• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change so that launching Steam doesn't automatically log me into Steam chat? I absolutely hate being logged into Steam chat.

You mean friends? Steam -> Settings -> Friends tab. Uncheck the auto sign into friends.

Nabs

Does anyone know if there's a setting I can change so that launching Steam doesn't automatically log me into Steam chat? I absolutely hate being logged into Steam chat.

Yeah, just go to settings (friends) and uncheck it, it should be near the top (log into friends automatically).

So I beat a year ago dead rising 2, people who have beat off the record, i have two questions:
1. SPOILER
can you save the asian reporter this time with Frank?
2. Are the human bosses less bullshit and more manegable?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
You mean friends? Steam -> Settings -> Friends tab. Uncheck the auto sign into friends.

Thanks, mate! Should have probably looked there myself.

What do you mean, exactly, by "Steam chat"? I never get pop ups for chats... or do you mean seeing friends' statuses when logging in? If so, Settings -> Friends -> uncheck the first box

EDIT: Beaten like a bongo

DSix

Banned
Damage so far:
Alan Wake Franchise
Batman Arkham City
Caster
FEAR 1 (no interest in the sequels, and I am pretty curious about its AI)
From Dust (but I didn't know about the ubi DRM...)
Metro 2033
Starwars KOTOR
Trine 1+2
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana
Almost at 50€ now. This is the biggest sale yet for me. Too many games in my impulse buy range.

Panda Rin

Picked up Mirror's Edge. Still thinking about Dead Rising 2. Didn't quite enjoy DR1 because of the time limit and the fact that shooting and melee were absolutely horrid.

Katoki

Damage so far:

Almost at 50€ now. This is the biggest sale yet for me. Too many games in my impulse buy range.

I wish I had as much control as some of you people. Not to say I don't have the funds but it'd be nice to spend not as much, lol.

Don't know what kind of mods you mean, but I got iCEnhancer to work just fine on GTAIV, as well as a mod to change Niko's suit.

Oh, maybe they updated it, I haven't messed around with it for well over a year.

Is ME PC a huge upgrade over the console versions? Take PhysX out of the equation.

First, not so much. 2nd and 3rd are though. Wait, you're talking about Mirror's Edge. Yeah, no idea.

djkimothy

I bought Amnesia and Dear Esther cause I love atmospheric games. I'm hoping for good things!

Also got Orcs must dies yesterday. So much fun for 3 dollars! LOL.

Victrix

*beard*
Are the DLC levels for Mirror's Edge not on Steam? That's the whole reason I voted for it :( I played it on the 360, I want to play those levels in glorious 60fps 1080!

Pyccko

Fable 2 is a good game. Fable 3 is a bad game.

This is the truth.

It had framerate problems when it launched, those might be fixed now though.

Aside from the technical stuff, I liked Fable 2 a lot more than 3. Fable 3 art style just didn't click with me and I didn't like the strategy parts.

Cool, thanks guys. Yeah, I remember hearding some unkind things back when it first came out, but damn if I don't wake up crying some nights because I don't have an Xbox to play Fable 2 on. ;_; ANYWAYS, yeah I'm gonna pass on 3.

scitek

I'm not a huge Dead Rising fan, but I feel like there's something there that may click with me if I gave it a chance. I'm torn, though, as I've already bought 4 games today and really am just waiting on a few others to go on sale.

DSix

Banned
I wish I had as much control as some of you people. Not to say I don't have the funds but it'd be nice to spend not as much, lol.

The secret is not to go over 10€ for any game you badly wanted to play. And not over 5€ for any good game that wasn't initially in your field of view (you can take a bit more risks if under 3€).

Zebra

I'm hoping that Deus Ex wins the community vote.

I got it while it was a flash sale, beat it, then regretted not buying the DLC.

Katoki

Is Saints Row 3 really good?

Depends, I enjoy it a lot. I'm still going at it right now but I can't speak highly of the "territory reclaiming activities". Other than that, I'm still having a blast, that and I have a hoverjet thing and a hoverjet bike thing. I love how over the top it is sometimes but maybe I fall in that category of people with a higher tolerance of this game than others?

Salsa

then regretted not buying the DLC.

you should, the missing link is fucking awesome

and as stated by the banner I made back then for the OT, the base price wasnt the greatest

iVbKlomYTUxWl.png

Mairu

Is the FEAR Collection worth $10? I haven't played any of the games. I also wonder if DR 2 will be cheaper by the holiday sale...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Genuine curiosity - what don't you like about the game? It's just so damn good.

Every time the game asks you to pick up a gun and shoot people it turns into a really mediocre game. I love the parkour stuff, but it's just such a shame they had to cram a bunch of crappy FPS combat in there.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's just Off The Record right? Dead Rising 2 is still at $15. Off The Record sucks.

I heard its the same game just with another character. Not true? Whats different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom