee and was thinking she might find the game too difficult. Have you tried the co-op? Is it same machine or would she need her own copy?

Kouriozan

Erf, I already bought Bastion twice, hopefully Dungeon Defenders will show up again (don't know if it can) before the end of the sales.

Jzero

The Walking Dead looks so freaken awesome and i already ran out of money, oh well there's always the winter sale.

It is like braid in the sense that you do need to solve puzzles BUT less obtuse and stupid. Now the puzzles in Vessel can be quite frustrating to say the least but when you finally solve each puzzle, it is just such an amazing feeling considering that all you have to solve the puzzles with are Physics itself, water, lava, and a suction feature on your water cannon.

Edit: What i also like about the game is that the DEV him or herself is active on the Vessel forums on the steam website and i found a game crashing bug in the game, so i reported it on the forum and the DEV had it patched within a few days which i think is great!

I didn't find Braid obtuse or stupid so you are are not really selling it to me since what I saw of it wasn't that remarkable. But it's nice that they have good support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom