• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So..yeah. Borderlands 2 as a single-player experience. Any opinions on that would be appreciated. Been on my wish list forever. $10 for the goty version sounds great, but it's also money that could go toward other games if I am never gonna play it anyway.

For me, it had enough draw to get me through the whole game.

But the second/third 'harder' difficulty playthroughs will probably burn you out if you go at it solo, as nothing really changes save the numbers getting bigger.

Changing to a different character helps, but IMO, isn't enough to keep you in.

Teppic

I've been wondering... no one can really deny that the summer adventure is rigged, but is it even legal?

I mean, it's a contest about winning games. People might not pay money directly to it, but you can buy cards and use them to get a "lottery ticket". And according to the rules, the more you invest the more likely you are to win. Except that it's no longer the case.

Oh no. The mastercard thing locked me out of the marketplace. If I went back to using my regular CC would it let me use the marketplace again?

Turfster

So..yeah. Borderlands 2 as a single-player experience. Any opinions on that would be appreciated. Been on my wish list forever. $10 for the goty version sounds great, but it's also money that could go toward other games if I am never gonna play it anyway.

BLAND as fuck.
And then it turns into a chore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there was a gaffer that won on day 1

SugarDave

EWmof.gif
Based Pink Team
p0QHO.gif

Miletius

Today looks like it could potentially be a lot of damage. There's Metal Gear, TWAU, Metro Complete, and maybe Betrayer. Is that out of Early access yet?

I wouldn't expect a response until the day before your ban is due to lift tbh. Spent over a week waiting when Steam decided that me logging into steam through Firefox (not for the first time) was apparently a "new device" and despite a detailed message explaining to them this wasn't the case, nothing was done about it. My guess is you'll be waiting it out.

Why did you need a response. I log in via new devices all the time and nothing happens to my account? I just cleared the browsing history on my tablet and re-logged in via chrome... everything's status quo for me.

And that still doesn't change the fact that their "support" for lack of a better term is abysmally pathetic and absolutely unacceptable, especially in cases like mine where the fuckup is VALVE's and I'm being punished for no reason.

What are you trying to buy/sell?

Sell my cards to subsidize my buying.
Purchase summer cards to craft a badge on a day that blue might win (and to do it at least once to satisfy my OCD).
Purchase TF2 keys for trading.
So on and so forth.

no idea what happens, ask Stump hes the brains behind the machine

Secondary entries are ignored so long as there isn't an entry for a secondary item in a non-multientry giveaway.

I guess I should ask if Metal Gear Rising is worth playing for someone who hasn't played a Metal Gear game since MGS2. Maybe I'll pick it up for myself...

If you like "character action" games like Bayonetta/DMC/Ninja Gaiden, absofuckinglutely.

I gave away all of my bundle games week ago, now it's time to empty my Steam inventory.

Nice giveaway, sir.

Zandatsu bitches!

18bl1vjfjj64igif.gif

EVnXObZ.gif

We're done here!

Vuze

Wouldn't recommend it if you plan on playing solo. I almost got burned out while playing through it with my brother in LAN, it was quite the chore in the end. Haven't even touched the DLCs after the main game even tho I own the GOTY edition lol

I had a blast playing it alone. I typically prefer games single player so maybe my views are skewed but I loved it. Laughed lots and killed lots.

I had fun with it too -- it's all about whether or not the game scratches an itch that you're feeling gameplay wise. I occasionally synced up with a friend of mine for a couple quests, but the large majority of the game I completed alone and had a good enough time with it that I bought it on PC as a "double dip".

Anustart

Oh no. The mastercard thing locked me out of the marketplace. If I went back to using my regular CC would it let me use the marketplace again?

I wonder how people got to add it to their wallets without getting them locked? I just buy games out-right with those so it doesn't happen. And no, you won't regain access.

Zeknurn

I suggest a new title. It's been 2 hours and they still haven't fixed it.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| Reference #99.651d4117.1403467537.df91e04

Crayons

Banned
I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Wolf Among Us = -- MB-1C0746A0A0862791 - Taken by UncleO. 57 entrants total.

t1403468570z1.png

Is Gone Home any good?

If you like casual experiences and stuff, it's pretty good.
Don't expect a lot of gameplay... and if the story doesn't turn out to be to your liking, you'll probably regret it. If I had paid money for it, I'd be upset, but as a gift from a friend who really likes those experiences, I thought it was a good time overall. It's really short too. All of 3 hours at max?

So here's a question. What's on everyone's top 3 in their wishlist? Batman Arkham Origins, Final Fantasy VIII and Shadow Warrior for me.

Much more fun with friends. Not great by yourself at all really.

BY2K

Membero Americo
For the new thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for BY2K:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-EF0CDEE64E33D137 - Taken by UncleO

t1403472813z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom