• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I know what you all want to be a Daily Deal and there's no need to lie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY

this game had a 90% discount in the last winter sale, i bought it for like 3€, me and a friend had a lot of fun with it for a couple hours :p

edit: wait, it was railworks and not this one, but it's more or less the same stuff...

Sianos

And BTTF, I snuck em all in when I thought about it a little more ;)

image.php

Just pretend I avatar quoted myself.

The counter on my Steam store says 15 hours, but that can't be right.

They overlap. Regarding The Sims, I'm guessing it's not very likely unfortunately. I can only remember The Sims going on sale once during a weekend sale for a significant discount but of course you might as well wait to the last day, just in case.

Captain Schwann, yep, three hours and forty-seven minutes until the next set of Daily Deals are live (and wallets start to die).

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Anyone know in the past (like last year) if Dungeon Siege Bundle went on daily deal really just want Dungeon Siege 1, but 17.99 is too much. This is my first Steam Sale so I'm trying to stay strong and wait.
I am waiting for this to drop as well. I wish you could pulled for bundles in you wishlist so I can remember to track it.

Dimorphic

it happens here and there. i've encountered it and tried on another computer, through the STEAM client itself and it worked

I've tried on my Windows laptop through the client, Mac client, iOS app, iPad web browser, Chrome Windows web browser, Safari Mac web browser and nothing. I also made a new account and linked a new credit card too it and STILL it didn't work.

I literally cannot buy games right now. So I am about an hour and a half away from missing Trine and god knows what else I'll miss waiting for Steam Support to pick up my ticket!

I know this might sound random, but did you by any chance used to post on the Xbox.com.au forums?

Yeah mate I did, I do remember you. Long time ey!

Twinduct

I'm slipping gaf ... I though I'd buy nothing day 1.

Already picked up Grimrock, Crusader Kings 2, Spellforce 2, Divine Divinity.

Fuck ...

Arksy

I'm surprised I've never seen TRAINZ-GAF in my time here so far. I thought those train simulators had a surprisingly big following.

Games so far: 3
- Trine 2 x 2 (one for friend)
- Legends of Grimlock

It's also taking all my courage not to buy Shogun 2 total war, because Rome 2 is coming out and Rome was by far the best. :(

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Anyone play Divine Divinity? It looks like fun.
One of my favorite games of ALL TIME. Its one of the best successors to the Ultima formula. Sure combat is more Diablo but it plays nothing like Diablo.

Only advice I can say is get past the first dungeon beneath the first town. It plays too much like Diablo. The rest of the game is nothing like that. Get past that dungeon and the game becomes amazingly awesome if you like CRPGs.

I am going to buy it on Steam but waiting to see if it drops any more. Still, $4 is a steal.

garath

I really hope I didn't slip up by buying Warlock on a Flash sale. It was $6.xx when I think it was on sale for $5 before. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it became a daily and sold for $5. :(

I'm on the fence about Portal 2 and Trine 2. I just have so many games I don't know when I'd get to them.

Hey guys, kind of new here. Just wanted to throw out a quick question or two about Skyrim:

-Is it worth buying now or do you think it might get a little cheaper during this sale?

-Should I just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition?

Dimorphic

Hey guys, kind of new here. Just wanted to throw out a quick question or two about Skyrim:

-Is it worth buying now or do you think it might get a little cheaper during this sale?

Absolutely it's worth buying! As for it getting cheaper, well it could be a daily at some point but I wouldn't rely on it.

ShaneB

Damn Darksiders. I mean it's been 5 bucks a billion different times, but now that I put money in my Steam Wallet, I think I'll buy it. And it's a perfect case of a game I just want to have on PC, already played it before on 360, I mean I love the damn game, and I'm excited for 2.... ah hell... I'm trying to convince myself not to buy it, and I'm doing a terrible job. Bought!

I would, without a doubt, say that it is going to be a Daily Deal but the question is as to whether it will be 50% off, 66% off or, very unlikely, 75% off. As to whether it's worth just waiting for the GOTY edition,nobody really can say but you. I mean, financially it's better to wait for it but it's up to you.

colinp

Banned
Could someone gift me the Shogun 2: Blood Pack? It isn't available in my region and is just $0.95..

I can send you a postcard from Japan as a thanks! ;)

- What is the first rule of the Steam sales? To be fair I'm not expecting it to get much lower but you never know.
- I'm still waiting for the GOTY edition. If you're not going to play it right away or any time soon then I'd wait if I were you.

Fireblend

Banned

WAIT FOR IT TO BE A DAILY SALE

It's going to be a daily for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got cheaper by a pretty large margin. Definitely wait.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Any thoughts on the full version of Clash of Heroes? From the demo it seems like it could be a fun puzzle game with a polished interface. The story, dialogue and portrait artwork is awful though.

This is pretty much what I'd say about it. (Disclaimer: I haven't beaten it; I'm partway through the knight dude's campaign.) It's a pretty competent puzzle game and the limited-move brain teasers get really good. Don't expect the cutscenes to get any better.

I will warn you that the pace of the game really slows down once you switch to said knight dude because of a change in mechanics.
He has no single turn units.

(...Though maybe I'm just dumb and haven't figured out the right tactics yet.)

I really hope I didn't slip up by buying Warlock on a Flash sale. It was $6.xx when I think it was on sale for $5 before. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it became a daily and sold for $5. :(

I'm on the fence about Portal 2 and Trine 2. I just have so many games I don't know when I'd get to them.

In my opinion it would be a crime to pass up on Portal 2 or Trine if you bought Warlock. I personally regret buying Warlock. If the concept of Civ V + Wizards really turns your crank, I guess it's ok. But it's a pretty shameless rip off and it doesnt' look nearly as good, obviously. I played it for about half an hour and all it made me want to do is load up Civ V again, which I did promptly.

Portal 2, however, is brilliant. And Trine 2 is one of the most gorgeous looking 2d games you will ever feast your eyes on.

Owzers

i think i want Trine 2 on psn despite it costing twice as much for the simpler local co-op.

I did end up getting Shogun 2 as my first sale purchase. Crusader Kings 2 looked interesting too, as well as Legend of Grimrock. How are LoG's controls?

Morokh

It's worth buying now but there is a pretty high chance it might go cheaper as a daily.

You could wait for a Goty, but there is a good chance you will be able to get the game + all DLC cheaper on separate sales by the time the Goty is out.

Firebrand

Is Trine 2 a lot better than Trine 1?

Trine 1 didn't really grip me, never finished the game but had its moments.
Trine 2 still gets a tad repetitive I think, but yeah, I'd say it's a lot better.

I didn't really like the Trine 1 demo that much and I've had quite a bit of fun with the second one in co-op. Doesn't hurt that it's absolutely gorgeous either.

I picked up the full version of Trine 1 when it was mispriced during the holiday sale to see if I could appreciate it more after playing the sequel, but no.

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
I just created a Steam account for the previous Humble Indie Bundle and this sale is really drawing me in. I haven't spent any money yet but its so tempting.

Hmm... how to go about constructing a backlog? I have no idea which games to get (although I'm hovering over 'Buy' for Portal 2).

I'm just afraid that once I open my wallet I won't be able to close it!

ShaneB

After hearing the praise for Divine Divinity, added it to my wishlist. Had no idea what it was really. Looks like a perfect candidate for a last day pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom