• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
What would you cut gaf?

rJCei.jpg

Honestly? The first 3 items on that list including Vessel.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Dungeon Defenders. We were so close! Still, Bastion is a wonderful game that everyone should buy, no doubt.

I have a few extra DunDef codes lying around. The first three people to quote this will get Dungeon Defenders or any DLC code on Steam. Your choice. :^)

jarosh

I was asking because I was thinking about co-op with my fiancee and was thinking she might find the game too difficult. Have you tried the co-op? Is it same machine or would she need her own copy?
I'm 99% sure it's same-screen co-op. You can probably find a Youtube video of the co-op mode. Game was also on XBLIG.

gotee12

Gotee12, Steam friend to all....

add me you fools

On topic, the last thing I need to see go on daily sale is The Sims. The current 50% is still more than I want to pay
to EA
. I'm concerned with Origin out that I probably won't see Sims any cheaper on Steam...

MRORANGE

Thanks to everyone who voted for Dungeon Defenders. We were so close! Still, Bastion is a wonderful game that everyone should buy, no doubt.

I have a few extra DunDef codes lying around. The first three people to quote this will get Dungeon Defenders or any DLC code on Steam. Your choice. :^)

me lol? never got any of the DLC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So i fire up Tropico 4, as i'm sure many tens of thousands of people are doing tonight, and i get stopped by a registration screen, i fill in my usual bullshit "i do not trust you with my info" info and am stopped by a "you must follow the info in the email we sent you" message.

683f9891-e4c2-4729-a932-f66cbf97aca6

I would not have bought it if i had known. I fucking HATE PC gaming sometimes.

mailinator.com disposable email address

I have a few extra DunDef codes lying around. The first three people to PM me will get Dungeon Defenders or any DLC code on Steam. Your choice. :^)

Dlc code!

Edit Ahahaha the post changed on me.

gotee12

DD please!

(will my reply post this time?)

Levyne

Banned

I have a few extra DunDef codes lying around. The first three people to PM me will get Dungeon Defenders or any DLC code on Steam. Your choice. :^)

test

edit: lol of course I am 4th

Bought Batman Arkham Asylum and City.
booting up Asylum for the first time. GFWL, FML. really is one of the most abrasive game services ever, i freaking hate it. sigh.
oh well. stocked to own the best Batman games ever.

Well, finished Episode one of Back to the Future already, so at least I'm playing what I've bought (for now).

A lot shorter than I remember the Sam and Max season one episodes being, which until this have been only episodic Telltale adventure games I actually finished. The puzzles were super straight forward and were basically solved by accident of due diligence and one section seemed buggy and/or required an unreasonable amount of standing around and doing nothing in a specific area that had me thinking "fuck adventure games." All in all, I wasn't very impressed, but the story is good enough to have me wanting to go directly into episode 2.

epmode

It's nice to finally see some Vessel love. For anyone who's still on the fence, I'll just repost my (slightly edited) description from earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39847329&postcount=7762

//-------------------

It's a physics-based puzzle platformer with a whole lot of fluid simulation going on. To get this out of the way early, it can get janky, like most other physics-based games.

What impresses me is the care that's put into the whole package. New ideas are taught using subtle Valve-style tutorials and it has an excellent difficulty curve. Even if you get stumped, you can skip most individual puzzles and come back later using a handy shortcut system (similar to Braid).

I also really like how almost nothing in the game is scripted. This is difficult to explain without seeing the game... You know how Deus Ex or Thief feels more like a simulation than a scripted game? How you have to use your tools to exploit a level that would continue humming along without the player character? Vessel has the same vibe. The puzzle elements themselves are physically simulated, the AI behavior is very predictable, etc.

And while the art style isn't going to win any awards, it works in motion. Lots of spinning cogs, pistons, swaying trees, rain/steam/lava flying everywhere..

And oh god the music is beautiful. You don't even know. The songs are even mixed based on what's happening onscreen (kind of like SSX).

So your enjoyment of the game will primarily depend on your jank tolerance. If you can get over the occasional physics-based annoyance, there's a lot to love. It reminds me of those diamond-in-the-rough Eastern European RPGs*

*Play Risen!

I got Legend of Grimrock, a game I've had my eyes on for a while. Got stumped in the first 5 minutes, a good sign.

I really want Walking Dead but I think I'll wait for it to be lower, maybe by the Winter sale. I still have a big backlog of TellTale games to get through.

Besides that, got the 75 cents Binding of Isaac DLC when it was on sale, and Noitu Love 2 & Wizorb since they're super cheap. I think that'll probably be it for me unless something ridiculous goes on sale, nothing else I'm really looking forward to.

So i fire up Tropico 4, as i'm sure many tens of thousands of people are doing tonight, and i get stopped by a registration screen, i fill in my usual bullshit "i do not trust you with my info" info and am stopped by a "you must follow the info in the email we sent you" message.

683f9891-e4c2-4729-a932-f66cbf97aca6

I would not have bought it if i had known. I fucking HATE PC gaming sometimes.

I just took it as a way to deter piracy.

In all honesty, I'd take that over shitty SecuROM with limited installs like with Arkham City or the stench of GFWL. I'd, of course, rather have nothing at all between me and my game, but we've seen worse.

LobLob

Banned
It's nice to finally see some Vessel love. For anyone who's still on the fence, I'll just repost my description from earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39847329&postcount=7762

//-------------------

It's a physics-based puzzle platformer with a whole lot of fluid simulation going on. To get this out of the way early, it can get janky, like most other physics-based games.

What impresses me is the care that's put into the whole package. New ideas are taught using subtle Valve-style tutorials and it has an excellent difficulty curve. Even if you get stumped, you can skip most individual puzzles and come back later using a handy shortcut system (similar to Braid).

I also really like how almost nothing in the game is scripted. This is difficult to explain without seeing the game... You know how Deus Ex or Thief feels more like a simulation than a scripted game? How you have to use your tools to exploit a level that would continue humming along without the player character? Vessel has the same vibe. The puzzle elements themselves are physically simulated, the AI behavior is very predictable, etc.

And while the art style isn't going to win any awards, it works in motion. Lots of spinning cogs, pistons, swaying trees, rain/steam/lava flying everywhere..

And oh god the music is beautiful. You don't even know.

So your enjoyment of the game will primarily depend on your jank tolerance. If you can get over the occasional physics-based annoyance, there's a lot to love. It reminds me of those diamond-in-the-rough Eastern European RPGs*

Bravo Epmode, better then i could have said it, BUY VESSEL!!!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So should I get any of the DLC for SR3. I already have the regular game so that Franchise Pack is kind of making me :S.

Should I just get the Season Pass?

Fuck the vote sale of Saints Row Third the first day.
They decided to not put the DLC on sale, so as I thought (this thing was new) that it was not going to appear as a daily (and if it appear the DLC would be the same) I bought the season pass.

Now in the daily DLC is 75% off, thats 6 fucking euros I could have used for another game.
I know the rule of waiting for dailies by heart, but gaben fucking tricked me this time.
No fucking more.

At least I got LA Noire complete for 4 euros instead of 8 for only the single game, thanks to the awesome wilflare.
And bought also shark attack DLC for 0,36.

Levyne

Banned
I've been lucky enough to not run into SecuROM or GFWL yet. Too few games I guess.

Though I think the retail version of KoTOR 2 had SecuROM something on it

Kaladin

I was having the same slow download problem everyone else was, but I just fixed it. I paused all the downloads, rebooted my internet connection, picked one download and one download only to start and went with that. I now have The Walking Dead downloading at 1.2 MB/s.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just bought Ys Origin. Fuck yeah.

edit: will buy Bastion when it's on sale as-well.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So should I get any of the DLC for SR3. I already have the regular game so that Franchise Pack is kind of making me :S.

Should I just get the Season Pass?

Season Pass + Shark Weapon

That's all you really need. I'm an idiot, so I bought the "Witches and Wieners" pack, because I wanted to dress up as a Ninja in Saint's Row ever since I saw the Ninja Gang member.

MNC

I don't like the fact there's repeating already. And I bought so much every other sale, I hardly have to buy anything!

TheBear

Tobe's Vertical Adventure looks pretty great thanks for the tip. Thiking about jumping on Vessel, but I'm not entirely sure I need another indie platformer.

Netto-kun

Damage so far:
- Trine 2 Collector's Edition, 4.99€
- Q.U.B.E., 2.74€

Gifted:
- 3x Ys Origin to friends, 19.17€

Received from friend(s):
- Bunch of Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom