• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is Enhanced Steam down for anyone else?

Our servers have been overloaded every day of the sale for about 2 hours from 10:00am to noon PST (after the new sales start).

We've had over 100,000 new users since the sale started, and more than 6 times our expected traffic for the sale. Sorry about that guys.

So all those people that were angry at people like me when we even dared asked for Wolfenstein to be a daily, yeah they owe us an apology. Joking aside, wait for the daily deals proves to be a solid rule.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
And with that I'm done. Now I have too many games that I want to play. There's no justifying buying more games now.

Total tally:

• Cloudbuilt
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Spacebase DF-9
  • Goat Simulator
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
  • Organ Trail
  • Eador: Masters of the Broken World
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Volgarr the Viking
  • They Bleed Pixels
  • The Banner Saga
  • Noir Syndrome
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Shadow Warrior
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • State of Decay

Our servers have been overloaded every day of the sale for about 2 hours from 10:00am to noon PST (after the new sales start).

We've had over 100,000 new users since the sale started, and more than 6 times our expected traffic for the sale. Sorry about that guys.

Ah I didn't know that. No big deal though, thank you for the wonderful extension. I was just wondering if it was an issue on my part :p

_hekk05

Banned
No ikaruga, no luftrausers, no yawhg, no CSD, no unholy heights, no full bore, no escape goat 2, no aqua kitty, no 100% orange juice (even though that price is a killer, I'm lacking a few cents)

GabeN pls

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So... Mercenary Kings.

Reading the reviews, how come the negative ones tend to be more thoughtful (lack of diagonal aiming, intrusive level design, etc.).

So looks like a mediocre game? The Scott Pilgrim was terrible so I wasn't expecting something good, but a shooter...

Disappointed with the Among the Sleep discount. Doesn't even deserve to be on the front page with that kind of discount.

Probably going to pick up Year Walk, and ponder Transistor for another day.
No ikaruga
GabeN pls
This one hurts most. Because we had the chance. Don't give up, one sale Binding of Isaac was the last flash deal, after I had bought it.

Ban Puncher

The dream is dead.

Also, BlazBlue won't go on sale either.

Vh4oo.gif

Shadownet

Banned
the ONLY reason i'm not rebuying Wolfenstein is because I already platinum it on PS4. but if anyone is hesitating. Buy it! it's worth $60. 50% off is amazing.

The_Monk

So, Shadowrun, yes or no?

I would say yes. Perfect game to play during Autumn or when winter is coming. There's not much variety regarding the base game as I don't own the DLC but it was more than worth my time. The game have a very nice mood in the city and I like how the story is told.

maneil99

So all those people that were angry at people like me when we even dared asked for Wolfenstein to be a daily, yeah they owe us an apology. Joking aside, wait for the daily deals proves to be a solid rule.

You thought a thread could make a game go on sale. The game was planned to go on sale likely weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom