• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace33

Mirrors Edge is always on sale everywhere. I mean. EA has even given it out for free on like 3 different occasions. Vote Beyond Good and Evil so I can finally try it out. Providing the cost is like $3 or less.

KingKong

I'd say Mirrors Edge is the best to vote for, Lara Croft was already a deal and Beyond Good and Evil is under $7 right now (compared to Mirrors Edge at $10)

HoosTrax

Buy Cave Story.

You have no reason not to.
I loved it...until I got to the conveyor belt river section. I HATE those types of sequences. I hated it in Mario RPG, Exile III, Pokemon.

I immediately ragequitted Cave Story at that section and haven't gone back since.

Recon

Banned
Steam Summer Sale Haul so far:

Portal 2(Free)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Bioshock 2
EUIII Chronicles(Free)
Midnight Club 2(Free)
The Binding Of Isaac
Qube
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Syberia(free)
Alpha Prime
Red Faction:Guerrila

A bit more than I wanted to spend at this point in the sale($28.67), but not too bad.

My damage list is starting to scare me a little.

Alan Wake bundle
Indie Bundle II
Crusader Kings 2 bundle
Max Payne 3
Saints Row the Third bundle
Trine 2
Tropico 4
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
The Witcher 2
Darksiders
Prince of Persia '08
Bejeweled 3
Fallout: New Vegas DLC (Old World Blues, Honest Hearts, Lonesome Road)
The Walking Dead
Cave Story+

I can't stop buying things

People, buy Red Faction Guerrilla, it has some problems like the taking a car from one point to the other with the clock (its fustratijng even arriving from point to point, do not try, I repeat DO NOT TRY getting any medals fro that shitty missions, you will get fustrated and hate the game), but when the game does what it does best, that means, destroying buildings and kicking ass, its amazing.

I used mods to give me a weapon that could construct again the buildings that is only in multiplayer (i dont know why its not in the game), and also gave me infinite ammo when a beat the game just to screw around (when you activate cheats ingame you cant save, its fucking stupid, something they did right with Saints Row 3 with the levelling system).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just so people are aware: Beyond Good and Evil is an old school console port. It has trouble with PC-standard resolutions and gamepads.

lol. just when I was about to click purchase. PoP went back to regular sales price. Cancelled purchase. Maybe that was a good thing. Voted BG&E.

HoosTrax

I must be the only person who absolutely hated this game
It had some really odd mechanics, like losing your weapon level if you got hit. Seemed to add a unnecessary grind factor to the game, and not a satisfying one like the soul or weapon collection mechanisms in the Metroidvania games.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Mirror's Edge gets my vote, it makes the most sense. I already have it on Xbox but would love to have it in my Steam library for cheap.

Tomb Raider was already on sale, and Beyond Good and Evil is already cheap. Plus it's nowhere near as good as ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom