• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
iAUkDwy.gif

blue team

natertots

Anyone have an idea what game has the cheapest trading cards? I'd like to start making some badges since this is the first day I've had free time away from work. Thanks in advance.

Oh, wow.
Relatives came over.
Had to go away.
Not much time to stay.
Already new thread? Plus the last 15 pages had awesome giveaways.
Mmmh, I think I'll prep something for later, nothing big.

But my last giveaway made me feel really good. And shortly after I got Portal as a gift.
Do good, get sth. good.

Later bros.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I guess I should ask if Metal Gear Rising is worth playing for someone who hasn't played a Metal Gear game since MGS2. Maybe I'll pick it up for myself...

It's much, much closer to Bayonetta or DMC.

Basically only utilizes MGS lore a bit.

Sini

I gave away all of my bundle games week ago, now it's time to empty my Steam inventory.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-443D0C2B88E97367 - Taken by Necromanti
Steam Marines -- MB-322D12C55F00201D - Taken by outunderthestars
Steam Marines #2 -- MB-6361053848B2C60C - Taken by Purkake4
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-0A59FD2709E1C554 - Taken by cHinzo
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut -- MB-A063766286169688 - Taken by Shalashaska
Braid -- MB-AFC91F154AC75223 - Taken by Leg-End

t1403477415z1.png

Halo 2

Banned
I guess I should ask if Metal Gear Rising is worth playing for someone who hasn't played a Metal Gear game since MGS2. Maybe I'll pick it up for myself...

I don't think understanding the story is a big part of the MGS games.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the series, I just don't know what the hell is going on.

Turfster

it's a completely different kind of game.
It's more of a DMC than a Metal Gear game, really.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Should I get Metro or wait for Redux? I noticed one of the new features in Last Light Redux is the "Check Watch" feature. I haven't played LL yet, but can you not hold a button to bring up your watch like in 2033? If not how does it work?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
It's much, much closer to Bayonetta or DMC.

Basically only utilizes MGS lore a bit.

I don't think understanding the story is a big part of the MGS games.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the series, I just don't know what the hell is going on.

Fair enough:) I started MGS4 and had no idea what was going on. I do like DMC though so I'll give it a shot.

SugarDave

I've already spent far too much in this sale, and I'm not going to get any use out of these things for a few months. What is wrong with me?

I suppose it's a good thing games are pretty much the only thing I spend money on.

Vastag

They already had their sale before this, IIRC. They are matching prices if you'd rather buy on their store, though it can be a bit delayed.

I preferred their aggresive counter-sale style. So many deals to choose from between amazon and steam.

LuffyZoro

I'm glad that I'm not really feeling the urge to buy much this sale, because getting a Wii U last week took a lot out of my wallet.

Also made me wanna play Arkham City again, so I bought that. I played it on 360 for some reason, and never touched the PC version

That's my entire experience with Arkham Oranges summed up, whenever I play it I'm just like, maaan, I don't want to play as no Chris Redfield-Batman, I want to play as Batman-Batman, so then I just play some more Arkham City.

def sim

It's a character action game not unlike Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. It's not very similar to any other Metal Gear game whatsoever.

The story is unimportant to the canon, though still entertaining.

Has anyone here actually bought and played Betrayer. Lots of hype for it in the previous thread. For those of you who have put some time in it, what do you think? Worth $4? Seems like the kind of thing that will show up in a bundle at a moment's notice.

i own it, and aside from a good art style, its a genuinely poor game. Extremely repetitive, poor mechanics, and overall just dull

Strider

So Tomb Raider multiplayer sucks?

Also for anyone that wants feel free to add me on steam. My steam name is in my profile. Need more gaffers on my friends list.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
i bit the bullet..i just need that tiny tina dlc now ;_; ....

is that dlc good?

Tiny Tina is great.

Personally, I was a bit burned out on BL2 at that point, but especially if you're playing with friends, it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom