• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Does PoP 2008 has the epilogue that was DLC on consoles?

Fireblend

Banned
So far have bought:

Alan Wake
Alan Wake: American Nightmare
Rayman Origins
Skyrim

...pretty sure that will be it. If anything pops up that interests me (like Dustforce) I'll most likely bundle it with PixelJunk: Eden as well. But I don't really see myself spending more than $10 in what's left of the sale.

K' Dash

Isn't PoP 2008 the easiest one of all the PoP series? The game really plays for you?
Waiting for Fallout 3 or New Vegas to go on sale. Come On Gabe!

People bitch that you can't really die, it's true, Elikah saves you when you fall to your death, but there are many games with checkpoints every few steps or save whenever you want.

Character interaction and art are beautiful and I found the platforming fun, same for the combat, some nice combos if you do things besides mashing buttons.

I have a problem.

xiABn.png

HoosTrax

Ugh I just remembered why it's a bad idea for me to add funds to Steam wallet. Half of it gets spent on chest keys instead of games. I guess the damage isn't that bad once I do the "playtime to $ spent" math for TF2 and DOTA2, and it's a lot better than for a lot of other games I bought and haven't even played.

Anyone that grabbed the Batman Franchise, the skins have just been added to my account after they were missing for many. Also they can be used on your first playthrough contrary to common belief. These instructions are from the steam forums.

Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down

From the main menu after you have entered your profile.

NOTE: You must have played the game for a few seconds as Catwoman first. Start the game normally, when you have control as Catwoman - pause the game, quit to the main menu. Enter the code and the next time you go back to continue (in the same session) you will be given the opportunity to change your skin

100% off on all games for a day GABEN PLS!!!
LOL. Steam would be hammered from all the checkouts. Everyone would have a meltdown and freaking out that they can't buy anything.

People bitch that you can't really die, it's true, Elikah saves you when you fall to your death, but there are many games with checkpoints every few steps or save whenever you want.

Character interaction and art are beautiful and I found the platforming fun, same for the combat, some nice combos if you do things besides mashing buttons.
No penalty for dying? No risk? Yea, don't want that kind of hand holding.

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the two main complaints about PoP 2008: Lack of difficulty and the ending, though both are accurate. It's easily worth $2.50. I played and finished it and am considering $2.50 for it just to have it. Sands of Time was a game that while I was playing, I had thoughts of "I think this game might actually be perfect."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Any shmup recommendations? I've got Jamestown, Who's That Flying?!, and Noitu Love 2 already.

::edit::
Not that Noitu Love 2 is a shmup, just seems like people have mentioned it before when shmup recommendations come up so I figured I'd get it out of the way.

HiiiLife

Hot damn some of you guys really do go balls out with te Sunmer Sale huh? Lol. But there will be a Winter Sale right? And which sale is better?

Elginer

I cannot believe this crap, I still can't access the damn store front, even on browser. Damn you steam, I want that POP.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
tempted on grabbing Bastion and Serious Sam 3. I just have fond memories of Serious Sam 1 ("AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH")

Hot damn some of you guys really do go balls out with te Sunmer Sale huh? Lol. But there will be a Winter Sale right? And which sale is better?

Each sale is always better than the last because base prices will only go down/discounts go up as games get older.

That being said, your personal first sale is always the best. Worst on your wallet, though.

Tess3ract

Banned
I'm sorta on the fence with TFS. What is it you didn't like about it?
Frustrating gameplay elements that end up sounding cooler on paper than the actual thing, and the worst is it's the main component. After a little bit in the game you get the ability to freeze water. This allows you to grab, and jump off little waterfall pipes or "walls"

However, some of these only "stay put" in a form that you can use for a short time, so you have to time it just right to freeze them. Of course they kind of go too far by having you balance your sands to reverse time in order to get some of the water later on in the jump sequences. You have a limited pool of either and it takes a bit for it to start to recharge before you can gain some back.

Later on it's very very much "if you fuck up even whatsoever, do the whole tedious jumping puzzle over again".

That's not my idea of fun. I would rather pour acid into my eyes than deal with that kind of gameplay ever again.

Smash88

Banned
tempted on grabbing Bastion and Serious Sam 3. I just have fond memories of Serious Sam 1 ("AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH")

All I'm going to say is, if you loved SS1. SS3 is awesome! I'm in on the 2nd level, and soooo many AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's are going on! Fun experience and the graphics are really damn nice.

Oh and the customization in the graphics menu, holy shit I've never seen that before.

I have the 360 version of Saints Row The Third that I haven't opened. Would it be worth it to get the PC version and play through it instead and sell the 360 one?

Frustrating gameplay elements that end up sounding cooler on paper than the actual thing, and the worst is it's the main component. After a little bit in the game you get the ability to freeze water. This allows you to grab, and jump off little waterfall pipes or "walls"

However, some of these only "stay put" in a form that you can use for a short time, so you have to time it just right to freeze them. Of course they kind of go too far by having you balance your sands to reverse time in order to get some of the water later on in the jump sequences. You have a limited pool of either and it takes a bit for it to start to recharge before you can gain some back.

Later on it's very very much "if you fuck up even whatsoever, do the whole tedious jumping puzzle over again".

That's not my idea of fun. I would rather pour acid into my eyes than deal with that kind of gameplay ever again.

I believe you and all, but $2.50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom