• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
So how does wolfenstein run on PC?

I want to pull the trigger but I don't want a mess of a game with bugs and Id like to have decent graphics settings on my 660. If not I'll just wait and get on PS4.

haikira

Question about Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. How much dependence is there, on having played through the base game?

I know it's not stand alone, and I don't see why I wouldn't play the original first, which I do own. I'm just curious, for some reason. I guess if it were an independent story, I'd be tempted to skip to it, since I've heard it's a step up from the original, and I don't get as much time to play through games these days.

Welp, there goes all of Mondays pay. Was considering Wolfenstein yesterday for £20 in Tesco, so this is brilliant, Shadowrun looks good, and still need to pickup Payday 2 from yesterday. And I've got a bunch of stuff queued up for the final day.

Chariot

jGHUiaQjXPgw4.png

Google Spreadsheet
Download the .ods

I don't know why pink got the picture now, they actually have less then on their first win.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Got tired of waiting on Steam and finally snagged Knock-Knock on GOG for 2 bucks.

Officially done with summer sales. 10 games is plenty.

edit: well at least Blue Team got the highest single day score. thats... something. ;_;

Damn, Wolfenstein is still too much for me... want to get Broken Age, but' I'm still hoping for a bigger discount on DreadOut and I don't have much money left.

Also, still no sale for SiN Episodes :/

Uzzy

Okay guys help me decide between Shadowrun w/Dragonfall DLC or Baldurs Gate II.

Have you played Baldur's Gate 2 before? If so, then get Shadowrun w/Dragonfall. If not, then get Baldur's Gate 2. It is the greatest RPG of all time after all.

Question about Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. How much dependence is there, on having played through the base game?

I know it's not stand alone, and I don't see why I wouldn't play the original first, which I do own. I'm just curious, for some reason.

Zero dependence. It's an entirely separate campaign.

Colby

I thought I understood how to SteamSale, but I bought Cloudbuilt for 4.99 and it's gonna be 2.99...my life is pretty much over.

You thought a thread could make a game go on sale. The game was planned to go on sale likely weeks ago

How many time do I have to tell you that I didn't think a thread could make a game go on sale, I was just asking if they already had it in the books.

We are on different channels or something, anyway, it's a daily now isn't it.

maneil99

I want to pull the trigger but I don't want a mess of a game with bugs and Id like to have decent graphics settings on my 660. If not I'll just wait and get on PS4.

I've played both, PS4 version is locked at 60fps/1080p but the PC version is capable of higher resolution, higher AA and a better DOF effect. My 780had issues with stuttering (if it drops below 60fps it seems to drop to 30fps), I would pick it up on PS4 used (I got a copy for 40$ two days ago vs the 70$ it retails for in CAD because the PC copy I won stuttered so bad)

Kadin

Our servers have been overloaded every day of the sale for about 2 hours from 10:00am to noon PST (after the new sales start).

We've had over 100,000 new users since the sale started, and more than 6 times our expected traffic for the sale. Sorry about that guys.
Been working great for me!

steadfast

It runs extremely well. It's built on the id tech 5 (RAGE) engine. I have a GTX 560 and it ran fine. No stuttering for me

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
seeing bald nerd's gait on the front page reminds me we still have yet to see the other infinity engine games come to steam despite them having spots in the backend for like two years now

:(

The_Monk

Fewr

I would say yes. Perfect game to play during Autumn or when winter is coming. There's not much variety regarding the base game as I don't own the DLC but it was more than worth my time. The game have a very nice mood in the city and I like how the story is told.

Sold. Thanks.

I just needed a teeny tiny nudge.

Link Man

Banned
So I already have both Baldur's Gate games via GOG, and haven't played them (I know, I know), do these Enhanced Editions really add much? Or should I just stick with the originals?

Not planning to get them this sale, anyway, just wondering if I should keep them on my wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom