• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retne

specifically refused to add controller support? what?

Florian only codes in Flash so the game was programmed that way, flash as a platform doesnt support controllers, it has nothing to do with them REFUSING to add controller support..

there's a joy2key config I made in the OT that works wonderfully.

That's kinda what I said but I guess I worded it weird. I had guessed flash was the main reason there was no controller support. It's one of the things that got asked about that game left right and center and they just pointed to joy2key so I figured they didn't want to bother with it.

Wok

Crazy, it looks like it WAS better to buy Analogue earlier despite the fact the sale was 40%. The soundtrack's not included, stand alone or bundle, so unless that's a daily deal it was better to have gotten the game then.

I don't understand. The discount is 50%.

So are flash deals going to be better than daily deals? Do we have to tell people to wait for a flash deal now?

Oh well...getting myself Grimrock and hoping for SR3 to win.

Salsa

Stuff like "first person to draw a picture of X wins Y".

BeNvJ.png

gimme

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I want to start the ball rolling on some fun giveaway stuff, but should I start that kind of thing in this thread or make a new one? Stuff like "first person to draw a picture of X wins Y".

I already had a giveaway in this thread for 4 copies of a game. Guess if you dont plan to throwout 20 copies, its fine in here or in the Free to a good home thread. And it also shouldnt be too long, since that will just make the thread bothersome.

Ledsen

I really want that Ubisoft pack because I don't own ANY of the games in it even though I have 250 games on Steam. But... it's only 50% off. That's a horrible discount for a bundle. Sorry Ubi, better be a daily or no go!

Also... how often do I have to log in to not miss any flash sales? Every 10 hours I guess before the last game i rotated out?

Salsa

Flash deals:

If you look at them, the one that lasts longer seems to be the important one (in this case Rayman), the other ones are pretty much repeats of previous sales.

Steam has so many games at this point that im guessing this is just another way to deal with people who missed out on other games. I wouldnt hold my breath to see anything SUPER NEW there (again: except for the longest one), and it definetly wont feature a further discounted daily.

Mayyhem

Okay so I'm done buying for Today. Picked up these two because I've never played them before and they interest me:

Portal 2 - $4.99

Dues Ex: HR - $7.49

Wallet is still hanging in there. On to the next dailies.

Probably the wrong place to bring this up but I'm getting odd framerate drops with COD WaW.

Recording MW2 is no problem at all and stay locked at 60 with or without FRAPS. WaW is smooth as butter until I begin to record. Strange considering the dated engine and the fact that WaW is a year older than MW2. hmmm

Wok

Flash deals:

If you look at them, the one that lasts longer seems to be the important one (in this case Rayman), the other ones are pretty much repeats of previous sales.

Steam has so many games at this point that im guessing this is just another way to deal with people who missed out on other games. I wouldnt hold my breath to see anything SUPER NEW there (again: except for the longest one), and it definetly wont feature a further discounted daily.

Look closer. Rayman was already discounted this much before. Only Deus Ex might be interesting, although this discount just matches discounts of Steam competitors.

Enjoy :) Probably doing another giveaway on a game I love during this sale. I probably end up spending more money on gifting stuff to you guys than actually buying stuff for me, haha.

You're doing the Lord's work, Sir. I've been telling everybody with working ears about Spacechem for the past year.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Clever filter.

Plan on doing something similar for the next game I am going to giveaway. Makes sense to search for people who are likely to enjoy the games.

Did they completely remove Wolfenstein? There's still a trailer up for it but the page seems inaccessible from my wishlist and doesn't show up in search. And I guess I can't open the trailer either.

Fireblend

Banned
So is Rayman Origins worth it for the multiplayer? I pretty much mean to buy it for me and my gf to have something to play (although I'd be giving the single player a shot as well).

I'm playing the demo for Sniper Elite V2 and I want to use grenades because I'm surrounded by Nazis at the part where you lay the bombs. I have stielhandgrenadz or whatever selected but pressing and holding F does nothing. So how do I throw grenades?

Ranger X

Any hidden sales?

I don't know what you mean by "hidden" but I sure bought some more obscure stuff that is great and will never be on the first page:

-Ys: The Oath in Felghana
-Offspring Fling!
-Nimbus

Double pack:
-Cthulhu Saves the World
-Breath of Death VII

Enco

I highly doubt flash deals will be daily deals or vice versa.

Would seem like terrible planning.

Is there any consensus on Deus Ex's price? Is there a chance it will go lower? If not I'm going to buy it now.
Amazing game well worth the price.

I remember playing through it with GAF in the OT. Was so good.

Bentendo

I don't like this... I was kind of counting on all three of those games (Batman, Saints Row and Wichter) to go on sale. Does this mean only ONE game will go on sale and none of them will be a daily? Too confusing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom