• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh god yes, the 8 hour game (Mafia 2) ended and BTTF replaced it's place with a 6 hour timer.

Each game is on a 6hour loop. This is much better.

If anyone buys deus ex, PLEASE tell me how you got it working. bought it from amazon. long story short. screw pc games.

If you mean HR,go to Add new game in steam and input your CD key from Amazon. That should be all you have to do.

For the original, I haven't had any problem running it in Windows 7 64 bit.

vid

So me and one of the roommates decided to try and recreate the iconic "It's sale time!!" image...

reallifenosteamno.jpg

Derp, fixed the broken image. My fault for trying to post it from my phone while getting dinner.

I'm safe for another hour and forty five minutes, what I need is an RSS feed or ticker that has absolutely nothing other than new games on sales as they come up to the second.

Koroviev

Does anyone know what might be causing this?.....

I've downloaded about 6 games without a problem so far, but every time I try and install this one I get that error.

I received an error while purchasing the game, but it still showed up in my library, and I'm downloading it now. Will report back if I encounter any further issues.

Blizzard

Banned
If anyone buys deus ex, PLEASE tell me how you got it working. bought it from amazon. long story short. screw pc games.
Just to be clear, the original or the new one? I've played both (possibly both in Windows 7) and I think I only did something special for the original one. I don't think I ran into any huge issues though.

Card Boy

Banned
Oh god yes, the 8 hour game (Mafia 2) ended and BTTF replaced it's place with a 6 hour timer.

Each game is on a 6hour loop. This is much better.

It's not better if you missed out on a really good deal you want because your sleeping.

Should be 12hrs.

Salsa

Pro-tip that people seem to be missing:

dont check the flash deals every 6 hours, check them every 11. That way you get 1 hour to decide if you wanna buy the current one and after 1 hour you get to see the new one.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
May grab the Shark DLC for Saint's Row just to have the Armed And Dangerous shark gun ripoff but other than that I'm not sure that I care to drop 2 bucks after discount on just some skins.

Caerith

Well, I'm going to bed I guess. I can't believe I'm doing this but I'll be setting my alarm to go off whenever a new flash deal is scheduled. I just have to call someone to check the deals for me while I'm at work and give them my username/password. Honestly can't believe I'm doing this. I guess I'll also have to give them my e-mail account since they'll be activating it on a new computer.
Or just ask them to gift you the deal and you can repay them later. I'd rather someone trust me for $12.49 than me trust them with unfettered access to my e-mail and Steam accounts.

dont check the flash deals every 6 hours, check them every 11. That way you get 1 hour to decide if you wanna buy the current one and after 1 hour you get to see the new one.

Umm not sure if serious because within an 11 hour time frame you miss one full cycle of all four games theoretically. You would miss like 3 flash sales that way.

Joe Molotov

But a new one starts in 2 hours and ends 6 hours after that! That's only 8 hours from now.

RustyO

Stupid question time... The Walking Dead

So... you don't buy each episode; but rather pay $18.74 (or $25) up front; get the first two episodes now, then just download the rest as they get released?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
The flash deals are going to kill me. I have to work and have a life the next 2 weeks!

Salsa

Umm not sure if serious because within an 11 hour time frame you miss one full cycle of all four games theoretically. You would miss like 3 flash sales that way.

• Check the 3 games on sale
  • after 6 hours those games change for another 3
  • those 3 games last for another 6 hours
  • by checking the old and new games every 11 hours you get to see every flash deal
  • you get one hour to decide if you wanna buy it, no need to check the flash sales THE MINUTE they go up

edit: oh wait, the flash deals arent lining up? my bad then, thought eventually they would all go for 6 hours each at the same time, ugh

Meier

I still find it incredibly weird that there isn't an actual link to the Steam store in the OP. Why not just make the deals or the header image a clickable link?!

I picked up Terraria, Waves and The First Templar. Waves and Templar aren't daily deals but at 70% and 66% off respectively they couldn't get much cheaper so why not plus I want something for the weekend

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I still find it incredibly weird that there isn't an actual link to the Steam store in the OP. Why not just make the deals or the header image a clickable link?!

I find it stranger that you are so hung up on it.

Mods should make your tag a clickable link to Steam.

Bentendo

Or just ask them to gift you the deal and you can repay them later. I'd rather someone trust me for $12.49 than me trust them with unfettered access to my e-mail and Steam accounts.

Well, it's my brother I'd be asking. We have a good relationship and, honestly, I guess I don't care what he sees on my e-mail account. Also if you knew him you'd know he wouldn't even care to "snoop around" or anything. He honestly does not care about secrets people hold. (I have multiple e-mail accounts anyway).

But yeah that is a good idea.

Joe Molotov

• Check the 3 games on sale
  • after 6 hours those games change for another 3
  • those 3 games last for another 6 hours
  • by checking the old and new games every 11 hours you get to see every flash deal
  • you get one hour to decide if you wanna buy it, no need to check the flash sales THE MINUTE they go up

edit: oh wait, the flash deals arent lining up? my bad then, thought eventually they would all go for 6 hours each, ugh

learn2read salsa

Caerith

I love BTTF so hard but even for the whole series, ehhh

I didn't like the first episode that much.
BTTF is not a bad adventure game, but it doesn't really feel like BTTF. Marty McFly, in the movies, is more fast than clever. In the game, he's kinda your typical adventure game protagonist.

I want to check them as they go up haha. I got Mafia 2 Digital Deluxe for £2.50 once I worked out it was wrong and that was about what I wanted to pay for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom