• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micerider

Legend of Grimrock today...almost triple dipped for Rayman Origin (got it on 360 and vita) but my reason got the better of my love for the limber-less little man.

Still struggling about HoMM VI.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed that the Ubisoft pack is a pretty damn good deal at $50.

I'd be getting:

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
Heroes of Might and Magic VI
R.U.S.E.
Rayman

for that price. I'm somewhat interested in all of those games, so it's definitely something I'll be considering.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Eufloria and Audiosurf, both 75% off. Whats the point in waiting for daily when its 75%!

Depends on how many indie games you already own. Even at 75% off those two are over half what the indie bundles of 5 games are going for.

Personally, I already own so many indie games at this point that the bundles each only have one or two games I want but don't already own anyway, so I will probably be doing a lot of individual indie game buying during this sale.

What's the best controller for "Steam games" in general? I've seen a consensus on the Xbox Windows controller, but how compatible is it with most games? Say I bought Binding of Isaac, would I be able to play that with that controller? I really dislike keyboard and mouse setups.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Soooo If Rayman is on the Flash deals that mean it could be cheaper on the daily deals right? Or are the Flash deals now the daily deals?

LProtag

Should I get Total War Shogun 2 knowing that I will have a computer that can run it in a month or two? Haha.

I think I'm just going with Crusader Kings II today.

Relax.MX

Very sad :( my work is 8 am to 6 pm and i dont have wifi or 3g :( my only font of sales is gaf but i need to buy something of the flash sales :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Soooo If Rayman is on the Flash deals that mean it could be cheaper on the daily deals right? Or are the Flash deals now the daily deals?

Dailies probably wont be cheaper than Flash.

pramath

Banned
I'll just repost this here as well, since this thread is active:

said:
So for the Steam sale, I wanted to purchase the Total War Bundle, which includes all Total War games, expansions and updates until Shogun 2. The bundle costs $30, down from the regular price of $50.

However, every time I try to check out, this is the Error Message I get:

'There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.'

I have tried multiple times to get the transaction to go through, from multiple computers (one with OS X, one with Windows 7), and I even tried the in browser store. Nothing seems to be accepting my transaction.

My account is an American account, as is the card I am using. Currently, however, I am in India for the holidays, if that helps.

I figured that the above might be the case, and so I tried Paypal. I got the same error message. I tried adding funds to my Steam wallet. Same error message. No matter what I do, my transaction will not go through.

I've been trying this irregularly over the last three and a half hours, and I still can't get it to work.

Anyone know what the problem is here? I really want to buy these games, and I think this is a great price to get them at. If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

HoosTrax

Hmm random thought, but I just realize just how similar the Grimrock logo is to Skyrim's. (It looks like they finally fixed the sales leaderboard -- it's been stuck for the past four hours)

Gartooth

Had $15 in my Steam wallet prior to this, so I decided to get GTA: San Andreas and Half-Life 2 for $12. (this will be my first time playing both a GTA and a Half Life game!)

Addnan

Depends on how many indie games you already own. Even at 75% off those two are over half what the indie bundles of 5 games are going for.

Personally, I already own so many indie games at this point that the bundles each only have one or two games I want but don't already own anyway, so I will probably be doing a lot of individual indie game buying during this sale.

Not interested in many other indie games, already own a lot too. So this works out for me.

What's the best controller for "Steam games" in general? I've seen a consensus on the Xbox Windows controller, but how compatible is it with most games? Say I bought Binding of Isaac, would I be able to play that with that controller? I really dislike keyboard and mouse setups.

The 360 controller is the most hassle free.

If the game supports a controller and was made after about 2006 it will almost always support the 360 controller natively.

In regards to Binding of Isaac that game does not support any kind of controller natively to get it to work you have to download xpadder.

The 360 controller is the most hassle free.

If the game supports a controller and was made after about 2006 it will almost always support the 360 controller natively.

In regards to Binding of Isaac that game does not support any kind of controller natively to get it to work you have to download xpadder.

Cool, thank you for the info. :)

Sianos

Bought Rayman earlier while GAF was down. It's fantastic, beautiful, and promises a good challenge: if you like a good platformer I say jump on the flash deal.

Sianos

yes it will go down to $4.99

Personally Im thinking about biting on Portal 2 for 4.99. Only thing holding me back is that valve gave me the original Portal for free... dont remember how or when..
Valve released Portal free as a promotion for Portal 2.

I say buy it now, it won't go any lower for a long while and is worth much more than $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom